App description: Take control of a 40 foot robot killing machine!

Rampage through the streets as Stomper, a highly weaponised mech walker robot.

Destroy endless waves of puny enemies with stunning graphics and cinematic music and sfx.

How far can you stomp along the futuristic city streets, and how long can you survive?

Become a 4 star general by unlocking all achievements.

Accelerometer tilt control for movement and touch screen firing. Shooting tiny enemies has never been so much fun!

Cycle between machine guns and rocket launchers to wreak havoc on the advancing army, but be careful not to let your guns overheat.

metalcasket's comments:

08-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Looks cool. Any impressions yet? Indie games like this is why I love the App Store

08-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Will there be little RoboCops to step on?

Can't hug every cat.
08-12-2013, 12:45 PM
Wow... this looks good. About time we get a decent Mech game... I hope it's good.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-12-2013, 12:52 PM
True. No good Mech games in the AppStore. It' d be nice if this filled the void.

Anticipating:"Death Road to Canada", "Implosion", "Don Paccin","Space Noir", "Zed", "Rex Rocket", "Supermassive", "Sproggiwood", "Arecibo Man", "Gekido", "Trail by Viking, "Crashlands", "Eisenhorn", "The Soul".
08-12-2013, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggavelli View Post
True. No good Mech games in the AppStore. It' d be nice if this filled the void.
Well, there's the NOVA 3 mech ride sequence which i thought needs to be its own game.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Out in PH. Downloading now.

08-12-2013, 01:13 PM
We'll be awaiting your impressions
08-12-2013, 01:14 PM
It's basically of a high-scoring mini-game-ish type. Tilt to move left or right, touch on the screen to move your crosshair and fire (crosshair will always be a little to the right of the spot where you touch), and there's a switch weapon button.

There's only 2 weapon types, Missile and Machine Gun. Guns overheat, and Missiles are on cooldown in between shots.

Has achievements, but no Game Center.

I guess it's a decent high-scoring game, but the lack of Game Center hurts it a bit. Oh, and no device auto-rotate. GUI also needs a lot of work. :P

Animation when moving looks silly coz your mech's body is like floating through the air while the legs do everything. Nice how the mech turns when strafing through.

It's decent, but it wont scratch that "iOS-mech-game-itch."

08-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Well, there's the NOVA 3 mech ride sequence which i thought needs to be its own game.
Agree, it's pretty good (just to short).

Anticipating:"Death Road to Canada", "Implosion", "Don Paccin","Space Noir", "Zed", "Rex Rocket", "Supermassive", "Sproggiwood", "Arecibo Man", "Gekido", "Trail by Viking, "Crashlands", "Eisenhorn", "The Soul".