★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

BeatRider and OS 3.0 questions

06-23-2009, 04:12 AM
Send a message via AIM to KindredSpirit Send a message via Skype™ to KindredSpirit
BeatRider and OS 3.0 questions

BeatRider's current service is that you upload your own mp3 songs to their server, they convert it for the game, and then you download it. I was very disappointed to learn that even with the 3.0 update, there weren't plans to implement using your itunes library instead of uploading, as 3.0 allows. Anybody have any info on this?

iMafia = kindred --- Mafia live! code is 538040331
iMob code 100343740
>Life is like a box of terrible analogies<
06-23-2009, 05:01 AM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
OS 3.0 does not allow for actual access to and reading your iPod library. It allows only for playing the music through the app. So, it's impossible in any way but in it's current form. So we're shit outta luck.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.

06-24-2009, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skamando View Post
OS 3.0 does not allow for actual access to and reading your iPod library. It allows only for playing the music through the app. So, it's impossible in any way but in it's current form. So we're shit outta luck.
I guess if you say it that way. It's not THAT inconvenient in my opinion. The expiry thing is annoying though.
06-24-2009, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camzy View Post
I guess if you say it that way. It's not THAT inconvenient in my opinion. The expiry thing is annoying though.
No I'm not complaining I don't mind it all that much. but apparently this guy does.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.
06-24-2009, 01:03 AM
there needs to be an option for the people without wifi
06-24-2009, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retean View Post
there needs to be an option for the people without wifi
Impossible. Sorry.

06-24-2009, 01:10 AM
i didnt say it was possible...but there still needs to be an option for people without wifi
06-24-2009, 02:03 AM
People without WiFi shouldn't have an iPhone/iPod Touch. You can't do basically 3/4 of the things you could do with WiFi. And, BeatRider allows you to play when you're offline provided that you have already downloaded the songs.

Currently Playing: Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer, Summoner Wars

Game Center: Camzeee
06-24-2009, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camzy View Post
People without WiFi shouldn't have an iPhone/iPod Touch. You can't do basically 3/4 of the things you could do with WiFi. And, BeatRider allows you to play when you're offline provided that you have already downloaded the songs.
agreed +1

"I have nothing to say, and I'm saying it" - John Cage
Plus+ ID= Maythius

Game Center: Maythius
06-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Ya regardless of the numerous people who bought ipods touchs to play music or videos lol. I can play games just fine without wifi and im not nerdy enough to care about online leaderboards or clans or whatever you guys are into now a days....I make music....i thought it would be cool to be able to play beatrider using my own music. Cant do it without wifi and im not nerdy enough to buy wifi just to connect my ipod to it.