Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-12-2012, 10:35 PM

Default Gangster Granny - (by Black Bullet Games)[Universal]

Old 07-12-2012, 10:44 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Thanks for the vid Sanuku, but from your opinion, is it worth 2.99? Also the controls seem little difficult especially when it gets hectic. Your thoughts?
Old 07-13-2012, 01:59 AM

Default Game Impressions

Gangster Granny worth this money. I am having a great time with this game. For me controls looks very easy...
Old 07-13-2012, 05:19 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
Thanks for the vid Sanuku, but from your opinion, is it worth 2.99? Also the controls seem little difficult especially when it gets hectic. Your thoughts?
I bought this app because I like to play shooters, but on iOS they all so scripted and linear. Fortunately this is an exception. All other games have swipe controls, but here you are continuously surrounded by enemies, so swiping would be a nightmare for your fingers. Instead there are joysticks like on Xbox controller, and when you get used to them, it's way more comfortable to use.
About price - this app is not one of half million 2d point-slide crap. It is 3d shooter, and still cheaper than big titles like Spider Man, Shadow Gun etc. And it's really fun to play
Old 07-13-2012, 06:24 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Strange but fun

I buy this game today and the simply fact to play granny is just awesome.
At the beginning it's hard to use the button but after ten minutes it's great.

You are a granny and you can kill lot of people. Who have never dream to her granny was a gangster in is young age?

Really great games i want to see what append next.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugimulm View Post
Yes the Controls need a little Tweaking. Overall I would have preferred to see a Virtual Joystick on the Left and the Shooting Option on the right. Still not a Major Flaw but the Developer should think about adding more Control Option to the Game.

It`s nice to see that the Game is having a Story since in the past I have seen a lot Developer that didn`t even care to add one to their Games. A Lite Version and a Sale for the Launch might had helped the Game to gain a bigger Audience for the Start since most of my Friends hadn`t even heard about the Game till I had mention it.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:47 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Yes the Controls need a little Tweaking. Overall I would have preferred to see a Virtual Joystick on the Left and the Shooting Option on the right. Still not a Major Flaw but the Developer should think about adding more Control Option to the Game.

It`s nice to see that the Game is having a Story since in the past I have seen a lot Developer that didn`t even care to add one to their Games. A Lite Version and a Sale for the Launch might had helped the Game to gain a bigger Audience for the Start since most of my Friends hadn`t even heard about the Game till I had mention it.
Thanks Sanuku! Still on the fence, but your insight as your videos are very helpful. Thanks again!
Old 07-13-2012, 09:50 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

If your on the fence about this game ...Price drop to $0.99
Old 07-13-2012, 10:07 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Hmmm, i would have bought this as the gameplay video does look decent, but 3 shill posts for this game puts me off so i'll avoid this. Cant be that great if it needs that many shill posts

And 'amazingly' 1 post Jef77 has given this game 5/5
Old 07-13-2012, 06:20 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post

Dear users!

We have spent a lot of time trying out different ways to control our character. The end result is as follows - left joystick is used to move forwards, backwards and strafe. Right horizontal joystick is used to rotate Granny.Also we have responsive auto-aiming, so you actually don't need to point your crosshair exactly on enemy. Whenever green/yellow/red arrow apears above enemy, you can shoot and will hit him. Small vertical joystick is there just to adjust crosshair if you want to aim at barrels or cars when needed. There is no seperate shooting button, because we thought that it would give more freedom for users and they could tap where it's comfortable for their hands and play style.
There is 1.1 update on the way, and tomorrow we are starting work on next update 1.2 and will do anything possible to make controls as easy as they can be. Probably we will get rid of vertical joystick at all.
Sorry for inconvenience!

Sincerely, Black Bullet Games