★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Tunepad -> Free

11-17-2012, 11:55 PM
Tunepad -> Free

Haven't tried it yet, but I doubt I'm the only one here who wants to give this a shot.

11-18-2012, 12:10 AM
This is not an original idea by any means. There has been apps like this for a while, but in any case I will get it, and thank you for the share my friend.

11-18-2012, 12:11 AM
Looks interesting. Has saving and is tiny on the download. I'll give it a try.
11-18-2012, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by repapermunky View Post
This is not an original idea by any means. There has been apps like this for a while, but in any case I will get it, and thank you for the share my friend.
Yeah, I know. In the same vein (tonal audio loop generators which use tap sequencing) I recommend Sound Prism (or SoundPrism, without the space). Should be free. SoundPrism Pro is also good (paid app), as is Noteplex (paid). And yeah, there are plenty more. Still, with so much utter garbage in the music category, I grab EVERYTHING I find (that isn't lite).

There are only a few that I never delete from my iphone, though...Midi Studio Pro, Touchjam (over a gig with dl'ed soundbanks), Hexaphone, Sunrizer XS synth, Nanostudio, Midisynth EPS (I think that's the name), and Reactable Mobile. I keep an iap-filled Tabletop (think that's the name) on my gf's Ipad.

My roots as a musician go back to being a bass guitarist in a band that had to record to DAT tape in a studio, with an engineer handling mixing; ultimately pressing vinyl and and paying for packaging, labels, sleeves, etc; the idea of recording and composing on a PHONE just makes my mouth water at the possibilities that didn't used to exist. I mean, recordable CD-roms cost more than a vinyl run back then, and plugging into a PC just wasn't possible, at least without a ginormous budget.

Last edited by Greyskull; 11-18-2012 at 01:17 AM.
11-18-2012, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
My roots as a musician go back to being a bass guitarist in a band that had to record to DAT tape in a studio, with an engineer handling mixing; ultimately pressing vinyl and and paying for packaging, labels, sleeves, etc; the idea of recording and composing on a PHONE just makes my mouth water at the possibilities that didn't used to exist. I mean, recordable CD-roms cost more than a vinyl run back then, and plugging into a PC just wasn't possible, at least without a ginormous budget.
Era when bands made home made zines?

Apple: Iphone 4S - os 8.2/ Ipod touch 4G - os 6.1/ Ipad 2 - os 5.0.1
Android: LG G2 - os 4.2.2 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G - os 4.4.2
11-18-2012, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzwen View Post
Era when bands made home made zines?
Not bands, the scene did though. We were reviewed in Maximum Rock N Roll, if you've ever heard of it.
11-18-2012, 04:11 AM
11-18-2012, 07:01 AM
Greyskull - Informing musicians of Toucharcade of great sales on music apps since 2012

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
11-18-2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Not bands, the scene did though. We were reviewed in Maximum Rock N Roll, if you've ever heard of it.
I know MMR. What was your band called?
11-18-2012, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Bass RULES!!

We used a Teac, 4 track reel to reel for mixing. Never good enough for studio, just local stuff. I still have, and play my Guild Starfire I (with original Hagstrom pickup). Prefer my Ernie Ball Sterling though. Guild has horrible neck dive.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer