★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Mediocre AB
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 72.8 MB
  • Version: 1.1.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: FROM: MEDIOCRE, Apple design award winning lab behind mind altering experiments SMASH HIT and DOES NOT COMMUTE.

SUBJECT: Explore the microverse with top scientists from across the world using the revolutionary Beyondium engine.

Thanks to the Mediated intern opportunity colocation research (MEDIOCRE) laboratory, you have been given the exclusive opportunity to work with Beyondium, the latest in computerized quantum disentanglement technology. You have been granted unlimited and unsupervised access to the Beyondium mkII Quasi-Fibonacci de-unfocusing vectorscope terminal. Through phase-distorted intermodulation inference you will be able to manually disentangle and sort through the macroscopic existence of the microverse.

Press the appropriately labeled button below to claim your shot at the understated glamour of life as a lab technician (intern).
03-10-2016, 03:25 AM
I'm really liking the lofi look of DIRAC.
Is there a sort of story somewhere in the game or is it a score chaser?

Does not commute had nice story bits and I prefer story based games, but the look is really tempting.

03-10-2016, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post
I'm really liking the lofi look of DIRAC.
Is there a sort of story somewhere in the game or is it a score chaser?

Does not commute had nice story bits and I prefer story based games, but the look is really tempting.
Nah, it's just a high score chaser.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
03-10-2016, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Nah, it's just a high score chaser.
Thank you very much...still it's tempting
03-10-2016, 04:07 AM
I'll be buying this because it's by Mediocre + I'd like to pretend that I understood the app description.
03-10-2016, 04:26 AM
High-speed line drawing at its best. Interesting is, after a few plays I realized speed is not everything in this game... Beautiful presentation. I really suck at speed games, but I keep trying.

Now playing: Mekorama, Space Grunts, Patchwork, Knightmare Tower, Smash Hit, Open Bar!
Waiting for: Nyheim, Onirim

Last edited by abstractgamefreak; 03-10-2016 at 04:30 AM.
03-10-2016, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abstractgamefreak View Post
High-speed line drawing at its best. Interesting is, after a few plays I realized speed is not everything in this game... Beautiful presentation. I really suck at speed games, but I keep trying.
Like the old QIX ?

What do you exactly do in the game?
You have to circle the colored dots?
03-10-2016, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C83 View Post
I'll be buying this because it's by Mediocre + I'd like to pretend that I understood the app description.
I know right?! I got about half way through then just skimmed the rest. Makes no sense! Haha looks sweet though.
03-10-2016, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post
Like the old QIX ?

What do you exactly do in the game?
You have to circle the colored dots?
Oh yes, Qix. Hours spent on the gameboy back then.

And yes, I'm right with Andy C83 here, if it's Mediocre, it's instabuy for me.

You connect same-color dots. Lots of them, before they escape. Better, you encircle the central molecule or whatever it is. Still better you manage to encircle the "asteroids" which appear from the border on collision course with the central nucleus. Hope that helps. Feels like Collision Effect in reverse (a lame comparison, I know).

Now playing: Mekorama, Space Grunts, Patchwork, Knightmare Tower, Smash Hit, Open Bar!
Waiting for: Nyheim, Onirim

Last edited by abstractgamefreak; 03-10-2016 at 05:34 AM.
03-10-2016, 09:37 AM
I played this briefly this morning. Play the tutorial. Wonderful atmosphere 700 achievement points for those interested