Old 06-14-2011, 05:54 AM
iPad

Default Call of Mini: Zombies - [Universal App]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

Old 06-14-2011, 06:25 AM

Default Game Impressions

If you've played Battle Bears, and Mini Gore you've got a pretty good idea what this game is like. This isn't going to be a review, I just started playing, but so far its pretty good. Little details and effects are a welcome touch, everything is nice and crisp. Good interface size, screen isn't cluttered on my ipod, I can see everything and I have big hands.

Controls are spot on, kind of has a cool over the shoulder zoom when shooting, lots of ejecting shells for that action movie feel. I was worried about wasting ammo shooting the ground like I did in Battle Bears, but when you hit the shoot button you can adjust your aim quickly and easily.

You earn money to buy the additional players, right now I've only got Joe Blow. Lots of weapons, each with their own upgrades, rate of fire, ammo limit so on. My only worry is some of the stuff is pricy...unless you make more as you advance...it might take a bit to buy and upgrade everything, and of course they offer an IAP for extra in game money

I'm not sure how many levels it has, but from what I've seen only two, a factory warehouse thing and a burned out hospital. Its like an arena deal. A fair amount of space to move around but an enclosed enviroment with zombies popping up and dropping in but there are little nooks to run to, you never feel trapped but the zombies do sneak up on you. Ramps and door ways give you a little more of an open feel.

You play in "Days". It gets harder as you go and more and more types of zombies appear. Once you killed the amount for the level the day ends and you move on. You can pick up health during the battle but you also heal to the max after you complete a day.

Zombs drop ammo and cash, there are also boxes with stuff in there. NO RELOADING, thank God. Nothing but non-stop shooting. I'm yet to run of out ammo which you can also buy in between Days, but if you run out, you have a wild looking chainsaw sword thing thats pretty fun to use. Running around with the chainsaw is by far my favorite...Evil Dead...how I love thee...

No real AI, but they are zombies...they just kind of chase you. You can just run backwards and shoot, but as I said they do sneak up on you and some are faster then you. One good thing I'm happy to see is that a zombie just doesn't automatically attack you because its in arms reach, you can zip around them and give them the old side step and avoid some tight spots. But when you do get hit you slow down, so if you get surrounded...you might be in trouble. The first level I just backed into a corner and hacked with my chainsaw...never got hit...and I was a little let down at how easy it was...not to fear however, as you advance some zombies have a ranged attack. Vomit! It keeps you moving, so no camping. Also hit a boss, not going to spoil anything, but he took a few bullets to bring down.

The zombies splatter pretty well, some heads pop off and roll on the ground from a funny effect. Lighting and textures look great. Fast paced, lots of over the top shooting and zombie blasting all wrapped in a kind of silly blocky Mini Gore'ish style. And again...it's $.99 so no whinning about the price

It runs great on my ipod 4th gen. No studdering what so ever.

Game Center and Achievements are included.

Opinion for the future...more levels, and maybe just maybe some multiplayer...maybe a little blocky Left 4 Dead in the palm of my hand...

This turned into more of a review then I had planned...to sum it up...buy the game its fun, and its cheap.

I apologize for any spelling errors, I'm doing this from my office...in between emails and small talk...HA HA...Business.

Last edited by mrdyer1984; 06-14-2011 at 07:40 AM..
Old 06-14-2011, 06:33 AM
iPad mini

Oh yes! Downloading now. Kerching!!

What a pleasant surprise!
Old 06-14-2011, 08:04 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Whoa- didn't realise this was going to be out so soon!

Mrdyer- any word on the sounds- do the different weapons have suitably varied effects? Like Alive4Ever had a good range of guns, however the actual sound effects didn't really feel like you were using progressively more powerful weapons, but contrast this with Zombie Shock, which really paid good attention to this. Weird question, i know.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:19 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Someone tell me that music in the trailer is in the game...PLEASE!
Old 06-14-2011, 08:25 AM
iPad mini

Default Game Impressions

As far as gameplay is concerned, through the game's initial nine days, my overall experience was a bit dull. Once the great visuals, accurate controls and initial fun-factor sink in, the game starts feeling like a grind-fest with little purpose behind it. Perhaps the biggest reason behind this problem is the lack of interesting environments (the two maps get old) or additional features. Repetitiveness sets in after the first 4-5 rounds you spend in each of them. Though enemy variety also picks up as you progress through the game, dealing with the same types of zombies time and time again also gets a bit old after some time.

For what it's worth, before the game starts getting old, it is very fun. I don't want to focus on negatives; the controls are spot on, graphics are charming and overall production value of the game is fantastic.

I just wish there was more of it. Nevertheless, it's an easy decision to make for 0.99.

This game also just SCREAMS for multiplayer like no other. Oh how fun DM, TDM and CTF would be!
Old 06-14-2011, 08:27 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Someone tell me that music in the trailer is in the game...PLEASE!
someone tell me its NOT, please!

or i can turn the music down at least

then again, kidtomart kind of confirmed my suspicions. repetitive grind fest, not what i'm in the mood for.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:34 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by araczynski View Post

then again, kidtomart kind of confirmed my suspicions. repetitive grind fest, not what i'm in the mood for.
Im actually quite enjoying the grind fest!! The shooting is fun and I would choose it over minigore any day! Even though the environments get old i still enjoy the carnage!
Old 06-14-2011, 08:36 AM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi541 View Post
Im actually quite enjoying the grind fest!! The shooting is fun and I would choose it over minigore any day! Even though the environments get old i still enjoy the carnage!
What Day are you on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by araczynski View Post

The game's definitely worth 0.99 - I didn't mean for my comments to dissuade your decision to purchase it!

See - a similar game which comes to mind is Overkill. The game was fun till later on in the game, when things got repetitive and/or pointless. Till you reach the point of boredom, it is pretty damn fun.

Last edited by KiddToKmart; 06-14-2011 at 08:38 AM..
Old 06-14-2011, 08:51 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddToKmart View Post
What Day are you on?

The game's definitely worth 0.99 - I didn't mean for my comments to dissuade your decision to purchase it!

See - a similar game which comes to mind is Overkill. The game was fun till later on in the game, when things got repetitive and/or pointless. Till you reach the point of boredom, it is pretty damn fun.
Im on day 15!!! The upgrading of weapons and buying characters is what keeps me coming back for some more zombie crushin! On another note Overkill is nothing like this game but I imagine once i unlock everything it will be boring but still fun. Its kinda like drinking 10 slurpees in one sitting it tastes good but the same thing gets dull. I think this game will last me a while so its a steal for 0.99.