Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-07-2014, 10:04 AM

Default Make Them Drink - FREE !

Hey guys,

You can download my new game for iPhone and iPad on the AppStore now!

Make Them Drink :
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/make-them-drink/id919545223?ls=1&mt=8

Please give feedbacks and show some support by rating the application on the AppStore !

Thank you,
John
Old 10-07-2014, 02:58 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

Hey there, If I may I have a few suggestions for your game:

To be honest I don't think people will download based on the description and screen shots.
  • The description is basically telling you how to play, you should highlight the cool parts of the game, what would get people excited!
  • The wording in English is quite poor in places, you will get some people drop out there if you don't correct the language.
  • If you have to write a paragraph on how to play the game then it's clearly too complicated. Keep it simple and make it clear visually what the user needs to do.
  • The icon doesn't stand out. Put it next to other games out at the moment, would people pick it out amongst the crowd? If no, then you need to revisit.

Pointers on the game:
  • Home Screen: Way too much going on, I just want to play. Let me discover the rest later
  • How to play: Again, too much information, most users will drop out here as they can't be bothered to read it. Then after pressing play it takes me to the home screen, shouldn't I be playing now?
  • Gameplay: The idea of the game it pretty good, but the execution could be better. The main thing I find is that the press-able area for a cup isn't enough, if I miss then it automatically break another glass and I loose.
  • Adverts: Video adverts are annoying, I want to carry on playing but you're making me wait 30 seconds. Everyone will drop out here! replace it with large banner ads so people can dismiss them straight away, plus more chance of people accidentally pressing them

You need to make sure people test your games before release. Take on honest critique like mine and make the changes. Develop further until you are really happy with the end result.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjonesdesign View Post
Hey there, If I may I have a few suggestions for your game:

To be honest I don't think people will download based on the description and screen shots.
  • The description is basically telling you how to play, you should highlight the cool parts of the game, what would get people excited!
  • The wording in English is quite poor in places, you will get some people drop out there if you don't correct the language.
  • If you have to write a paragraph on how to play the game then it's clearly too complicated. Keep it simple and make it clear visually what the user needs to do.
  • The icon doesn't stand out. Put it next to other games out at the moment, would people pick it out amongst the crowd? If no, then you need to revisit.

Pointers on the game:
  • Home Screen: Way too much going on, I just want to play. Let me discover the rest later
  • How to play: Again, too much information, most users will drop out here as they can't be bothered to read it. Then after pressing play it takes me to the home screen, shouldn't I be playing now?
  • Gameplay: The idea of the game it pretty good, but the execution could be better. The main thing I find is that the press-able area for a cup isn't enough, if I miss then it automatically break another glass and I loose.
  • Adverts: Video adverts are annoying, I want to carry on playing but you're making me wait 30 seconds. Everyone will drop out here! replace it with large banner ads so people can dismiss them straight away, plus more chance of people accidentally pressing them

You need to make sure people test your games before release. Take on honest critique like mine and make the changes. Develop further until you are really happy with the end result.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate your feedbacks. It's rare that people take time to write nice feedbacks for new people of this industry. I am looking forward to make some adjustments based on what you said. Thank you again.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:18 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 8.x

No problem at all! Everybody deserves feedback on their apps, without it games would never be perfect