★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Horror Crunch

06-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Horror Crunch

itunes link

Play as Ash, accidental hero, which is found plunged in traditional horror movies. He will have to face the Mummy, Doctor Frankenstein… in some epic battles.

Match the heads of the monsters with their fetish objects and make a maximum of points in order to unlock the other universes and opponents available in the game.

Game Features :

- 3 levels with various monsters.
- Smart boss AI to increase the challenging level of the game
- Extremely easy game-play
- Fill in the energy combo gauge in order to stop your opponent fury.
- Brilliant graphics and music.
- Free mode, play without time limit.
- Auto saving records

06-22-2009, 10:19 PM
The icon has the word Lite so no thanks.

06-22-2009, 10:20 PM
yeah, i was wondering about that, myself, but i agree, bad mistake on the dev's part
06-23-2009, 11:11 PM
Sadly, it may not have been a mistake. Last time I banked on the word "Lite" being a mistake and gave the developer money for the game, it really did turn out to be a lite version of the product. Worse yet, I didn't actually like the game. Thankfully it was only 99 cents, but that still could have been money spent somewhere else.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
06-23-2009, 11:14 PM
A Lite version of any app that costs money deserves to get no sales and kicked from the store. There's a reason it's called LITE; does it cost money to try on shoes at a shoe store?
06-23-2009, 11:19 PM
Damn. I thought this was going to be about cereal.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
06-23-2009, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
A Lite version of any app that costs money deserves to get no sales and kicked from the store. There's a reason it's called LITE; does it cost money to try on shoes at a shoe store?
Remember Lite does not explicitly mean Demo. Apple doesn't allow the word "Demo" to be used, so "Lite" is the chosen substitute. That said, there are still legitimate reasons to charge for "Lite" apps. I was happy to pay for tChess Lite. It was a (get ready) LIGHT version of the full game. Read the description to be sure of what you're buying. Honest developers will make it clear that their "Lite" version is actually a demo.