Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-21-2012, 06:50 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Woah did I push some buttons here or what? Sorry if I'm sounding bitter but after a while of playing video games (unless you're totally naive and unrealistic) you know what to expect from a game. Yes every once in a 1000 years the planets align and a game that looks shitty turns out to be awesome but I don't think that's the case here.
Yes I can guarantee this isn't better than Kingdom Rush how is that ridiculous?

Also why is everyone defending this game? If I think this looks boring and like a rip-off isn't it my god given right to say so? Are you guys friends with the dev or what is going on here? Its not like I insulted your moms or anything....

I have only recently begun posting on TA again after a long hiatus and boy things seem to have changed. Back then when a game looked like a rip-off ppl would be all over that and now if someone points out the facts its somehow wrong?

and yeah ofc I'm only here to troll...
Old 11-21-2012, 06:52 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post
I don't understand what you are trying to say? Its not like Kingdom Rush was the first TD game? And no this isn't better I can guarantee you that.
Thats stupid, you cant guarantee that looking at a screenshot or two as you havent tried it.

Theres so many games on the app store based on other games, if this was a carbon copy clone with the same graphics/gameplay i'm sure they would get sued. Its not though

Granted you dont have to praise every single game but if you havent tried it then your opinion doesnt really mean anything. Its like some kid slating retro games for looking terrible but once they've played a retro game they like it.

If i'm a fan of a particular game i love seeing clones/remakes/similar games of that particular genre.

What i wouldnt do is totally praise a game or slate it before playing it. How many times have you played a game and thought 'damn this is better than i thought'. On iOS games thats happened to me many times.

Last edited by psj3809; 11-21-2012 at 10:31 AM..
Old 11-21-2012, 07:11 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I understand why he thinks this will not be better, kingdom rush is perfect IMO but this could still be better, it is possible. Either way I'm picking this up tonight because anything similar to kingdom rush has to be a great game
Old 11-21-2012, 07:30 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I am going to instabuy that.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:22 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Too kingdomrushy from my sight. But that is not bad i think.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:11 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Just when I was looking for an example of "people are stupid" I found it on the first thread I looked at LMAO
Old 11-21-2012, 10:23 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I'm looking forward to giving this a try tonight.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:28 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Also why is everyone defending this game? If I think this looks boring and like a rip-off isn't it my god given right to say so? Are you guys friends with the dev or what is going on here? Its not like I insulted your moms or anything....

Josh isn't our mommy - he's the daddy of us all, dude!

Kidding aside: maybe you should play the game before you start throwing around your completely preposterous allegations or prejudices. I can't see a rip-off here.

Last edited by Vovin; 11-21-2012 at 10:34 AM..
Old 11-21-2012, 11:02 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Also why is everyone defending this game? If I think this looks boring and like a rip-off isn't it my god given right to say so? Are you guys friends with the dev or what is going on here? Its not like I insulted your moms or anything...
To be honest, I'm not even defending this game in particular... I'm not even sure I'll buy it. The reason I spoke up is because copyright theft is a touchy subject around here. We see lots of blatant rip offs that genuinely need some kind of legal action taken against them, and we also see plenty of games that merely build on existing ideas without actually stealing anything. Both cases can be a huge hassle for well-meaning developers to have to deal with, and since we're such an indie-friendly bunch around these parts, we tend to stick up for the ones we don't believe have done any harm.

You're free to think what you like about any particular game, but throwing accusations around can be damaging to a developer's reputation, and they have a hard enough time getting their games seen as it is.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:04 AM

Send a message via MSN to JoshCM

there are similarities with this game and Kingdom Rush, but its not the same, and this game is based on Dwarves with awesome beards!