Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-11-2012, 05:55 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Rhythm Rocket

Evenin' chaps!

I've just released my first game, Rhythm Rocket. It's free, and the gameplay is influenced by your own music. It runs on iPhone, iPad, and uses the whole iPhone 5 screen!

Please give it a try, any feedback would be greatly appreciated (as long as you're not too mean)!

Old 11-11-2012, 08:10 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Impressions after about 10 min of play

Wow this game looks great! The screenshots don't do it justice. Seeing the colors change reminds me of those music visualizer. Looks great. Also has an arcade look with scan lines and a cabinet feel. Def pick it up since its free. Pretty fun and looks amazing

To the developer.
Definitely could use scrolling through music rather then the tap to see the next screen. It takes way to look to pick a song this way.

I'd also say add something like when you die have a screen pop up that says something like, " you lost! But would you rather keep rocking out? Your score won't be added to the leader boards but you can still enjoy your music" that way we could finish listening to the song.

And for the scoring, I think it would make more sense and add more depth if you get points add up on both sides of your ship if you fly between rocks. Would give you more of a risk vs reward aspect to the game.

And one last thing I would love is maybe a demo mode where I can just use it as a music visualizer. That would be coo =]

Just some suggestions. Do you have any future plans for this game or is this completed and now your on to your next project? Would def like to keep up if you plan on updating it with future content. Do you have a website or twitter?

All in all I really enjoy this game and highly recommend any readers check it out. =]

Last edited by jamsie07; 11-11-2012 at 08:22 PM..
Old 11-11-2012, 11:19 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Wow! Finally, a unique game! Good job!
Old 11-12-2012, 05:08 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsie07 View Post
Impressions after about 10 min of play

Wow this game looks great! The screenshots don't do it justice. Seeing the colors change reminds me of those music visualizer. Looks great. Also has an arcade look with scan lines and a cabinet feel. Def pick it up since its free. Pretty fun and looks amazing

To the developer.
Definitely could use scrolling through music rather then the tap to see the next screen. It takes way to look to pick a song this way.

I'd also say add something like when you die have a screen pop up that says something like, " you lost! But would you rather keep rocking out? Your score won't be added to the leader boards but you can still enjoy your music" that way we could finish listening to the song.

And for the scoring, I think it would make more sense and add more depth if you get points add up on both sides of your ship if you fly between rocks. Would give you more of a risk vs reward aspect to the game.

And one last thing I would love is maybe a demo mode where I can just use it as a music visualizer. That would be coo =]

Just some suggestions. Do you have any future plans for this game or is this completed and now your on to your next project? Would def like to keep up if you plan on updating it with future content. Do you have a website or twitter?

All in all I really enjoy this game and highly recommend any readers check it out. =]
Thanks so much for the feedback!

I'd love to keep supporting the game but it's hard to find time alongside a full-time job, so I can't promise any quick additions... But I'll definitely look into your suggestions and see what I can manage!
Old 11-15-2012, 10:37 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

This game is great! It really deserves more attention. I consider it a current hidden gem. Controls are simple yet challenging, effective, and responsive. Gameplay and replay is endless due to the levels being generated by ones own music. It really has a quality feel to it. The "get close to objects without hitting them to score" works really really well for this. Man, but if you hit one of those objects, it really punishes your score. Also, when hitting a rock, it breaks up into smaller little rocks that continue to hit you. But that is not a complaint, I really like the difficulity.

The clean graphics are really nice. Sometimes the background eases into another color, but other times it changes color suddenly, I am not sure if that is by design or a bug. I thought that maybe the background colors could strobe or pulse to the music, that would be a nice addition to the overall effect.

I put this in the same category as audiosurf. And till that comes out for IOS, this is my to-go to game for flying through my music.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:58 AM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

This is actually really good and very polished, congrats!