App description: PUNCH IN THE FACE! PROPAGANDA LANDER DELIVERS!
You've gotten soft, but we have just the game to toughen you back up again! Spread the word of the Rickster across the Galaxy - but be careful! those annoying indigenous people are kind of a kill joy. In order to protect they're precious habitats, they'll throw everything they got at you. Spears, rocks, cannonballs, hell they even send in the sea serpent. But, do not despair true believer, you are doing it for a good cause... ???

FEATURES
- The best lander style game on the App Store
- 20 levels that will kick your behind and that's before the boss battle.
- The baddest badass final boss you've faced on a mobile device; He's so badass, he won't fit on one screen.
- We have some hard to obtain achievements. We like achievers.
- Survival Remix - How long can you last?
- A new and exciting soundtrack for each world
- If you aren't into dark humor, you won't find any part of this game funny. Too bad for you.

BUT DON'T TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT...

"Propaganda Lander isn't the only Lander style game available for the App Store, but almost none can claim as much charm and style as 'The Rickster' on his universal campaign of glory."
-Andrew Nesvadba, AppSpy (4 out of 5)

"You will have to bring your A game in order to get through the 20 levels currently included... This $4.99 game is universal and looks beautiful on any sized screen.
-Michelle Lopez, The Portable Gamer

"Propaganda Lander: simple idea, unlikely hero, amazing game!"
-Emiliano Contarino, iPhoneitalia.com

Also, Watch for our second app title "SMASH HOCKEY". It's 95% done.

GIFT THIS APP: Click the Buy App arrow on the iTunes App Store
VISIT US: SMASHWORX.COM
FOLLOW US: twitter.com/smashworx
FIND US: facebook.smashworx.com

This game is not widescreen and is not retina enhanced.

Sound System by
FMOD Sound System, copyright Firelight Technologies Pty, Ltd., 1994-2010.
05-03-2010, 03:42 AM
Game Impressions

I took the "high price" risk on Propaganda Lander. My stomach is in mourning over the necessary cut back in the fast food supersizing budget, But the money has been smartly relocated into the purchase of this awesome game. I must say that i was surprised by the quality here. This is retail quality stuff, in fact, P. Lander reminds me most of Patapon both in quality, and graphics; So much so that i had to check the developers website to find out if they were related in any way. I have only been this satisfied by a purchase a few other times; This game is fun. The game plays like a lander style rescue game, in this respect the controls are similar, having the player using limited fuel to fight against gravity in order to rescue as many "potential" followers as possible. where the game separates itself from those often maze-like games is that each level is an arena wherein a quota must be met before time runs out. Also different is that running into a wall does minimal damage, turning it into a more frantic action focused experience. Running into a wall becomes even less of a threat in comparison to the ever evolving hoard of traps and enemies that throw you around the level, often jettisoning any passengers aboard your ship. Luckily there are pickups like shields, health, fuel, cash, etc. that can help you fill your quota. after completing missions your ship gets larger, making it capable of carrying more people. A great combo system adds to the fun, and requires a masters skill level to perfect. Simply put, it is a blast to play. Aside from the gameplay itself, there are cut-scenes and animated menus that move you along through the campaign. The cut-scenes Are pretty great too, with professional voice acting/animation and superbly funny writing. If you don't hate the basic "hover" gameplay mechanics, i'd bet you'll love this game. Even if you hate Lander games, the in-between-mission scenes are worth a few bucks alone.
And so, i give Propaganda Lander my Worthless Stamp of Aproval

Last edited by Darkstar21; 05-03-2010 at 03:51 PM.

05-03-2010, 04:44 AM
nice review Darkstar

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
05-03-2010, 05:34 AM
I feel like i have to write reviews for good games or I'm somehow responsible for people not enjoying them. I'm sure a therapist would say I'm pathetically empathetic, and that i need to learn how to hate strangers more. but then how will they entertain themselves?
05-03-2010, 05:37 AM
Great impressions, Darkstar. Damn you for making me want yet another game

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。
05-03-2010, 05:56 AM
Found some video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Not sure about this one, but it does look interesting.
05-03-2010, 06:41 AM
I don't think that's the same version i have, but it gives a good idea of the look. seems a lot slower in the vid.

Yeah, I checked the site, and the game again, and i think that is a video of the original version of the game, which was flash, seems they scraped that and rebuilt it for the iphone.

Last edited by Darkstar21; 05-03-2010 at 06:51 AM.
05-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Game Impressions

@Darkstar21, thanks so much for the great review! I'm so happy you enjoyed it. We should be pushing out a new version sometime next week with new music (our guy wasn't done so we put the same music on every world). It would be awesome if you could repost this on the Apple review section, so we can get on new and noteworthy

@squarezero, that is an older (in-progress) version of the game, but still on iPhone not the flash version. The reason it's slower is that we are running it in the emulator on a slightly slower mac. Our newer movies are now being recorded on a zippier mac for a more accurate sense of the timing.
05-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_at_smashworx View Post
@Darkstar21, thanks so much for the great review! I'm so happy you enjoyed it. We should be pushing out a new version sometime next week with new music (our guy wasn't done so we put the same music on every world). It would be awesome if you could repost this on the Apple review section, so we can get on new and noteworthy

@squarezero, that is an older (in-progress) version of the game, but still on iPhone not the flash version. The reason it's slower is that we are running it in the emulator on a slightly slower mac. Our newer movies are now being recorded on a zippier mac for a more accurate sense of the timing.
I'll go ahead and replace the video when you guys have the new one -- just post a message here.

As it happens, I ended up buying the game -- visually it's right up my alley. New music would be welcome, but even as is I'm impressed with the amount of polish. i appreciate how you've taken a simple game mechanic and brought it to a new level. Definitely fun so far.
05-03-2010, 10:03 AM
Sorta feel like I should put it in the same category as Canabalt - looks like a great game, but is probably a touch too expensive. If it were $2 or $3, I'd buy it right away.