★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Asterock - (space shooter 99c!! )

06-23-2009, 03:17 AM
Asterock - (space shooter 99c!! )

For the space shooter crowd, I'd say this could be the new hotness. A lot of us tire of any game after a few weeks. I still play nano fighters though.

It's a thrust propulsion shooter, there are many power-ups floating about to give you better weaponry. You can plant unlimited bombs (one at a time). You touch to move, tap to shoot, two finger touch to plant a bomb.

The selling point for me, is the many different game modes, so far i've played 4 modes. Each offers something slightly different -no power ups, "solar wind" everything is flying around quickly, one hit death, etc.
So its a lot of fun for high score junkies

Also, after you die there is a 'retry' option, which i find makes a game more enjoyable and replayable too...small but important

ASTEROCK

Quote:
Asterock! Have you heard? It's the spaciest, explodiest and most exhilarating game of blowing up asteroids, UFO's and awesome bosses that's been seen yet on the iPhone™.

Fight your way through over 15 fast-paced levels, each in a unique area of real-life space (level backgrounds courtesy of NASA).

Pursue and destroy the many different enemies Asterock offers, and create chaos among them with six wicked weapons. The colossal bosses will do their best to confuse and infuriate you. It will be up to you to put an end to their devious tricks.

Play through the 3 difficulty modes to gain access to the 12 challenge modes that will provide a real test to those who desire it. At the same time, inch closer each play-through to beating your highest score, which is saved for all difficulties and challenges.

Asterock! Download today at its super low price and experience the rock!

Currently Playing::Meteor Blitz, EW Jim, Boost 3D, COD: Zombies, Eliminate::

Last edited by Veratek; 06-23-2009 at 03:25 AM.
06-23-2009, 03:18 AM
That looks nice. The link is broken for me though

06-23-2009, 03:21 AM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
iTunes Link

Appshopper Link

This is a mebbe.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.
06-23-2009, 03:25 AM
Description says it's the spaciest and explodiest. Pretty boastful claims. I hope the game can live up to that.
06-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Does it separately track your best score in each of the 12 challenges (or are these more of a pass/fail thing)?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Send a message via AIM to Sep102
Hey, one of Asterock's dev's here. Just wanted to say thanks for the interest in our game!

We put quite a bit of effort into the development and think it turned out extremely well, so we're happy to see some people having fun with it.

Feel free to pose any questions that you may have about the game and I'll be happy to answer them readily!

Last edited by Sep102; 06-23-2009 at 01:39 PM.
06-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Send a message via AIM to Sep102
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Does it separately track your best score in each of the 12 challenges (or are these more of a pass/fail thing)?
Yes, it separately tracks your best score in each challenge regardless of whether the challenge is too much to finish at the moment.
06-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sep102 View Post
Yes, it separately tracks your best score in each challenge regardless of whether the challenge is too much to finish at the moment.
So the challenges can be beaten or are infinitely ramping? I really like the concept of them simply going on as long as you can take it.

Regardless, damn fine addition to the space shooter family! Screenshots don't it justice as the in game animation in action is so silky smooth.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-23-2009, 02:43 PM
looks fun but no background music?