Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-16-2011, 04:29 AM

Default Overkill - FREE shooter with guns upgrading

COMING SOON UPDATE FEATURES:

- iPhone 4 Verizon Fix
- New awesome hardcore level

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

In the near future the world has collapsed. You have been hired as a mercenary to fight against the enemy. Be paid for everything you kill and destroy and buy new weapons or upgrade the current ones. 12 weapons (incl. AK-47, M4, SCAR, RPG) with upgradable Scopes, Stocks, Cartridges, Barrels and Frontmouths gives you over 100 combinations! Fight through 80 waves and 4 extra Hell waves in 4 locations. All of this for FREE on your iPad, iPhone 4 or older iDevice from Craneballs Studios!

GREAT GAME CENTER INTEGRATION
84 Achievements and 9 Leaderboards to keep you entertained

30 RANKS
Get promoted from Private to General

12 WEAPONS TO UPGRADE
Stocks, carts, scopes, frontmouths, barrels to upgrade = over one hundred combinations. Weapons include AK-47, M4, RPG, RG6, MP7, MAG, MG4, MSR, SCAR, MARV, HK 417…

80 WAVES
80 waves with 4 extra hell waves in 4 locations

PLENTY OF ENEMIES TO KILL
Different enemies to kill, heavy flying drones to destroy

OTHER FEATURES
• lots of blood, explosions and dust
• awesome high-definition graphics
• music and sound effect to suck you in
• upgrade your weapon the way you like, take a Snapshot and send it to your friends
• detailed Stats you measure your progress (kills, bullets shot, accuracy, etc)

MEDAL STORE AND OVERKILL MEDALS:
Overkill is FREE to download. Although some powerful weapons and upgrades are locked. That’s why we introduced Overkill Medals (OM). For OM you can get all the extra stuff that’s in game (weapons, upgrades, wallpapers,etc). There are several ways how to get OM:
• FREE using TAPJOY (download and run apps from Appstore)
• share Overkill with friend via e-mail or Facebook
• as In App Purchase
• and for every promotion you get 1 OM

Available in NZ:
http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/overkill/id421659813?mt=8

Last edited by craneballs; 03-28-2011 at 08:22 AM..
Old 03-16-2011, 04:42 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

can't wait!
Old 03-16-2011, 07:29 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Me to........lol
Old 03-16-2011, 07:41 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Will there be a iPhone version and is a M107 included?
Old 03-16-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therhino View Post
Will there be a iPhone version and is a M107 included?
It's an universal app with retina support.

No there is no M107 but we have MSR.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:00 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Can somebody please explain the In-App Purchase structure? Does the purchase unlock all of the content? Or, is the IAP the purchase of expendable points, meaning multiple purchases could be necessary to unlock all of the content?

I love Craneballs games. I hate expendable IAP's. So, I'm torn. There's certainly no harm in downloading to try it out, but I'm a hardcore completionist, so I hate feeling like I must buy a bunch of points to have all of the content.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Can somebody please explain the In-App Purchase structure? Does the purchase unlock all of the content? Or, is the IAP the purchase of expendable points, meaning multiple purchases could be necessary to unlock all of the content?

I love Craneballs games. I hate expendable IAP's. So, I'm torn. There's certainly no harm in downloading to try it out, but I'm a hardcore completionist, so I hate feeling like I must buy a bunch of points to have all of the content.
Hi,
I'm afraid you have to use to Freemium games... You'll se LOTS of them this year.

Anyway.

MEDAL STORE AND OVERKILL MEDALS:
Overkill is FREE to download. Although some powerful weapons and upgrades are locked. That’s why we introduced Overkill Medals (OM). For OM you can get all the extra stuff that’s in game (weapons, upgrades, wallpapers,etc). There are several ways how to get OM:
• FREE using TAPJOY (download and run apps from Appstore)
• share Overkill with friend via e-mail or Facebook
• as In App Purchase
• and for every promotion you get 1 OM

But, if you DON'T want to - you don't need to obtain any OM. You can finish most of the game with the free guns. But some later waves tends to be harder, so a powerful weapon would be better

And it's always fun to just play around with tuning and upgrading all guns in the Gun shop

You can still use Tapjoy to get FREE OM!

About your expendable points... you can unlock everything with just single IAP.

Hope we won't upset you much.

Last edited by craneballs; 03-16-2011 at 12:11 PM..
Old 03-16-2011, 01:14 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

If you use OM to buy everything, what is the cash for?
Old 03-16-2011, 01:29 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by craneballs View Post
Hi,
I'm afraid you have to use to Freemium games... You'll se LOTS of them this year.

Hope we won't upset you much.
I don't have anything against the freemium business model. It's just that, personally, I don't tend to play those games because of my compulsion to have absolutely everything for a game...even if I don't actually play the game. It's crazy, I know, but it would take all of my willpower to play a game and not buy tons of credits to be able to buy everything available. Plus, I like to feel that my investment in a game has entitled me to everything available in the game, and I just can't get that from a freemium game.

There have been exceptions. I've really enjoyed Shadow Era, but I was a hardcore Magic junkie. It has seriously taken every bit of willpower not to buy hundreds of dollars in credits for that game. There's just something about flipping over those cards...
Old 03-16-2011, 02:06 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
I don't have anything against the freemium business model. It's just that, personally, I don't tend to play those games because of my compulsion to have absolutely everything for a game...even if I don't actually play the game. It's crazy, I know, but it would take all of my willpower to play a game and not buy tons of credits to be able to buy everything available. Plus, I like to feel that my investment in a game has entitled me to everything available in the game, and I just can't get that from a freemium game.

There have been exceptions. I've really enjoyed Shadow Era, but I was a hardcore Magic junkie. It has seriously taken every bit of willpower not to buy hundreds of dollars in credits for that game. There's just something about flipping over those cards...
Don't worry Czar, you CAN buy things in the game with IAP but it isn't necessary.

I got a prerelease version so the IAP doesn't work and I've been able to play just fine. I even maxed out my HK 417.

The higher level weapons like the RG and MSR can only be unlocked through OM but that doesn't mean you can't get them. You get 1 (yes, only 1) OM per level up and craneballs added tapjoy so you can earn more OM buy downloading free apps. I was lucky and just happened to have Stardunk gold which gave me like 20 OM. As long as you only upgrade the starting weapons with your cash and don't use OM for things like unlocking the other stages early or getting the wallpapers you should be able to save up enough to get them for free, it will just take a while