★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Real Racing 2 HD and Monopoly for iPad $0.99

11-21-2012, 12:55 AM
Real Racing 2 HD and Monopoly for iPad $0.99

both dropped to $0.99.

Last edited by Outrager; 11-21-2012 at 02:12 AM.
11-21-2012, 01:08 AM
Stadard versions of both Real Racing games are $0.99 as well

11-21-2012, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrager View Post
Real Racing 2 HD https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id414566922?mt=8
Monopoly for iPad https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id405622181?mt=8
both dropped to $0.99.
both are for iPad only.

I don't know how to do the cool app info stuff so sorry about that.
try to quote any other posts doing it to have a look at the syntax!

Got this sometime back..I must say I am not a fan of racing simulators x_X. It just doesn't have the sense of speed that Arcade racers like NFS/Asphalt provide.
Instead you get a rather leisurely ride through the tracks( very pretty tracks though!) and you are punished heavily for making mistakes since catching up is almost impossible(and realistically slow) once you lose the lead. It sort of reminds me of those masochistic platformers where everything you do have to be PERFECT.

Last edited by violentv; 11-21-2012 at 01:59 AM.
11-21-2012, 02:11 AM

GameCenter: *kioshi*
Gameloft: kioshi
11-21-2012, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by violentv View Post
Cool thanks. Got it to work. I guess only 1 app per post.
11-21-2012, 02:25 AM
I bought both way back, both are good. Disk size large! Highly recommend both.
11-21-2012, 02:53 AM
Looks like almost all EA games are on sale now. Also plants vs zombies hd sd is 99 cents.
11-21-2012, 03:07 AM
Quote:

Got this sometime back..I must say I am not a fan of racing simulators x_X. It just doesn't have the sense of speed that Arcade racers like NFS/Asphalt provide.
Instead you get a rather leisurely ride through the tracks( very pretty tracks though!) and you are punished heavily for making mistakes since catching up is almost impossible(and realistically slow) once you lose the lead. It sort of reminds me of those masochistic platformers where everything you do have to be PERFECT.
Yeah that's because arcade racers give an artificial sense of speeds. Anyway, the cars here get much faster as you progress.

Sure, there is a lot of punishment here as well if you brake late and end up in the gravel.

All in all, I love SIMs more than arcade racers. First arcade racer I enjoyed was NFS MW on the iPad! RR2 probably my top 3 mobile games of all time alongside Shadowgun and Dead Space for now.
11-21-2012, 03:46 AM
Quote:

Instead you get a rather leisurely ride through the tracks( very pretty tracks though!) and you are punished heavily for making mistakes since catching up is almost impossible(and realistically slow) once you lose the lead.
It's all a matter of perspective. You can look at it as punishing you for carelessness. Or you can see how the game rewards you for familiarizing yourself with the tracks, learning to brake efficiently, and finding the proper racing line to take.

Sadly, today's gaming audience has gotten used to a culture of instant gratification, with games designed for short attention spans and helpfully providing instant victory through IAP.

But sometimes, not very often nowadays, you get a game that truly challenges you. And when, after much practice, you successfully pull off the perfect racing line, and watch your opponent shrink in your rear view mirror... that feeling you get is greater than any Game Center "achievement", and can't ever be bought as IAP.
11-21-2012, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Respox View Post
It's all a matter of perspective. You can look at it as punishing you for carelessness. Or you can see how the game rewards you for familiarizing yourself with the tracks, learning to brake efficiently, and finding the proper racing line to take.

Sadly, today's gaming audience has gotten used to a culture of instant gratification, with games designed for short attention spans and helpfully providing instant victory through IAP.

But sometimes, not very often nowadays, you get a game that truly challenges you. And when, after much practice, you successfully pull off the perfect racing line, and watch your opponent shrink in your rear view mirror... that feeling you get is greater than any Game Center "achievement", and can't ever be bought as IAP.
I will respond since that post didn't sound very friendly...oh it was rather diplomatically written but still dripping with contempt.(how did it veer towards IAP?x_X)

Sometimes games are designed so dynamically that each experience/run through is different.. but very often nowadays, you get 'scripted' gameplay: games that require you to specifically carry out certain tasks in fixed unflexibles way to complete them.

Going through the game multiple times to practice to "pull off the perfect racing line" can be gratifying! I can totally understand that...but it is a very hollow sort of victory(to me)..where practice takes the place of twitch gameplay. I think a console analogy would be like how you memorize the positions where enemies illogically spawn in Uncharted and practice a few times to get through.

I suppose I may be the odd one out here..but I really dislike inflexible gameplay and games that are 'challenging'because they demand inflexible scripted responses(Damn QTEs and masochistic platformers!).

Last edited by violentv; 11-21-2012 at 04:12 AM.