★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Never played one of the Slender games -- also knowing that the iOS versions prior to this all sounded like they sucked. But I downloaded the PC version to see what all the fuss is about and whether I'd like this version.

Unfortunately, it keeps freezing on my PC (and my computer's not great but think it should be able to run it).

Hmmmm...might still think about grabbing this version....

Last edited by awp69; 11-18-2012 at 07:04 PM.
11-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpman252 View Post
I personally like the static as is, so I wouldn't change it too much. Like you said, it's creepy knowing he's there but not where.
I'll give you a clue. Behind you. There's not that much of a guessing game going on

11-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
All of them? Yes, I even managed to slog through "The Room..."

If you didn't think the "Radio/Flashlight" dynamic added tension, we'll just have to agree to disagree...

I guess if I had only played the last 2 or maybe 3, I would agree on the "more of a psychological scare" part, but having played all of them since the first, yeah, definitely some tension building in there...

DBC
Yeah I've played thru all with the exception of Shattered Memories
11-19-2012, 03:19 AM
Great game! As a Slenderman fan, this game actually surpasses the PC version! Looking forward to the update. The death animation is superb ^_^

Hope this game does well, so it can knock off all Slender ripoff games from the top paid list

Controls are pretty good, actually. I got used to them after my first playthrough (only got one sign). Still, it'll be nice to have the option of virtual controls.
11-19-2012, 07:31 AM
Game Impressions

Great update, but original PC version still wins
11-19-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blolass View Post
Great update, but original PC version still wins
I'm thinking that -hopefully- what could make this version win in the end is constant updates based on fan feedback. If the developer wants to put the effort in (and he's making enough money out of it) it'd be a really cool thing to see grow and expand into something bigger and better.
11-19-2012, 08:52 AM
Little Update:

The game will be renamed to "Watcher Rising", as i'am a bit concerned after reading this article. While people will recognize the inspiration, the enemy is now known as "The Watcher".

http://kotaku.com/5960579/valve-bloc...right-concerns
11-19-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegi View Post
Little Update:

The game will be renamed to "Watcher Rising", as i'am a bit concerned after reading this article. While people will recognize the inspiration, the enemy is now known as "The Watcher".

http://kotaku.com/5960579/valve-bloc...right-concerns
While that's rather unfortunate, it's better to be safe than sorry. "The Watcher" as an enemy name and "Watcher Rising" are both cool, to be honest.

That said...maybe a change in the character's appearance is due? I mean, sure...the influence would still be there, but instead of it being a game about Slenderman, the game will have its own identity now? I dunno. Just my mind wandering.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 11-19-2012 at 09:28 AM.
11-19-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
While that's rather unfortunate, it's better to be safe than sorry. "The Watcher" is pretty cool, to be honest.
Wow trailer is creepy add that game to iTunes.
11-19-2012, 09:26 AM
It might be worth trying to contact the appropriate people and asking if they'll let you use the name. I've heard they're not too strict and quite like the word of Slender Man spreading in creative ways.