Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-15-2012, 10:39 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

iCloud synced my unlocked modes over to my iPhone perfectly, so thanks for that! : ) Unfortunely syncing the puzzles is a bit more finicky. I've gone back and forth several times and the puzzles seem to sync very rarely. Is there any special method that works best to force it? I've tried staying in each app for a while and restarting them from the multitask bar but nothing helps too much...
Old 12-15-2012, 11:19 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Voted! Best of luck guys.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:17 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Thanks, everyone!

Still 3 days to go, in case anyone hasn't been able to vote yet!

http://www.slidedb.com/events/2012-a...op50#vote19501

Cheers!
Old 12-17-2012, 03:23 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdiss View Post
iCloud synced my unlocked modes over to my iPhone perfectly, so thanks for that! : ) Unfortunely syncing the puzzles is a bit more finicky. I've gone back and forth several times and the puzzles seem to sync very rarely. Is there any special method that works best to force it? I've tried staying in each app for a while and restarting them from the multitask bar but nothing helps too much...
Hmm, we'll check this out, thanks for reporting!

btw, do they not sync at all or does only unlocked status sync and solved doesn't? Or nothing syncs in puzzles?

Sorry and thanks!
Old 12-18-2012, 04:55 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Can anyone else try this and report - we cannot repeat this bug here, and would love more reports so we can analyse this problem more.

btw, do you have ANY problems with iCloud in other games or just Dream of Pixels?

Thanks!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:24 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnOfPlay View Post
Hmm, we'll check this out, thanks for reporting!

btw, do they not sync at all or does only unlocked status sync and solved doesn't? Or nothing syncs in puzzles?

Sorry and thanks!
Thanks for the reply! I've just noticed the "solved" status not syncing. More recently, the other day I did a bunch of puzzles on my phone in a row and later on my iPad only about half of those synced. I'll have to check again when i get home to see if the rest have synced yet. Hope that helps!

Time for more pixel dreaming... : )

Edit: just saw your other post! I've had a mixed experience with iCloud (like most people, I'd say). Some work flawlessly like (Wimp and Raymond Jungle Run) and others take many play sessions before they start working, if at all (like most Ravenous games, unfortunately..)

Last edited by sweetdiss; 12-18-2012 at 06:27 AM..
Old 12-18-2012, 06:39 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Thanks for the reply! I've just noticed the "solved" status not syncing. More recently, the other day I did a bunch of puzzles on my phone in a row and later on my iPad only about half of those synced. I'll have to check again when i get home to see if the rest have synced yet. Hope that helps!

Time for more pixel dreaming... : )

Edit: just saw your other post! I've had a mixed experience with iCloud (like most people, I'd say). Some work flawlessly like (Wimp and Raymond Jungle Run) and others take many play sessions before they start working, if at all (like most Ravenous games, unfortunately..)
Awesome that helps! Thanks!

Next question:

Do you by any chance have different Game Center accounts or are you using the same one on both of your devices?

Cheers!
Old 12-18-2012, 10:00 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnOfPlay View Post
Awesome that helps! Thanks!

Next question:

Do you by any chance have different Game Center accounts or are you using the same one on both of your devices?

Cheers!
Nope, same account on both! I just checked my iPad and the puzzles are all current again. It seems it just takes a while? My experience with iCloud is that the syncing gets better on certain apps the longer I use them, so that may be the case here as well and it might work perfectly from now on. Fingers crossed! : )

Now for more pressing issues: How on earth do you solve "Goldie"?! I've been stumped for days!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:10 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Nope, same account on both! I just checked my iPad and the puzzles are all current again. It seems it just takes a while? My experience with iCloud is that the syncing gets better on certain apps the longer I use them, so that may be the case here as well and it might work perfectly from now on. Fingers crossed! : )

Now for more pressing issues: How on earth do you solve "Goldie"?! I've been stumped for days!
Crossing!

Ok, sorry this is a bit late, not intentional, and you've probably solved it by now, but here is the animated solution:

http://img.dawnofplay.com/dop/ss/as....9-05EAD1E9B70C

(if you don't want too much of the solution, just close the browser tab, before the animation finishes, hehe)

hint: the trick is "only" in the last 5 tetrominos. When you have 5 left, stop and think for a bit - that worked for me - for the second time now.

Cheers!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:38 AM
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Game of the Year voting!

Is it possible for Dream of Pixels to get nominated for the Game of the Year on the

TA Forum's Pick for 2012 Game of the Year! (Nominate your favs by 3 Jan 2013):

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=166895

By crex's last count there's just 13 games with more votes then Dream of Pixels and 2 with the same number of votes! \o/

So GO, nominate your top 10 now, if you haven't yet!

And yeah, I know some of you nominated Dream of Pixels already and thanks a lot for that!

And, btw, Dream of Pixels is the 4th game of the year on SlideDB - so another THANK YOU, guys, for all the voting! Woohoo!

Here: http://www.slidedb.com/features/app-of-the-year-2012

Cheers!