Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-20-2012, 03:52 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Not out in Germany.

Guess the must have fit to local timezone in Lebanon.
I have no idea. Double checked and it's definitely here. Just waiting for my internet to turn free in 10 mins so I don't use my bandwidth...which is odd considering it's still the 20th and only 10:50 pm right now. Not complaining of course...but yeah, it's definitely odd.

Man, if this ends up being the norm and I don't have to wait till 6:00 am to get stuff from now on, that would be insanely cool. Doubt it though.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:12 PM

The game is going live on the local app stores on Nov. 21st - in most countries it's still now Nov. 20th (at least in Europe for the next 2 hours).
Old 11-20-2012, 05:38 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Just wanted to say that I own both Infinity Blade games and can't stand 'em. I gave into the hype and whatever...and despise them. I also didn't care for Dark Meadow. This on the other hand is just a bloody fantastic game.

Everything you need to know is basically in the IGN review and the game runs superbly on iPhone 4, has a ton of personality, doesn't take itself seriously and is essentially Mike Tyson's Punch Out for iOS. It also feels like a first person fighting game built especially for iOS devices (even though, lo and behold...it was on Wii first) and doesn't try to hide what it is by wrapping a nice, pointless, repeating storyline around it to make it look like anything other than a simple fighting game. Very, very worth the buck it's at now and probably whatever price it'll be when the launch sale is over.

Oh, and I haven't beta tested it, gotten a promo code or whatever. I didn't even bother reading through the pre-release thread as I stopped giving a damn after the initial comparisons to Infinity Blade.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Gotta say I'm intrigued by this. Like E-P mentioned, Blood & Glory sucks with it's freemium model. But regardless, this looks better.

When metalcasket mentioned the IGN review, I looked it up and didn't realize this was a port of a WiiWare game. Wonder how it runs on the 3GS.

(On a side note, showing how much IGN takes the iPhone seriously, they just released a review of Waking Mars yesterday!!)
Old 11-20-2012, 07:01 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Ooh, loved this game on the Wii. Will definitely get this. It was worth the $5 or whatever it was on the Wii, so definitely worth the $.99 here.

My only hesitation is that I imagine this won't run on the iPad one. Come on tax return 2013! I need an upgrade!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:31 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Really good fun so far. Difficulty might be an issue as to this point it seems exceedingly easy. You're given two dodge directions, jump and block, but pressing the same single dodge button does the trick nearly every time irrespective of which direction you're being attacked from or with which type of attack. Hopefully the difficulty ramps up, but the balance/curve so far does seem a bit suspect.

The "thwack, thwack, thwump" is very satisfying though, and after around 20 minutes of play I'd be hard pressed to feel like I didn't get a buck's worth from this already. Certainly a case of "play it for the experience not for depth" and it stands up well on those terms.

A rare case where the experience is also superior on the small screen, as the buttons are spread right out and are far more reachable.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike View Post
My only hesitation is that I imagine this won't run on the iPad one. Come on tax return 2013! I need an upgrade!
The requirements only state the need for iOS 5.0 and up so there's at least nothing there or in the description to imply that it won't run on your original iPad.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:08 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
The requirements only state the need for iOS 5.0 and up so there's at least nothing there or in the description to imply that it won't run on your original iPad.
That's good news indeed! I wasn't sure, since I can't pull it up in the app store yet and see the official listing.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:18 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Really good fun so far. Difficulty might be an issue as to this point it seems exceedingly easy. You're given two dodge directions, jump and block, but pressing the same single dodge button does the trick nearly every time irrespective of which direction you're being attacked from or with which type of attack. Hopefully the difficulty ramps up, but the balance/curve so far does seem a bit suspect.

The "thwack, thwack, thwump" is very satisfying though, and after around 20 minutes of play I'd be hard pressed to feel like I didn't get a buck's worth from this already. Certainly a case of "play it for the experience not for depth" and it stands up well on those terms.

A rare case where the experience is also superior on the small screen, as the buttons are spread right out and are far more reachable.
Hi there. I'm the original designer of Rage of the Gladiator. Thanks for your awesome feedback. I'm curious to hear how you feel the difficulty is as you progress through the game. We tried to follow the mantra "easy to learn, difficult to master".

You also might want to try the "advanced control scheme on the iPad (available from the Main Menu Settings) -- the buttons are more reachable in that mode.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:25 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Downloading