Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-04-2013, 09:00 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Multiplayer Statistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by lextg View Post
Can real boxing explain why is it in Multiplayer Statistics i won 318 and won by KO 315 but my Leaderboard points is only 797?? let say i only count KO, 1 KO = 3 points and if i won 315 KO = 945!
That is why i dont play this game as many as before.. only play like 2 times a week now, and my ranking drop from 1 to 6 now! Please Help!!!!!
Sorry for delayed response.

Indeed 1 KO = 3 points but when someone leaves the fight or gets disconnected you get only 1 point.

The difference may be attributed to that.

Hope this helps.

VG
Old 02-06-2013, 12:42 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Hi Vivid,

I finally managed to get my hands on an iPod Touch 5G, and the increased ram and more powerful A5 chip make a huge difference. I saw an intro cut-scene that I did not know existed. Fights are now far smoother, which revealed a problem I noticed. The players boxer responds incredibly slowly compared to the AI, which responds incredibly quickly.

For example, if I swing and miss, the AI is able to counter in the split of a second. If the AI misses and I'm even a fraction of a second off in tapping, I get hit for an insane amount of damage. Am I just slow, or is the AI really that quick?
Old 02-11-2013, 06:34 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default AI and amount of damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzu View Post
Hi Vivid,

I finally managed to get my hands on an iPod Touch 5G, and the increased ram and more powerful A5 chip make a huge difference. I saw an intro cut-scene that I did not know existed. Fights are now far smoother, which revealed a problem I noticed. The players boxer responds incredibly slowly compared to the AI, which responds incredibly quickly.

For example, if I swing and miss, the AI is able to counter in the split of a second. If the AI misses and I'm even a fraction of a second off in tapping, I get hit for an insane amount of damage. Am I just slow, or is the AI really that quick?
The amount of damage depends on your opponent skills. Start with a weaker opponent and/or improve your character. When AI is attacking concentrate on defence.

Hope this helps.

Vivid Games

Last edited by VividGames; 02-11-2013 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 02-13-2013, 02:33 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
after hours of playing this game i can assume that after we finished the bronze level(career mode) and continue to silver, the opponents gets tougher and its impossible to beat them without buying the ability upgrade(coins or whatever the name is) from the store. am i right ? or i simply just that stupid to play this game?

@dev please reply because if it so then i dont want to waste my time playing this game collecting upgrades(that requires you to buy coins)
So you do not absolutely have to buy skill upgrades in the store. You also increase your skills by pure fighting and going to the gym for training (this is possible every 5 fights). This strategy would work although is quite lengthy. Just remember to go to the gym. ;-)

The additional element is to buy skill sets with the in-game currency. Please note that you do not have to buy in-game currency for real money. You get in-game currency just for fighting and this should be sufficient to buy the skills you need.

Vivid Games
Old 02-13-2013, 02:47 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

is there any reason to play this again ? I've already beat every opponent, 60+ KOs and all the belts and I did it in the first update.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:55 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
is there any reason to play this again ? I've already beat every opponent, 60+ KOs and all the belts and I did it in the first update.
Do you not face crashes in multiplayer? Unresponsive buttons, delayed for single and multiplayer? I have an iPhone 5 and this game makes me feel my phone is crap. Didn't they say there was another update coming; probably won't fix any of the issues I face.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:34 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

I decided to re-download Real Boxing in an attempt to quench a thirst for unarmed combat that can probably only be sated by going back to real-life fighting and MMA. But, no time, so I turn to my iPhone for escapism, displacement and transference

And I just don't get the hype and praised Real Boxing garnered back at release. I hope to have missed something, some hidden depth and polish that you fellas can enlighten me about.

Most of all, I cannot understand why there are no manual low jabs and hooks (conveniently activated in similar games by tapping and swiping the lower half of the screen). The way they are activated randomly makes the process feel less skill-based, and together with the automatic movement (though the gods of bloody battle know that I prefer that to tilt movement), the game starts to feel a little on-railish, and less precise.

I also miss directional dodging and weaving, and being able to block by tapping and holding with two fingers (a currently unused gesture that to me seems superior to a little button in every single way). Also, both blocks and dodges seem inprecise, perhaps a result of the automatic movement, which makes fighters sometimes miss without any conscious evasion or parrying, and possibly also makes them sometimes land blows in spite of dodges, since they seem to move just far enough to punch into the dodge.

All these factors result in a fighting game game that is actually, in terms of combat mechanics and tactical fight variety, less sophisticated than Fight Night Combat, EA's MMA, and possibly even Beast Boxing. Though I might be ostracized from the small but wildly passionate fighting game portion of the TA community for saying this, even Punch Hero has more options in combat, and in some ways therefore more fighting depth. (Though it might be suitable here to remember that Real Boxing is no IAP-ridden money grab, and is in every way but the actual fighting vastly and wildly superior ).

All these games utilize very similar controls for attacks and evasion, but since they all use the lower part of the screen for low hooks and jabs (or kicks, in the case of MMA), increasing the number of possibilities, manual attack patterns and tactical considerations, since some of these games have directional dodging for a little more sophistication in evasion, and since I find their block (and in some cases their evasive) mechanics and controls more intuitive (highly subjective, unlike the number of attack and dodge possibilities), I cannot help but feel that Real Boxing is simplified and even dumbed down, fighting-wise.

In all other regards, from career mode and progression mechanics to multiplayer to presentation, the game is absolutely triple-mobile-A. Perhaps I just get too hung up on the actual fighting. Well, escapism and transference, right?
Old 04-29-2013, 09:06 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Is there no way to turn your chracter(fighter) white? Im not racist, but ill delete the game if there isn't a way to do it.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:14 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Real Boxing 1.2 now available !

Just to let you guys know Real Boxing 1.2 iOS is out already with:

- New Rome Colosseum Arena
- Russian localisation
- Performance improvements
- Stability improvements

Enjoy the game and let us know what you think ! :-)

VG
Old 05-15-2013, 07:56 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
after hours of playing this game i can assume that after we finished the bronze level(career mode) and continue to silver, the opponents gets tougher and its impossible to beat them without buying the ability upgrade(coins or whatever the name is) from the store. am i right ? or i simply just that stupid to play this game?

@dev please reply because if it so then i dont want to waste my time playing this game collecting upgrades(that requires you to buy coins)
I beat this game going straight through each opponent for each tier. 1x Bronze 1x silver 10x gold. No iap were used either. My technique was concentrate on increasing damage after each training. I guess your technique just sucks in game. Dodging is important and so is blocking. On the other hand I see no improvements in this game. The response time is still just as bad as it was from the release of game. I'm using an iPhone 5 so I'm pretty sure my hardware is not outdated. Playing multiplayer is even worse. I have a fast Internet connection. My blocks and dodges are useless when there is delay. It feels dumb to continuously tap block and dodge repeatedly. I want to tap it when it's needed. When I tap it it's delayed..