Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-18-2012, 11:13 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Ravensburger's "Take It Easy" now available! [universal app]

We are happy to let you know, that today is the release of our iOS game "Take It Easy"! Take It Easy is the digital version of the classic board game "Take It Easy", the popular tile placement game which was nominated for “Game of the Year 1994”, for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.

Take It Easy is an addicting puzzle game which consists of a game board with 19 hexagonal shapes, to be filled one-by-one with tiles. Each tile has three crossing lines in different colours. The aim is to connect the opposite sides of the board with a continuous line in a single colour. You get points for doing that, depending on the colour of the line. Tiles are allocated at random. In single player mode you’re hunting for the high score. In multiplayer mode the winner is whoever scores the most points in the game after all the empty spaces have been filled.

Please find attached some screenshots and a video.

Some facts:
  • Based on the famous boardgame "Take It Easy" from Ravensburger
  • Release: October 18th, 2012
  • Universal app
  • Three entertaining and visually beautiful game modes:
    Classic Mode: introduces you to the game that started it all.
    Puzzle Mode:test your puzzle solving skills with 100 fun and well-designed
    puzzles.
    Progressive Mode: offers 30 stages of different challenges specifically
    designed for the iOS version. Conquer all stages before time runs out!
  • Local & online multiplayer: play head-to-head against a friend on iPhone/
    iPod touch, or up to four players on a single iPad! Or play online with friends
    around the world.
  • Game Center integration lets you compare high scores with your friends
    and players around the world. Will you be Number 1 on the leaderboard?
  • Over 40 different achievements: earn points to get that #1 rank and, along the way, win surprising rewards to customize your gameplay.
  • Full Retina support: includes stunning high-resolution graphics for the new
    iPad.
  • Localised into English, French, Spanish, Italien and German
  • Already over a million fans are enjoying the award winning board game!

Here is the latest trailer:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Echoseven; 10-23-2012 at 04:24 AM.. Reason: added appinfo and removed attachments
Old 10-18-2012, 11:35 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Kind of miffed that the version of Take It Easy that I have was removed from the AppStore and is not available to re download via iCloud, but I will say that I really enjoyed this game and play it online fairly frequently.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
Kind of miffed that the version of Take It Easy that I have was removed from the AppStore and is not available to re download via iCloud, but I will say that I really enjoyed this game and play it online fairly frequently.
Was wondering about that earlier, because I didn't realize it had been out previously. Did that version also have the puzzle mode?
Old 10-18-2012, 02:05 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

This is so not cool. It's not as though it is a different implementation than the version we bought. It is the exact same game sold to another publisher and if we want to play the "new polished edition" or get updates we need to buy an app we already own all over again.

From Zabu's Facebook Page:

Quote:
News flash! Ravensberger TO Publish Take It Easy! iOS App.

MFV.com (previously: Zabu Studio, Inc.) has reached an agreement with Ravensberger, the board game publisher of Take It Easy! in Europe, for them to be the publisher of Take It Easy iOS app. As a result, we will pull the current Zabu Studio branded version from the App Store tomorrow 10/11. A new polished edition of the game will be released by Ravensberger on Oct 18th in multiple languages.

Do not worry, the version you have already purchased should still be playable.

Last edited by Tango; 10-18-2012 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: Added Zabu Facebook link
Old 10-18-2012, 02:34 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Was wondering about that earlier, because I didn't realize it had been out previously. Did that version also have the puzzle mode?
Yup! Single player has Classic, Progressive, and Puzzle modes

Multiplayer has Classic and Puzzle modes available for local and online play

It's the same game as before but since Ravensburger is the publisher of the actual board game it only makes sense to buy the rights to a fantastic iOS implementation. (Zabu confirmed on Facebook that they made a deal)

I'm just sad that I won't be getting updates, I can't re download, and that the chances of finding online opponents is going to drop dramatically.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:00 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Sorry, that just sucks. In the grand scheme of things it's not important, but it sucks just the same.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:06 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
I'm just sad that I won't be getting updates, I can't re download, and that the chances of finding online opponents is going to drop dramatically.
My experience so far is that I can redownload anything, as long as I go to the purchase tab and then scroll through alphabetically. Searching for it won't work, but everything I've previously downloaded (except maybe iMAME and the easter-egg tethering apps) has been there.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:13 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoelectric View Post
My experience so far is that I can redownload anything, as long as I go to the purchase tab and then scroll through alphabetically. Searching for it won't work, but everything I've previously downloaded (except maybe iMAME and the easter-egg tethering apps) has been there.
It's supposed to be that if the developer intentionally pulls it you can redownload it, if apple pulls it it's gone forever. But my purchase list rarely loads and when it does it's too large to ever find what I need
Old 10-18-2012, 03:14 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Yeah. Not that worked up over it, just seems shady.

Using Dominion as an example, that guy built a fan made version then pulled it from the store when the wholly different official version came out. Totally understandable and was clear from the beginning. It sort of reminds me when Hothead pulled its own game (Kickin' Momma), reskinned it and put it up for sale again.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:26 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Yeah. Not that worked up over it, just seems shady.

Using Dominion as an example, that guy built a fan made version then pulled it from the store when the wholly different official version came out. Totally understandable and was clear from the beginning. It sort of reminds me when Hothead pulled its own game (Kickin' Momma), reskinned it and put it up for sale again.
Actually, there hasn't been an official Dominion app has there?