App description: Vektor "The Courier"

A highspeed game of endless running and slashing action.

In this free-to-play action game, you assume the role of "The Courier". A wet-wired courier, whose mission is to deliver "top secret" data to aid the fight against the corrupt corporate goverment. While streching through the endless highway, you battle against the corporate merceneries, who would not hesitate to use any means necessary to prevent you from delivering the "package".

- Intense Run and Slash Gameplay.
- Fight your way through busy traffic and three different enemies.
- Boss Fight!
- 2-Axis Movement
- Atmospheric Cyberpunk environment.
- Retro Electro Soundtrack.
- Neverending Fun!

Move your bike by tilting your device on both axis, tap right or left of the screen to swing your sword to desired sides.
(If you want to change your playing position while in-game, pause the game and hit "Calibrate")

(This game is Ad supported.)
10-28-2014, 05:02 PM
Could be a soft launch, I'm not entirely sure. All I do know is that I've been really looking forward to this and it looks great!

https://pixelatedparadise.wordpress.com/ - Daily iOS Roundups and Multi-Platform Reviews.
Please note that I am not a moderator; I can't change thread titles, delete threads etc. I'm happy to help where I can but it's likely faster to contact a mod for assistance.

10-28-2014, 05:37 PM
It's out in PH and i've played a bit and...

It's fantastic!

From the loading screen (yes, from there), the intro, to the art style, to the GUI, to the gameplay, to the controls, this game is friggin good.

Surprisingly, tilt works so well here. Tile to move your bike left and right, and tapping left or right allows you to attack that side of your bike.

Gameplay's pretty simple in "The Courier." Tilt your way through traffic, and attack those other bikes that catch up to you. 3 hits will take down an enemy bike.

You have an HP counter on the left and taking hits from the other bikes or hitting obstacles. Hitting other cars will take off 5 hp, and being attacked by other riders take off 10. Farther into the game, other bikers shoot guns at you, and they usually stay behind you... You need to hit some cars to push you back towards the gunners so you can attack them. I havent found any other way to slow down my speed to attack gunners behind me, but for a minimalist game, this is actually a pretty good mechanic that involves a bit of strategy in how and when you want to take out the gunners.

The only downside, is that there isnt a GC leaderboard for it. Also, im not sure if there is anything past "The Courier" chapter if it wasnt endless. From the looks of it, i think it's endless, so im not sure what the chapter title is for.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-28-2014, 11:14 PM
Very cool game. With the music, it really reminds me of the car chase in "THX 1138".
10-29-2014, 06:28 AM
Loved the presentation, the design, the art style... But the gameplay is so blend.
10-29-2014, 06:43 AM
Love the look of this bit is it tilt only?

Just tried it, seems to show two control schemes so I press the one with buttons but it's still tilt ?
10-29-2014, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Love the look of this bit is it tilt only?

Just tried it, seems to show two control schemes so I press the one with buttons but it's still tilt ?
You tap to attack. It's tilt only

Game Center: sink_or_swim
10-29-2014, 06:51 AM
Arrrrgh. Shame. Thanks for telling me
10-29-2014, 08:00 AM
Thanks for your impressions, EP.

I can't believe this came out of nowhere like that. I don't mind that it's tilt, but sorta wish it had a price tag instead of being ad supported. And the lack if leaderboard is disappointing. But, like Pete, I've really been looking forward to this as well. Gonna give it a download.
10-29-2014, 10:14 AM
Such an impressive amount of work for a single person, credits say he did art, code, design, and even the music.

Unfortunately, the game gets old really really fast and the tilt controls are anything but ideal. I guess they do provide a sense that I'm riding this bike and it's a little out of my control but i'm still not a fan.

Huge respect for the solo dev thing + the rad theme but it needs more game.