Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-11-2012, 07:12 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archerx View Post
I'm glad the joystick is working as it should

Hey Capricornman, that's their "effect" (every bad guy type has its own effect on the player) they inverse the screen when you touch them but as soon as they stop touching you the screen should go back to normal. Usually swiping in the opposite direction is all you need to get away but if you still thing its too hard I'll do another update.
Hey Archerx! Thanks for letting me know Now that I know it's part of the game then that's fine and leave it! I don't want you to do more work for an update to change something that's part of the game! I'll get used to it!
Just want to say again thanks for the joystick improvement and the updated levels which are a ton of fun!
Wishing you much success and thanks for your efforts
Old 12-11-2012, 12:37 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

If it's more annoying than fun I can fix, I want to make the game as fun as possible. I did have the camera rotate upside down so it was more obvious that it was an enemy effect but that posed a lot of problems.

But if it's not too much of an issue I'll leave it as it is also how do you feel about the difficulty curve now with the level reshuffle?
Old 12-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Thanks for the code first of all. Really like the feel of the game and it's kind of cross between Marble Madness and a 3D Pac-Man. But agree with some I the comments here. The screen flipping is my biggest issue. Just throws the game completely for a loop. As one of the earlier impressions mentioned, probably would be cool to have a jump button. That may not be necessary as you get further into the game. Really the whole screen orientation thing needs to be addressed to make this enjoyable.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:24 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Thanks for the code first of all. Really like the feel of the game and it's kind of cross between Marble Madness and a 3D Pac-Man. But agree with some I the comments here. The screen flipping is my biggest issue. Just throws the game completely for a loop. As one of the earlier impressions mentioned, probably would be cool to have a jump button. That may not be necessary as you get further into the game. Really the whole screen orientation thing needs to be addressed to make this enjoyable.
Really?!?
I absolutely LOVE the screen flipping when being hit by certain enemies... It adds a sort of... I dunno... Some personality. Kinda like the power up in sonic racing that flips the screen upside down...

If you hate it, you could look at it as more of an incentive to avoid that particular bad guy.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:28 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Really?!?
I absolutely LOVE the screen flipping when being hit by certain enemies... It adds a sort of... I dunno... Some personality. Kinda like the power up in sonic racing that flips the screen upside down...

If you hate it, you could look at it as more of an incentive to avoid that particular bad guy.
Well said.....leave the flipping screen in!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Really?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricornman View Post
Well said.....leave the flipping screen in!!!
I had only played a bit when I wrote that and probably jumped the gun. Perhaps a little more playtime will get me used to it. It just caught me off guard and actually thought it was a bug!

And Capricornman, it sounded like you were one of the ones who didn't like it! Guess you must have learned to like it so I'm sure I can too!

Last edited by awp69; 12-11-2012 at 06:43 PM..
Old 12-11-2012, 07:13 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
I had only played a bit when I wrote that and probably jumped the gun. Perhaps a little more playtime will get me used to it. It just caught me off guard and actually thought it was a bug!

And Capricornman, it sounded like you were one of the ones who didn't like it! Guess you must have learned to like it so I'm sure I can too!
There's one thing I'm not liking though and I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? In level two of Azure I made it to the exit and I had about 27 collected bits of food energy but when Sphoxie goes into the black exit he just floats there and doesn't go through.
Okay am I missing something? Is there a required amount of collected thingies before Sphoxie can pass through the exit or is this a bug inherent to this ever growing disfunctional itouch 4g?
HELP!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:33 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Silly silly me!!! I guess I was so excited about the update I forgot to re-read the instructions and rules. Apparently Sphoxie must collect all four red cubes before he can exit. Okay now the game has just gotten a lot harder at least for me!!!! I love a challenge though
Sorry Archerx for my false alarms and concern! Just wanting to get into this neat game.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:50 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

No worries dudes, I'm loving the feedback!

I'm going to do one final update, I'm going to fix the upside down guys so that it doesn't feel like a bug and I have decided that if you fall off the level you will respawn at the last red cube that was collected to remove any frustrations that may appear. (but in order so if you got the first red cube and the third red cube, you'll respawn at the first red cubes location so you don't miss out on the second red cube) not all the levels need this but some of the longer levels will benefit from it I think.

If you have anymore suggestions this is the time, I'm going to do the update this weekend.

I will Also make it more obvious that you need to collect the 4 cubes to unlock the exit. That's the hard part of making a game, things that are obvious for me are not obvious for the players and figuring that out is not easy :P

I'm not going to add a jump option to Sphoxie, I didn't design the level around it but I want to make a sequel to Sphoxie where it takes place in Sphoxie round world and I'm thinking about adding a jump option to that one.

Thanks again for the feedback guys!
Old 12-12-2012, 03:54 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archerx View Post
I'm not going to add a jump option to Sphoxie, I didn't design the level around it but I want to make a sequel to Sphoxie where it takes place in Sphoxie round world and I'm thinking about adding a jump option to that one.
That sounds fair enough. A sequel with jumping in sphoxie round world sounds a great idea. Keep the original like this and a jump feature in the sequel would be great. Cheers