iPhone AniTower, Yet another TD Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by michax, Nov 19, 2012.

1. michax

michax Member

Jan 28, 2012
    #1 michax, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
    Hi!

I want to share progress on my first born game, AniTower . Generally idea is simple, I want to create fast paced strategy game that i would enjoy myself.

First version of the game will be in the form of RPG TD game, but further in time I'm planing to create full strategy game with resource management and easy on eye graphics. I'm not planing to create full fledged economy/war simulation but some sort of simplification over this idea. Idealy i would like to end up with fast paced strategy game with focus both on economy and fighting parts.

Inspirations:

• Age of empires
    • Rise of Nations
    • Warhammer
    • Settlers

I really enjoyed playing games listed above and probably indirectly I will expand on some ideas and mix it with my own ones.

A little information about me and update pace.
    So i'm lonely dev on this project and i want to try myself creating both code and graphics. It'll be probably last time I'm doing that :)
    Idealy i would like to post updates at the end of each week. Currently core of the game is finished and now i need to focus on creating content and fine tuning gameplay.

Way to track progress:
    indiedb
    twitter

Below some screenshots and props mashups (click for full versions):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. michax

michax Member

Jan 28, 2012
    #2 michax, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
    AniTower Update #2, Camp fire

So this week task was to create camp fire with procedural fire animation. Whole thing was modeled in Blender, textured in Photoshop and animated in After Effects. So it ended up being fun thing to do.

I've divided whole task into two steps. First create best looking preview of fire in After Effects. Second step, move it all to game engine and mimic some postproduction effects like heat refraction.

Below some previews:

1. Camp fire before ignition
    [​IMG]

2. Camp fire after ignition
    [​IMG]

3. Ugly gif preview of fire animation, not looped properly
    [​IMG]

4. Nicely looped and smooth fire preview

I hope that next time I'll have more things to show.

AniTower

3. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    I like the look of what you've posted so far. Your brief description sounds like it will be a great game. Look forward to hearing a lot more from you about it.

4. michax

michax Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Thanks pavarotti! I'll try my best.

I hope to create gamplay video soon, so stay tuned.

5. michax

michax Member

Jan 28, 2012
    AniTower Update #3

Another short update.

Finaly i've finished logo design (hate working on logos). I'm not fully happy with result but it will do for now. Comments appreciated!
    [​IMG]

Along side logo I've created microsite at anitower.eu with subscribe form (more will come).

[​IMG]

In addition I've started working on main game menus (very minimalistic/lazy style):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

What's planned for upcoming week of work ?
    I need to "code up" those screens. I've already finished writting simple UI page management. Nothing fancy but will make my life a little easier.

Also if time allows I would like to design simple tutorial page and inbetween map screen, showing score and gained skills/experience.

That's all, see ya next week!

6. michax

michax Member

Jan 28, 2012
    #6 michax, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
    New asset batch

After long silence, caused by nothing new interesting to show (read: programming), i'm ready to present batch of assets that will be used to create maps for first world.

Beside new textures, I also decide to update base lighting, which currently is more cartonish then old one. New setup works better with low poly assets within mobile requirements.

Day:
    [​IMG]

Night:
    [​IMG]

As for programing, all core modules are finished. Everything works nicely on all supported platforms.

Upcoming task: Modeling,rigging and texturing of core towers.
    Deadline: 31/05/2013.

Till next update!

7. michax

michax Member

Jan 28, 2012
    This time around I want to present set of towers with their upgrade levels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What's next:
    Push new towers into game world and mechanics.
    Create preview video.