★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

App problems specific to the 3GS?

06-22-2009, 08:38 PM
App problems specific to the 3GS?

I read somewhere that some of the issues that some apps have now are not necessarily caused by OS 3.0, but by some of the new hardware in the new 3GS.

I just bought a 16gb 3GS and i haven't had issues with a lot of apps, but there are some that seem to have some lag. It's like the framerate can't keep up with the new speed of the 3GS or something.

One example for me, is Beatrider. The notes come down the screen very shaky and quite slowly now, which was not a problem at all on my 2g phone. BTW, this could be a 3.0 compatibility issue with Beatrider, and they do have an update coming. I just hope the issues aren't 3GS specific.

Another game that i'm having big problems with is Real Tennis 09. The controls don't respond well at all now. The D-pad is so-so, but the swing/hit button barely responds now. It takes 2 or 3 tries to get it to respond while serving, and the same goes for returning the ball. This obviously makes the game completely unplayable, as you have to be quick to get to the ball and return it.(especially on Pro difficulty)

The Real Tennis control problem makes me think that it's specifically a 3GS issue because Gameloft claims that the game has been tested on 3.0, which i'm assuming means it works fine.

Does this mean we're going to have app updates specifically for the 3GS now?
06-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Most of it is 3.0 but haven't heard any 3GS specific problems though

Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
...I vink you fail good sir. I don't vink vat yo get ze jok.
Proud Member of SAB
SAB Intelligence Officer