Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-27-2010, 09:51 PM

Wanted to leave a message here for 5DUC29 who left us a review in iTunes (Four Stars - Much Thanks!) asking about AGON Online leaderboards. They are still coming, however due to an extended crunch period at his full-time job the programmer hasn't been able to completely implement the new code yet.

As for the additional game modes, Grand Prix and Distance, we'll see them again some day. At this point, I don't know when. Hopefully our programmer's job lets up soon and he'll have time again to spend on developing the project. I know he's hyped about seeing the game on the iPad. So if all goes well, perhaps we'll have something together for the launch.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:55 PM

Wanted to leave this here as well.

He's going to be making an appearance in one of our Royal Court games, coming in less than 60 days.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:41 PM

Just a preemptive heads up to the TA faithful.

We're lowering the price of Synth Racing again to 99 cents tomorrow, (Friday and Saturday only) before pricing it back up to $4.99.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:28 PM

Has any of the Synth Racing faithful had the chance to play Guerilla Bob or Cogs yet? I was curious to know what people's impressions of Crystal is so far.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:31 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrWalrus View Post
Has any of the Synth Racing faithful had the chance to play Guerilla Bob or Cogs yet? I was curious to know what people's impressions of Crystal is so far.
Its alright, I've played Cogs & GB. Go for OF, Crystal still has ways to go.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek420 View Post
Its alright, I've played Cogs & GB. Go for OF, Crystal still has ways to go.
The main reason I ask is because I think Crystal is going to have a better system for challenging players. Which to me is quite important. Actually, it's one of the main things I've wanted in there from the beginning. I think once we can get players competing against each other, either individually or in team scenarios, the game will start to take better form.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:48 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
The main reason I ask is because I think Crystal is going to have a better system for challenging players. Which to me is quite important. Actually, it's one of the main things I've wanted in there from the beginning. I think once we can get players competing against each other, either individually or in team scenarios, the game will start to take better form.
I wasn't aware Crystal was going to have a good challenging system, I figured that's where OF was excelling. I really can't say for sure though, I'm an OF fanboy I don't really care for the other systems [although Crystal has probably gone to #2 on my list]

EDIT:

4k posts
Old 01-29-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek420 View Post
I wasn't aware Crystal was going to have a good challenging system, I figured that's where OF was excelling. I really can't say for sure though, I'm an OF fanboy I don't really care for the other systems [although Crystal has probably gone to #2 on my list]

EDIT:

4k posts
Whoa! congrats on 4k posts.

I think that's how they're planning on building out Crystal to be different than OF, which I love as well.. but to be honest AGON is pretty sweet too.. it's very much underrated in my book. I just wish more games that used it.

Anyway, here's what Chillingo says about challenges on their site

Quote:
Crystal powers asynchronous challenges. Challenge friends, post open challenges and view your position in global, national and local challenge ladders.
Should be cool once everyone gets time to develop their platforms. A year from now the landscape should be much evolved.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:03 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:

I think that's how they're planning on building out Crystal to be different than OF, which I love as well.. but to be honest AGON is pretty sweet too.. it's very much underrated in my book. I just wish more games that used it.

Should be cool once everyone gets time to develop their platforms. A year from now the landscape should be much evolved.
Thanks

Oh ok that is pretty cool. But yea Crystal is nice for a 1.0, I can definitely see it going places. The challenge aspect would be a nice change..

I can't stand AGON though, I really can't. I've heard that it's really easy to integrate, but, blah. Lol. The whole interface and etc just doesn't do it for me. I'm still disappointed Samurai: WOTW & Inkvaders went with AGON :/
Old 01-29-2010, 05:04 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:

Thanks

Oh ok that is pretty cool. But yea Crystal is nice for a 1.0, I can definitely see it going places. The challenge aspect would be a nice change..

I can't stand AGON though, I really can't. I've heard that it's really easy to integrate, but, blah. Lol. The whole interface and etc just doesn't do it for me. I'm still disappointed Samurai: WOTW & Inkvaders went with AGON :/