★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
01-26-2013, 01:37 PM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 71
The update is making good progress, the forest level is huge and will feature caves, several wood cabins you can enter and LOTS of trees.

The new mode will be thunderstorm/rain, it's damn creepy when the lighting flashes and you see Slenderman pop up for a second, then you turn around...nothing...turn around again...there he is.

There will also be a small, but significant mechanic change. Currently if you look at him from a distance, you can easily escape his stare, but he will teleport like crazy. In update 4 he will instantly kill you if you look at him for too long from a distance, but won't teleport so much. The swipe-to-escape will now only happen when you get jump-scared.

Still not sure when the update will be ready, i guess when i'am happy with it. Slender Rising continues to be a worldwide success and i want to say thanks again to all players.
01-26-2013, 01:44 PM
Wow - just looked at it's chart position in the UK. Well done.

01-26-2013, 04:02 PM
I love this game. I feel like a Slender Rising hipster because whenever I see people around me playing the game, I wanna just walk up to them and be like "I played Slender Rising before it was popular!" haha

I wish there weren't hackers on the leaderboards that have like

957,375,841,495,736 signs found -.-
01-27-2013, 03:04 AM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 218
omg, cant wait
01-27-2013, 07:16 PM
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 961
What's the difference between the normal and free version? I tried the free version and my only real beef was that I'd prefer to move with a v-stick and look around with the rest of the screen rather than tap-moving. Does the normal version have more control options?
01-27-2013, 07:19 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: The rainbow-fuelled nightmare of my mind
Posts: 2,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by smegly View Post
What's the difference between the normal and free version? I tried the free version and my only real beef was that I'd prefer to move with a v-stick and look around with the rest of the screen rather than tap-moving. Does the normal version have more control options?
The normal version has v-stick to move and swiping to look around.....and more control options....and more times of day....and more maps....and more game modes. You should buy it
01-27-2013, 07:33 PM
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggy110 View Post
The normal version has v-stick to move and swiping to look around.....and more control options....and more times of day....and more maps....and more game modes. You should buy it
I will buy it then. Again, that was my only gripe. The rest of what I encountered was excellent.
01-27-2013, 09:52 PM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 71
All control options are available in the free version aswell. But otherwise it's more of a teaser. The options are currently only accessible from the main menu. In update 4, help and options can also be accessed from the pause menu to change controls etc. ingame.
01-27-2013, 11:16 PM
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegi View Post
All control options are available in the free version aswell. But otherwise it's more of a teaser. The options are currently only accessible from the main menu. In update 4, help and options can also be accessed from the pause menu to change controls etc. ingame.
Well, I'm glad I bought the game either way.
01-28-2013, 02:39 AM
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 218
Hey Hegi, did you think about reskin move/view pad in red sign stile, something like that in slender rising title in main menu? And eye moves from center as you walk. I think it would be nice add