★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Come -- return with us to the days of yesteryear. When 8 colors were enough, and the pixels were individually detectable to the human eye. This is LOWLANDER, a fantasy role-playing adventure from simpler times. This might *be* your fathers RPG!

Embark on a glorious adventure to save the world from the clutches of the evil sorceress Azamon and her hordes of low-res low-lifes! You begin as a lost and wandering soul who can barely stay alive. Your circumstances will rise in the service of King Shebastian as you help to rid the world of evil. It IS as simple as black-and-white!

Lowlander harkens back to the early days of personal computers. If youve been looking to get your nostalgia on, but cant be bothered to use two hands doing it, then this is the game for you.

FEATURES
- glorious one handed retro-RPG action
- approximately 8 hours of minimalist adventure
- explore a huge world, gain experience and rise in power
- delve into dark dungeons for loot and riches
- save your game and resume it later!
- no in-app purchases. buy once, own forever!
- Lord British approved!
- over 8 colors!
- realistic moving water!

bsabiston's comments:

Lowlander

Flat Black Films
Genres: Games Role Playing Adventure
$2.59 NZD

Come -- return with us to the days of yesteryear. When 8 colors were enough, and the pixels were individually detectable to the human eye. This is LOWLANDER, a fantasy role-playing adventure from simpler times. This might *be* your father’s RPG!

Embark on a glorious adventure to save the world from the clutches of the evil sorceress Azamon and her hordes of low-res low-lifes! You begin as a lost and wandering soul who can barely stay alive. Your circumstances will rise in the service of King Shebastian as you help to rid the world of evil. It IS as simple as black-and-white!

Lowlander harkens back to the early days of personal computers. If you’ve been looking to get your nostalgia on, but can’t be bothered to use two hands doing it, then this is the game for you.

FEATURES
- glorious one handed retro-RPG action
- approximately 8 hours of minimalist adventure
- explore a huge world, gain experience and rise in power
- delve into dark dungeons for loot and riches
- save your game and resume it later!
- no in-app purchases. buy once, own forever!
- Lord British approved!
- over 8 colors!
- realistic moving water!

TRAILER
YouTube: video

Supported Devices:
  • iPad3G
  • iPhone4
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPodTouchourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadWifi
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPodTouchThirdGen
  • iPhone5
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadThirdGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 5.0

Download Size: 5.7MB

12-31-2014, 07:31 AM
Interesting

12-31-2014, 04:54 PM
I guess we might pull the game and wait til next week. I thought there would be a "coming at midnight" thread this week. Seems like there are several new games, maybe they aren't deemed good enough, or there aren't enough of them?
12-31-2014, 04:58 PM
Wait an hour so I can buy it ! Everytime I try and buy this the release date moves yet again. There'll be a new games thread tomorrow plus this game had been mentioned on other sites already
12-31-2014, 05:07 PM
You're a moderator -- are you sure there will be a new games post tomorrow? I can leave it in the store. It's just that this site is the only one I follow and I love that Wednesday "upcoming" thread.

Are you sure it was mentioned on other sites? AFAIK nobody even knows about this game. I guess that's another reason I was looking forward to the Wednesday list.
12-31-2014, 05:14 PM
i want this.
12-31-2014, 05:20 PM
Alright, I'm leaving it up. Maybe TouchArcade will be kind enough to consider it a soft launch and list it in next week's new releases.

@slamraman I'll send you a promo code, let me know what you think of the game.
12-31-2014, 05:22 PM
wait another hour, please... i wanna bought it!

edit. soft launch? so, will not see it today on my store?

Last edited by Gwarmaxx; 12-31-2014 at 05:26 PM.
12-31-2014, 05:31 PM
Hell, maybe I just don't know what soft launch means. I thought it just meant a not-very-well-publicized launch

You'll should see it in the store, I am not going to take it down. I'll PM you a promo code as a Happy New Years gift.

Anyone else who wants a promo code, I've got 7 more so just post here and I'll PM you.

Bob
12-31-2014, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsabiston View Post
Hell, maybe I just don't know what soft launch means. I thought it just meant a not-very-well-publicized launch

You'll should see it in the store, I am not going to take it down. I'll PM you a promo code as a Happy New Years gift.

Anyone else who wants a promo code, I've got 7 more so just post here and I'll PM you.

Bob
Code would be sweet, thanks.