★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Plantastic! By Handmark

06-23-2009, 12:40 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Plantastic! By Handmark

[App Store Link, 0.99]

Quote:
Plantastic! is a blooming marvellous combination of puzzle and strategy game. Create bouquets from groups of brightly colored flowers to clear them from the garden and achieve the bloom target! Five play modes, each with different planting patterns, will keep you challenged as blooms can only be placed near your last flower in the pattern shown. Blooms drop into the queue and you must plant them in the garden before the queue fills up!

Plantastic! begins as a simple fun game, but add more complex flower arrangements, and a range of different bloom colors as you progress, and the challenge increases. Avoid the mushrooms that block your path, and stop Mr Mole from stealing your flowers by tapping him on the head! Flower power-ups like the Super Trowel and Joker Flowers help boost your points total!

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

Last edited by eggzbacon; 06-23-2009 at 12:46 PM.
06-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post
Looks tempting, might give in later today.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

06-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Worth a buck

Flowers of various colors slide down the left side and the player must pull from the bottom of the stack to plant flowers. Eight or fewer potential plots appear around a flower in the garden, which dictates where the next flower can be planted. Three or more flowers of the same color, that are adjacent to each other, will pop, disappear, and score. Your potential plots always spawn from the most recent flower placed, so this is where the strategy comes in. You look at which colored flowers are located where and maneuver around, hopscotching from color to color, to get the biggest combos. There are also a variety of powerups that trigger certain things; a trowel to plant anywhere, a rainstorm to destroy mushroom obstacles, etc. There are several modes that open up over times, so it seems like it might have some staying power. I'm enjoying it.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
06-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
There are several modes that open up over times, so it seems like it might have some staying power. I'm enjoying it.
How are these additional flower pattern modes unlocked?

My iTunes Reviews
06-23-2009, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
How are these additional flower pattern modes unlocked?
Must have been levels completed. I'm on level 20 and one new pattern has opened up so far. The pattern you start with is the block of 8, that I mentioned previously, then a lateral pattern with 4 groups of 2 adjacent blocks each opens up. There are a total of five patterns shown in the front end right now; the two I've mentioned and three locked patterns, although there is a right-hand arrow that may or may not imply that there are more. Over time, extra colored flowers are added, as well. The game has three levels of difficulty too.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
06-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Must have been levels completed. I'm on level 20 and one new pattern has opened up so far. The pattern you start with is the block of 8, that I mentioned previously, then a lateral pattern with 4 groups of 2 adjacent blocks each opens up. There are a total of five patterns shown in the front end right now; the two I've mentioned and three locked patterns, although there is a right-hand arrow that may or may not imply that there are more. Over time, extra colored flowers are added, as well. The game has three levels of difficulty too.
You tricked me into it, DJ Flippy!

I see right there in the main menu, by highlighting any of the locked modes, what is needed to unlock them. I have to wonder how one can make a 10 flower combo needed to unlock the last game mode.

My iTunes Reviews
06-23-2009, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
You tricked me into it, DJ Flippy!

I see right there in the main menu, by highlighting any of the locked modes, what is needed to unlock them. I have to wonder how one can make a 10 flower combo needed to unlock the last game mode.
LOL, sorry. One of the special flowers is five slots, so if you manage to place that next to five others, you're set. Want your dollar back?

06-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Quote:
LOL, sorry. One of the special flowers is five slots, so if you manage to place that next to five others, you're set. Want your dollar back?
I just mean you sucked me into picking up the game although I tried to resist...but it's no use now. I like it.

My iTunes Reviews
06-23-2009, 09:59 PM
am i the only one that thought this was going to be something about plastic when i first read the title

anyways, i think im gonna pass on this one; it doesnt seem like my type of game
06-23-2009, 10:55 PM