★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

GameBone Pro - iPhone gaming controller announced...

06-22-2009, 10:22 PM
GameBone Pro - iPhone gaming controller announced...

Uggh, here comes the onslaught of cheap, poorly designed controllers from questionable manufacturers...

http://www.22moo.com.au/gamebonepro.html

(astrosaurus.com - My iPhone Games Blog)
(@astrosaurusblog - Twitter Account)
06-22-2009, 10:24 PM
pathetic

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius

06-22-2009, 10:28 PM
"Is that a bone in your pocket or are you just happy to see me"

"Actually it's my bluetooth enabled game controller"

Not cool

It might be useful if it came with video out cables. Plug your ipod touch to your tv and play games, movies, music, etc with the controller.
06-22-2009, 10:51 PM
craptastic - why no analog?

and how they hell am i supposed to use this on a train, or in car, waiting at a station, etc? i don't have 3 hands (yet) so how am i to hold the controller and the phone at the same time?

this is completely impractical, impossible to use anywhere except at home. pointless.

i also like their claim of ""made for iPod" and "works for iPhone" certification"**

**pending Apple aproval.

so its certified, except for the fact that it isn't.

Last edited by DrJ; 06-22-2009 at 10:58 PM.
06-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post
It might be useful if it came with video out cables. Plug your ipod touch to your tv and play games, movies, music, etc with the controller.
You can buy video out cables. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1454

It's not a bad idea. I just don't understand how you will map the controls for Eliss or Touchgrind or Sway or Ocarina or Zenbound or Rolando, etc to rigid and real buttons.
06-23-2009, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJ View Post
and how they hell am i supposed to use this on a train, or in car, waiting at a station, etc? i don't have 3 hands (yet) so how am i to hold the controller and the phone at the same time?

this is completely impractical, impossible to use anywhere except at home. pointless.
But see, that's where you're wrong. Once you get your GameBone Pro controller, you should also get the versatile, stylish, and extremely comfortable Argo video eyeware. That way you don't have to hold anything except the controller on the train. And you won't look ridiculous at all. And you know that you won't get a better quality product than from 22Moo.

http://www.22moo.com.au/products/argo-videoeyewear.htm

I'm not sure if you can actually play games through that thing though. The site is amusing though.
06-23-2009, 12:24 AM
And yet a lot of people will buy the controller because it's the first one on the market.

Beta Testing:FaceRace, Hook Champ
Beta Tested:Hybrid: Eternal Whisper, Townrs version 1.1, Zenonia, Koala darts, Quadrum Colors, and iSR.
Contact me to beta test your games!
06-23-2009, 12:25 AM
I should try jogging with those
06-23-2009, 02:16 AM
anyone gonna TOFTT?
i know im not
06-23-2009, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starjimstar View Post
You can buy video out cables. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1454

It's not a bad idea. I just don't understand how you will map the controls for Eliss or Touchgrind or Sway or Ocarina or Zenbound or Rolando, etc to rigid and real buttons.
I know you can get them I just think it would be a good idea to bundle them with the controller.

Also, is it possible for an external controller to emulate the device's accelerometer?

If so then a solid controller would mean that I wouldn't need an appletv anymore