★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Best tower defense games?

11-19-2012, 06:56 PM
#1
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,691
Best tower defense games?

I have fieldrunners 2,spice bandits,sentinel 3, and kingdom rush it what are some other good ones?
11-19-2012, 07:41 PM
#2
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
I have fieldrunners 2,spice bandits,sentinel 3, and kingdom rush it what are some other good ones?
Bloons 5 sucks you in with a huge variety of cute towers, and lots of upgrades.

The ios version never took off, but Gemcraft is a port of a hugely popular flash td. I enjoyed it a lot.

I find most of them samey samey so I'm not the best person to ask...

Use The Code JFLF5HT To Get 50% More Coins In Combat Monsters!

11-19-2012, 07:42 PM
#3
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post
Bloons 5 sucks you in with a huge variety of cute towers, and lots of upgrades.

The ios version never took off, but Gemcraft is a port of a hugely popular flash td. I enjoyed it a lot.

I find most of them samey samey so I'm not the best person to ask...
Yeah that's why I asked I want a TD game that's different but most are the same
11-19-2012, 07:49 PM
#4
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Northbrook, IL
Posts: 473
In the order that they popped into my head: iBomber Defense:Pacific, Four Days: World Dense, Tower Defense HD, Guns n' Glory (both of them), Jelly Defense, Starfall...
Also check out Anomaly Warzone Earth. It's a reverse tower defense game where you're the attacker. One of the best iOS games ever made.

Currently playing: AG Drive, Flop Rocket, Space Marshals, Strategic Defence, Drone: Shadow Strike, Kill Shot, MetalStorm: Aces, CounterSpy, Spiral Ep:1, ARC Squadron, Sector Strike, FullBlast, Land Air Sea Warfare HD, Machines at War 3, MechCom
11-19-2012, 07:51 PM
#5
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimstone82 View Post
In the order that they popped into my head: iBomber Defense:Pacific, Four Days: World Dense, Tower Defense HD, Guns n' Glory (both of them), Jelly Defense, Starfall...
Also check out Anomaly Warzone Earth. It's a reverse tower defense game where you're the attacker. One of the best iOS games ever made.
I got war zone earth waiting for sequel china.
11-19-2012, 08:42 PM
#6
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 846
Cubemen is worth a try for something different (has a level creator too) but if you want to go more down the true RTS route try Autumn Dynasty. Beautiful but very hard game!
11-19-2012, 08:42 PM
#7
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 9,567
The creeps!
11-19-2012, 08:44 PM
#8
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,691
Is Autumn Dynasty only for iPad?
11-19-2012, 08:54 PM
#9
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Northbrook, IL
Posts: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
Cubemen is worth a try for something different (has a level creator too) but if you want to go more down the true RTS route try Autumn Dynasty. Beautiful but very hard game!
Forgot about Cubemen, great game. As far as RTS games go, Land Air Sea Warfare is the gold standard for me. I still play at least one skirmish a day after all this time. I really like Starfront: Collision too.

Edit: Heavy Mach Defense is another great defense game.

Currently playing: AG Drive, Flop Rocket, Space Marshals, Strategic Defence, Drone: Shadow Strike, Kill Shot, MetalStorm: Aces, CounterSpy, Spiral Ep:1, ARC Squadron, Sector Strike, FullBlast, Land Air Sea Warfare HD, Machines at War 3, MechCom
11-19-2012, 08:59 PM
#10
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 20,105
Funny how nobody mentions Plants vs Zombies.