★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: 3d Super Sniper 2 is out!! ($.99)

06-22-2009, 11:34 PM
3d Super Sniper 2 is out!! ($.99)

Super Sniper 2
SPECIAL LAUNCH PRICE 75% OFF !

The sequel to the SMASH HIT Super Sniper is finally here and it's incredible.

We listened to our thousands of Super Sniper: War on Terror fans and have made this sequel knowing exactly what Sniper game fans want in the ultimate Sniper Game.

The action now takes place in glorious 3D and features the latest version of our groundbreaking Touch 'n' Tilt controls,
allowing players to play EXACTLY as they like!

Back from your last mission to take out the Somali pirates, you find your city once again under seige by crazed terrorists.
This time however it isn't a small sleeper cell, but an entire army of AK wielding madmen.

Their M.O. is take over buildings forcing the inhabitants to flee onto the streets, they then pick them off one by one from their vantage points. These guys are pure evil.

You are the Super Sniper. The best there is, and you have been flown into the city with one goal. Take out these bastards and save as many civilians as you can.

Doesn't sound too hard right? WRONG, these terrorists mean business and have acquired military grade armored helicopters, vast amounts of C4 explosive, and have highly trained bomb makers and operatives. They also have an almost unlimited supply of suicide bombers willing to die for "the cause".

Good luck soldier. You're gonna need it......

FEATURES:

WORLDWIDE All Time and Monthly Leaderboards for all control modes.

Story Mode that ups the ante with each new mission.

Incredible 3D City Zones

Amazing Movie Quality sound effects and music.

Realistic Blood splatter bullet effects

Building destruction on a MASSIVE scale.

Window snipers

Rooftop snipers

Bomb planters

Bombs

Choppers

Repelling Terrorists re-taking cleared buildings

Civilians running for their lives on the street as snipers pick them off one by one...

AND MORE!

THIS is the SNIPER game you have been waiting for, and to celebrate its launch we are offering it 75% off it's normal price!

This price is only for 48 hours after launch so get it now!

http://toucharcade.com/link/http://p...320096973&mt=8

06-22-2009, 11:47 PM
Check out that terrorist getting his head blown off in screen 3. Idk I might TOFTT on this.

06-23-2009, 11:10 PM
Ok I TOFTT. Super Sniper 2 tries to be fun, and in some ways it succeeds, but much of the fun is shadowed and drowned out by unresponsive controls, and slow accelerometer or drag directional movement. Yes, the game has 2 options for controls- accelerometer or touch(and drag) to aim. The problem is moving your scoped rifle around is a tad too slow no matter which you choose. It almost gives you the impression that you are playing in slow motion to a certain extent. That is my biggest issue with the game. The movement speed being slow is even more of a bummer considering the game does have a good action feel to it. The presentation of the game is actually pretty good. Each mission the game switches things up a bit story wise, but in the end its the same "shoot the terrorists to complete the level" repetition. Graphics - Scenery is good but character graphics are not impressive.
Final take on the game - If you own or have played the first Super Sniper, you may just want to stick with that one because the second one doesn't offer an extreme lot in terms of improvement as a sequel. The game is $.99 right now, and I suppse its worth it, but if this game goes higher than a buck then I say save your money. Score 6.8/10
06-23-2009, 11:17 PM
You own this thread.

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper
07-09-2009, 01:17 PM
you can change the speed of the controls using the tilt sensitivity on the options page.
07-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swuth View Post
you can change the speed of the controls using the tilt sensitivity on the options page.
Are you the developer?

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
07-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Ha, yeah that third screen made me cackle out loud.

(astrosaurus.com - My iPhone Games Blog)
(@astrosaurusblog - Twitter Account)
07-09-2009, 08:56 PM
you should give out a promo code or two
07-09-2009, 08:59 PM
The name of the game has been changed from 3d Super Sniper 2(at release) to Arcade Super Sniper 2.
07-10-2009, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swuth View Post
I just tried it out again using the adjustment. Works a little bit better, but not much. I wish the player could adjust the amount the screen moves with the touch option controls, still too slow. The AI could use some adjustment too.
The game is ok I guess, but there's still a lot of stuff missing that prevent it from being anything real special. Okay for a buck.