Hey everybody! This is Brett from Imago Games checking in to say thanks for checking out Partia, and also that we're working on compiling everybody's feedback to improve Partia: TBL as we speak.
I thought I'd take this time to ask a question that may shift the direction of a patch we're working on.
It's no secret that Partia was developed with 8-16 bit sensibilities in mind, and this is also reflected in the menu system and interface. While some people prefer this "classic" control scheme, we've realized in the past week that such a system may be best left to games with a directional pad and buttons (ie how the game displays in portrait mode!)
We are searching for a way to improve the game flow and experience with touch screens in mind. We want you, the players, to have a say in just what this means, and so here are the ideas we've had so far for your perusal/feedback:
- Tapping a unit a second time will immediately display where the unit may move as if you touched the "move" button. The menu would also still appear, minus "move."
- While in this "move" screen, tapping an enemy will display its vital stats (ie hp, level, class, name).
- Terrain info will also still be displayed for any selected tile when in "move" mode (it currently is visible at all other times).
- A "Cancel" button will be added to the screen (lower corner, possibly) that would always allow you to undo your last move, much like the "b" button in portrait mode.
- Unit level displayed along with other information on map screen (ie currently name, hp, terrain - no level.)
Please keep in mind that, despite the future tense, none of these features are currently in development. We're trying to gauge interest before we make any big changes/additions. If you have any other feedback not listed here, we'd be glad to hear it! You can either let us know in this forum or, if you want to track our progress, go to [URL="http://www.facebook.com/playimago"]here[/URL] to post on our Facebook page. Thanks again, guys, and hope those of you who have picked it up are enjoying Partia!