★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-20-2012, 07:54 PM
#21
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Boston,MA
Posts: 1,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
Screenshots look good but I'll wait for Sanukus video to see how it plays
I feel the same way but this does look cool,tempting
11-20-2012, 08:25 PM
#22
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I'm not loving this one. It feels somewhat unfair that doing well should punish you by putting you so close to the top of the road that you need super-human reflexes to respond to what's being built mere inches from the front of your car. At one point I actually managed to pick up so much speed that I almost seemed to fall off the top of the road and then hit an obstacle because it came into existence around my vehicle. It makes for rapid fluxuations in difficulty that don't feel entirely natural.

Also the placement of speed up arrows could do with some tweaking. I've only played a few games and already I've seen situations where I'm performing perfectly, avoiding all obstacles but end up falling off the back of the road and failing because there either weren't any red arrows or they were placed -inside- pieces of scenery. This shouldn't happen.
I couldn't resist this one either due to the stylish look and loose relation to cars
Haven't played much yet but I think the idea is to also use the slowdown arrows so you are going above 80, but not too fast (balancing your speed) and using the nitro you can unlock to make up speed if you need it in an emergency... might be wrong because what you say above also occurred here but I think my description is the answer?

Anyway, nice little game for the price IMO!

11-20-2012, 08:36 PM
#23
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
I couldn't resist this one either due to the stylish look and loose relation to cars
Haven't played much yet but I think the idea is to also use the slowdown arrows so you are going above 80, but not too fast (balancing your speed) and using the nitro you can unlock to make up speed if you need it in an emergency... might be wrong because what you say above also occurred here but I think my description is the answer?

Anyway, nice little game for the price IMO!
Yeah, the tutorial kinda suggests you should intentionally slow down, but with the problem of red arrows potentially not appearing enough to speed you up again the execution doesn't seem to live up to the idea.
11-20-2012, 09:31 PM
#24
Looks very stylish, but why use that icon?
11-20-2012, 11:32 PM
#25
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyray View Post
Looks very stylish, but why use that icon?
That's what I was thinking! The icon really betrays the minimalist art style in-game. I glossed over this completely due to the milk-toast icon, but then realized it might be something cool when I saw the screenshot in the "coming tonight" post.
11-21-2012, 12:15 AM
#26
Bought it. I'm really enjoying it. I had to get used to the idea of the scenery being built in front of me, but after I got used I like a lot the variety this game has.

Aside from being an endless runner, you have several options which are cool, such as the fact that you can choose your path in the map prior to playing. It's like outrun, but deciding which route you want to take before beginning to race. I think that you need a lot of coins to unlock everything, but it's my motivation. The IAP of 150,000 coins (best deal according to Chillingo) is $9,99. With that amount you can unlock a lot, but I haven't bought it. I want to try to achieve coins in-game. They come in at a good pace. We'll see on the long run...

I never bought a Chillingo game until now because they usually become free sooner or later, but I don't regret at all having bought this one
11-21-2012, 12:43 AM
#27
I'm loving the look of this game but I'm not too sure about the gameplay. Seems more a juggling act between going fast and slow rather than going all out. But maybe that will be fun.
11-21-2012, 12:59 AM
#28
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
No lite version...
Pass
Serious!? Most games don't bother with lite versions now specially when it's only 99c!!!

Just wait for comments or be brave and splash out on a huge 99c for a game !
11-21-2012, 01:34 AM
#29
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,484
Bought. Love it!!! Although I am finding every time I exit to the menu to go to the garage etc, it crashes. Anyone else having the same issue?
11-21-2012, 01:35 AM
#30
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 509
Chillingo publishes the best iPhone games. This is totally awesome!