Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-19-2012, 03:19 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Great game! As a Slenderman fan, this game actually surpasses the PC version! Looking forward to the update. The death animation is superb ^_^

Hope this game does well, so it can knock off all Slender ripoff games from the top paid list

Controls are pretty good, actually. I got used to them after my first playthrough (only got one sign). Still, it'll be nice to have the option of virtual controls.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:31 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Great update, but original PC version still wins
Old 11-19-2012, 07:38 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by blolass View Post
Great update, but original PC version still wins
I'm thinking that -hopefully- what could make this version win in the end is constant updates based on fan feedback. If the developer wants to put the effort in (and he's making enough money out of it) it'd be a really cool thing to see grow and expand into something bigger and better.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:52 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Little Update:

The game will be renamed to "Watcher Rising", as i'am a bit concerned after reading this article. While people will recognize the inspiration, the enemy is now known as "The Watcher".

http://kotaku.com/5960579/valve-bloc...right-concerns
Old 11-19-2012, 09:16 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegi View Post
Little Update:

The game will be renamed to "Watcher Rising", as i'am a bit concerned after reading this article. While people will recognize the inspiration, the enemy is now known as "The Watcher".

While that's rather unfortunate, it's better to be safe than sorry. "The Watcher" as an enemy name and "Watcher Rising" are both cool, to be honest.

That said...maybe a change in the character's appearance is due? I mean, sure...the influence would still be there, but instead of it being a game about Slenderman, the game will have its own identity now? I dunno. Just my mind wandering.

Last edited by metalcasket; 11-19-2012 at 09:28 AM..
Old 11-19-2012, 09:26 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

It might be worth trying to contact the appropriate people and asking if they'll let you use the name. I've heard they're not too strict and quite like the word of Slender Man spreading in creative ways.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:41 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
It might be worth trying to contact the appropriate people and asking if they'll let you use the name. I've heard they're not too strict and quite like the word of Slender Man spreading in creative ways.
There is an option holder to the property who apparently is not so friendly as the original creators, according the guy who is developing the Faceless game.
There are alot of Slenderman games in iTunes who would face similar issues, but i want to be one the safe side and having a more unique name for the character is nice too. The appearance is different enough, as he has a distorted face ingame and a red tie.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:47 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

I downloaded another Slender Man today called Slender Man Haunted Town for comparison purposes. It had two sticks for controls and wasn't a patch on this little beauty. Not fussed by the name change. Good luck with it all and looking forward to the update.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer4325 View Post
Just what I was wondering...but it looks good.
In the original myths about the Slender Man, it says how all his limbs are incredibly long and slender, occasionally seen with tendrils and tentacles coming from his back. Spooky stuff :P
Old 11-19-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegi View Post
Little Update:

Please don't do that until you are first contacted by someone who has rights to the meme - once you change the name I guarantee your game will drop off sales very fast, the slender name is hot right now, while your game is great, the name alone is what got people to take a look.