Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #291  
Old 12-15-2012, 10:39 AM
sweetdiss sweetdiss is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,325
Default

iCloud synced my unlocked modes over to my iPhone perfectly, so thanks for that! : ) Unfortunely syncing the puzzles is a bit more finicky. I've gone back and forth several times and the puzzles seem to sync very rarely. Is there any special method that works best to force it? I've tried staying in each app for a while and restarting them from the multitask bar but nothing helps too much...
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 12-15-2012, 11:19 AM
Eoghann Eoghann is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,140
Default

Voted! Best of luck guys.
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 12-17-2012, 03:17 AM
DawnOfPlay's Avatar
DawnOfPlay DawnOfPlay is offline
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 356
Default

Thanks, everyone!

Still 3 days to go, in case anyone hasn't been able to vote yet!

http://www.slidedb.com/events/2012-a...op50#vote19501


Cheers!
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 12-17-2012, 03:23 AM
DawnOfPlay's Avatar
DawnOfPlay DawnOfPlay is offline
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdiss View Post
iCloud synced my unlocked modes over to my iPhone perfectly, so thanks for that! : ) Unfortunely syncing the puzzles is a bit more finicky. I've gone back and forth several times and the puzzles seem to sync very rarely. Is there any special method that works best to force it? I've tried staying in each app for a while and restarting them from the multitask bar but nothing helps too much...
Hmm, we'll check this out, thanks for reporting!

btw, do they not sync at all or does only unlocked status sync and solved doesn't? Or nothing syncs in puzzles?

Sorry and thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 12-18-2012, 04:55 AM
DawnOfPlay's Avatar
DawnOfPlay DawnOfPlay is offline
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdiss View Post
iCloud synced my unlocked modes over to my iPhone perfectly, so thanks for that! : ) Unfortunely syncing the puzzles is a bit more finicky. I've gone back and forth several times and the puzzles seem to sync very rarely. Is there any special method that works best to force it? I've tried staying in each app for a while and restarting them from the multitask bar but nothing helps too much...
Can anyone else try this and report - we cannot repeat this bug here, and would love more reports so we can analyse this problem more.

btw, do you have ANY problems with iCloud in other games or just Dream of Pixels?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 12-18-2012, 06:24 AM
sweetdiss sweetdiss is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnOfPlay View Post
Hmm, we'll check this out, thanks for reporting!

btw, do they not sync at all or does only unlocked status sync and solved doesn't? Or nothing syncs in puzzles?

Sorry and thanks!
Thanks for the reply! I've just noticed the "solved" status not syncing. More recently, the other day I did a bunch of puzzles on my phone in a row and later on my iPad only about half of those synced. I'll have to check again when i get home to see if the rest have synced yet. Hope that helps!

Time for more pixel dreaming... : )

Edit: just saw your other post! I've had a mixed experience with iCloud (like most people, I'd say). Some work flawlessly like (Wimp and Raymond Jungle Run) and others take many play sessions before they start working, if at all (like most Ravenous games, unfortunately..)

Last edited by sweetdiss; 12-18-2012 at 06:27 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 12-18-2012, 06:39 AM
DawnOfPlay's Avatar
DawnOfPlay DawnOfPlay is offline
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdiss View Post
Thanks for the reply! I've just noticed the "solved" status not syncing. More recently, the other day I did a bunch of puzzles on my phone in a row and later on my iPad only about half of those synced. I'll have to check again when i get home to see if the rest have synced yet. Hope that helps!

Time for more pixel dreaming... : )

Edit: just saw your other post! I've had a mixed experience with iCloud (like most people, I'd say). Some work flawlessly like (Wimp and Raymond Jungle Run) and others take many play sessions before they start working, if at all (like most Ravenous games, unfortunately..)
Awesome that helps! Thanks!

Next question:

Do you by any chance have different Game Center accounts or are you using the same one on both of your devices?


Cheers!
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 12-18-2012, 10:00 AM
sweetdiss sweetdiss is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnOfPlay View Post
Awesome that helps! Thanks!

Next question:

Do you by any chance have different Game Center accounts or are you using the same one on both of your devices?


Cheers!
Nope, same account on both! I just checked my iPad and the puzzles are all current again. It seems it just takes a while? My experience with iCloud is that the syncing gets better on certain apps the longer I use them, so that may be the case here as well and it might work perfectly from now on. Fingers crossed! : )

Now for more pressing issues: How on earth do you solve "Goldie"?! I've been stumped for days!
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 12-21-2012, 07:10 AM
DawnOfPlay's Avatar
DawnOfPlay DawnOfPlay is offline
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdiss View Post
Nope, same account on both! I just checked my iPad and the puzzles are all current again. It seems it just takes a while? My experience with iCloud is that the syncing gets better on certain apps the longer I use them, so that may be the case here as well and it might work perfectly from now on. Fingers crossed! : )

Now for more pressing issues: How on earth do you solve "Goldie"?! I've been stumped for days!
Crossing!

Ok, sorry this is a bit late, not intentional, and you've probably solved it by now, but here is the animated solution:

http://img.dawnofplay.com/dop/ss/as....9-05EAD1E9B70C

(if you don't want too much of the solution, just close the browser tab, before the animation finishes, hehe)

hint: the trick is "only" in the last 5 tetrominos. When you have 5 left, stop and think for a bit - that worked for me - for the second time now.

Cheers!
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old 01-02-2013, 04:38 AM
DawnOfPlay's Avatar
DawnOfPlay DawnOfPlay is offline
Developer
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 356
Default Game of the Year voting!

Is it possible for Dream of Pixels to get nominated for the Game of the Year on the

TA Forum's Pick for 2012 Game of the Year! (Nominate your favs by 3 Jan 2013):

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=166895

By crex's last count there's just 13 games with more votes then Dream of Pixels and 2 with the same number of votes! \o/

So GO, nominate your top 10 now, if you haven't yet!

And yeah, I know some of you nominated Dream of Pixels already and thanks a lot for that!


And, btw, Dream of Pixels is the 4th game of the year on SlideDB - so another THANK YOU, guys, for all the voting! Woohoo!

Here: http://www.slidedb.com/features/app-of-the-year-2012

Cheers!
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent