App description: **** Over 5000 AppStore reviews rated 4.5/5 **** New 1.6 Update ****

THE DEFINITIVE HORROR GAME and the scariest game on the AppStore according to players arround the world. This game is only designed for touchscreens and inspired by the popular urban legend. Shocking over 8 Million worldwide. And if you are finished, you are ready for the official sequel. 'Slender Rising 2' is out now!

TouchArcade: "Inarguably the pinnacle of the mythos on iOS."

This is what players say:
"The best horror game ever!"
"The first 3 minutes...too scared to play it...."
"If you choose to get 1 horror game, MAKE IT THIS GAME!"
"I love this game. I'm too afraid to play at night!"
"I dropped my iPod and ran away."
"I wish I could give this more than 5 stars, it is so awesome!"

Day and night modes.
Investigate haunted places during the day and with a flashlight during the night. Additional nightivision and thunderstorm modes for extra shock value!

Easy controls.
Tap and Swipe to move your character. Multiple optional joystick control schemes.

Intense horror atmosphere.
Hear frightening sound effects and terrifying music.
Feel the fear as the enemy is coming closer and escape his deadly stare.

Endless suspense
Find as many of the mysterious signs as you can before the enemy takes you or find 7 signs to escape.

Unreal Engine powered graphics.
Special effects for newest Apple devices to create an even more intense atmosphere.

Good performance.
Even runs on older devices from iPhone 3GS upwards.

Use headphones when playing, ideally at night and alone! ;)
If you experience any issues with sound etc. please close all backgroud apps.

Credits: bit.ly/1lMyHSq

Hegi's comments:

While there have been many attempts at creating a Slenderman-Myth inspired game for iOS, this game is specifically designed for a touchscreen. As a fan of the legend, i just didn't want to make a cheap ripoff, but a unique interpretation designed for mobile devices.

Here is a gameplay trailer!

11-19-2012, 03:19 AM
Great game! As a Slenderman fan, this game actually surpasses the PC version! Looking forward to the update. The death animation is superb ^_^

Hope this game does well, so it can knock off all Slender ripoff games from the top paid list

Controls are pretty good, actually. I got used to them after my first playthrough (only got one sign). Still, it'll be nice to have the option of virtual controls.
11-19-2012, 07:31 AM
Game Impressions

Great update, but original PC version still wins

11-19-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blolass View Post
Great update, but original PC version still wins
I'm thinking that -hopefully- what could make this version win in the end is constant updates based on fan feedback. If the developer wants to put the effort in (and he's making enough money out of it) it'd be a really cool thing to see grow and expand into something bigger and better.
11-19-2012, 08:52 AM
Little Update:

The game will be renamed to "Watcher Rising", as i'am a bit concerned after reading this article. While people will recognize the inspiration, the enemy is now known as "The Watcher".

http://kotaku.com/5960579/valve-bloc...right-concerns
11-19-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegi View Post
Little Update:

The game will be renamed to "Watcher Rising", as i'am a bit concerned after reading this article. While people will recognize the inspiration, the enemy is now known as "The Watcher".

While that's rather unfortunate, it's better to be safe than sorry. "The Watcher" as an enemy name and "Watcher Rising" are both cool, to be honest.

That said...maybe a change in the character's appearance is due? I mean, sure...the influence would still be there, but instead of it being a game about Slenderman, the game will have its own identity now? I dunno. Just my mind wandering.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 11-19-2012 at 09:28 AM.
11-19-2012, 09:26 AM
It might be worth trying to contact the appropriate people and asking if they'll let you use the name. I've heard they're not too strict and quite like the word of Slender Man spreading in creative ways.
11-19-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
It might be worth trying to contact the appropriate people and asking if they'll let you use the name. I've heard they're not too strict and quite like the word of Slender Man spreading in creative ways.
There is an option holder to the property who apparently is not so friendly as the original creators, according the guy who is developing the Faceless game.
There are alot of Slenderman games in iTunes who would face similar issues, but i want to be one the safe side and having a more unique name for the character is nice too. The appearance is different enough, as he has a distorted face ingame and a red tie.
11-19-2012, 01:47 PM
I downloaded another Slender Man today called Slender Man Haunted Town for comparison purposes. It had two sticks for controls and wasn't a patch on this little beauty. Not fussed by the name change. Good luck with it all and looking forward to the update.
11-19-2012, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer4325 View Post
Just what I was wondering...but it looks good.
In the original myths about the Slender Man, it says how all his limbs are incredibly long and slender, occasionally seen with tendrils and tentacles coming from his back. Spooky stuff :P
11-19-2012, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegi View Post
Little Update:

Please don't do that until you are first contacted by someone who has rights to the meme - once you change the name I guarantee your game will drop off sales very fast, the slender name is hot right now, while your game is great, the name alone is what got people to take a look.