★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Like playing challenging word games? Scramble Your Friends is a turn based app that lets you challenge your friends to a new kind of word game! Dominate your friends by creating killer words while exercising your brain!

HOW TO PLAY:

You are given a board of letters. Try to make a word by tapping or swiping adjacent letters. You will gain a score based on the letters you use, how many letters you have used, and any modifiers associated with those letters.

Once you are done creating a word, you get to replace the letters that you have used with new letters. This gives you the strategic opportunity to create a board that makes it harder for your opponent to make a word!

Items

Use items to make that killer high scoring word! The game allows you to use three items to help you make a word:

Swap
Swap any two letters on the board

Shuffle
Shuffle all of the letters on the current board

Add multiplier
Add an additional multiplier to the board (Double word, Triple word, Plus Eight and Plus Twelve)

No Login Required
You dont have to provide an email address or password. As soon as you begin the game we immediately create an account for you to start playing against your friends!

Random Play
Tired of beating your friends over and over again? Challenge a random player to a game!

Facebook Integration
Immediately see all of your friends who are also playing Scramble Your Friends and challenge them to a game! Invite your friends who dont have the game yet!

3 Day Rule
Tired of waiting days for an opponent to make a move? If your opponent doesnt respond within three days, you can end the game and claim victory!

Upgrade Scramble Your Friends today!
No ads
Can play up to 20 games simultaneously instead of 10

hassaanm's comments:
Hey guys,

Check out Scramble Your Friends! for iOS! It is a turn based word game, so it is very similar to Words With Friends and Hanging With Friends.

11-20-2011, 11:40 PM
Looks alright, but I'm not confident it'll have a community since there's really no marketing push for this game like there is with the other "with friends" games. I'll wait for it to drop to a buck before I risk it.

11-21-2011, 03:40 AM
Paid version

[deleted]

Last edited by Graphite Fusion; 11-21-2011 at 11:03 PM.
11-21-2011, 08:20 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Free version

Sorry! I've set it to the free link now.

Last edited by hassaanm; 11-21-2011 at 08:02 PM.
11-21-2011, 07:12 PM
It looks cool. Good set of features (chat and statistics) and a well designed UI.

I started 2 random games so let’s see how it plays.

One thing this kind of game needs is to use the iOS GameCenter. It’d be a lot easier for us to have only one username for all games as well as to find our friends to play.

I hope one day Apple makes GameCenter mandatory.

By the way, my ID in this game is CarlosSz.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
11-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Awesome! I'll start a game with you!
11-21-2011, 08:55 PM
For anyone who is interested in the ad free version, if you send me a private message I would be glad to give you a promo code!
11-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Game Impressions

One of the best turn based word game

If I had to say something not good about this game that would be the lack of GameCenter integration and the simple notification (that only tells you have a move).

However, the game network system works perfectly and game after game it made me forget about GC (not completely of course).

And there are more good features in this game:

- The free version is very playable that meaning the ads does not get in the way like e.g. Words With Friends

- There are some power-ups that you can buy using game coins: the game itself gives you plenty of them and the IAP is 100% optional (more than any game Ive seen)

- the turns are fast and, as mentioned, you can use power-ups along with placing tiles to make your friend's turn harder, although you can make the game place them for you

- there are statistics and game history so you can check what happened

- after 3 days or so you can finish a game claiming the victory (you dont have to keep a list of stationary games forever)

- chat system (but no iOS notification for that)

- easy to use interface and overall good graphics and sounds

Thats a great turn based word and I think every word game fun should check, considering the free version is very good.

5/5

More than recommended!

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
11-21-2012, 08:57 AM
New update released yesterday with a cool new powerup! Check it out!