★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Jukebox ($0.99) - Music Quiz

06-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Jukebox ($0.99) - Music Quiz

iTunes Link ($0.99)

Description:

With Jukebox you can find out how well you know your music collection through an addictive, attractive music quiz.

Challenge yourself to better your highest score by identifying your songs as quickly as possible, or test your knowledge of a particular artist's work.

Jukebox's sleek wood design and extensive collection of statistics and highscores, such a 'longest streak', 'average score' or 'time played', mean you will find yourself instantly addicted.

Features:

- Play the Jukebox Quiz to test how quickly you can identify songs in your music collection.

- Choose a single artist in your library to test yourself on your favourites

- Keep track of how well you know your music by looking at the comprehensive list of statistics, including longest streak, top score and even time played.

- Compare how well you know a particular artist by checking out your World Ranking

- Beautiful wooden design makes Jukebox both a delight to play and look at.

Notes:

Please note that no music is included in this application, all music and related artwork is read straight from your personal music collection. All featured artwork remains the property of its respective owner.

You will need at least 50 songs in your library to play the Jukebox Quiz, and at least 8 of a particular artist to play the Artist Quiz.

Screenshots:

I've bought this and played through it and I have to say it is a really polished music quiz game. You can have a quiz on your whole music library or just from a single artist which is really good. I also like the way that you can't double tap the home button to see what track is playing *cough* Name That Tune *cough* which means it's more of a challenge. It is also multiple choice which is much better although unfortunately it also gives you the album artwork which can make it a bit easy.

I have posted some other comments in this thread.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!

Last edited by Palfince; 06-23-2009 at 03:18 PM.
06-23-2009, 07:48 PM
Questions:

What does it display if you don't have artwork for an album/song that's in its choices? Does it display text in the coverart box that gives artist/song title for that choice?

Does it give you an option to stop playing the game and listen to the full track that was just sampled in the latest question? (A nice option to have when you hear a sample clip from a song and then feel like listening to it.)
If so, can you pick up and resume the game you were playing when finished (or after exiting the app and starting it again)?

Does it have options for setting things like the length of the sample clip played?

Last edited by yacoub; 06-23-2009 at 07:52 PM.

06-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Begun, the (music quiz) clone wars have.

At least this one looks incredibly slick though. I think we've found the one that's going to be damn hard to beat. Won't be as nice looking for those who haven't groomed their playlists with cover art and stuff though. Still, nicely done.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
06-23-2009, 09:32 PM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
As one of the few who has obsessively groomed his iTunes collection, I can say this app is nice recreation of the music quiz on the iPod classic. Very slick, challenging, and accurate. You can even choose an artist and take a quiz on their music. This is solid and totally destroys "Name that Tune", considering it actually works, even though that one is free.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.
06-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yacoub View Post
Questions:

What does it display if you don't have artwork for an album/song that's in its choices? Does it display text in the coverart box that gives artist/song title for that choice?

Does it give you an option to stop playing the game and listen to the full track that was just sampled in the latest question? (A nice option to have when you hear a sample clip from a song and then feel like listening to it.)
If so, can you pick up and resume the game you were playing when finished (or after exiting the app and starting it again)?

Does it have options for setting things like the length of the sample clip played?
-It displays a generic cover all with the same text (Jukebox Your Music Quiz) so if you don't have album art it's a lot harder.
-No it doesn't.
-No it doesn't have options for setting the length though I wish it would. To me it goes just a little to fast.

06-23-2009, 09:45 PM
Thanks, appreciate the answers!
06-23-2009, 09:49 PM
There was one I played back in November / December which used the itunes music. Only thing was it played it 10 secs like this but impossible to ask a party of people since you could barely read all four choices in 10 seconds. So does this one give you 10 secs of play and give you time to answer the question? That one was free but was yanked form the store by the RIAA.
06-23-2009, 09:52 PM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
There was one I played back in November / December which used the itunes music. Only thing was it played it 10 secs like this but impossible to ask a party of people since you could barely read all four choices in 10 seconds. So does this one give you 10 secs of play and give you time to answer the question? That one was free but was yanked form the store by the RIAA.
No, definately not. It's a quick 5-10 seconds. A little hard to play with a party.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.
06-23-2009, 11:24 PM
Picked this up yesterday after spotting this thread. This is the music quiz app I've been waiting for. Great little app, nice to look at, easy to use and does what it says it will do!

Easily worth twice what they are charging for it. Posted a review in app store to help it along.

The only review showing in the app store atm is from someone who gave it one star and I quote "I hear music but see no quiz" ...must need to reboot his phone... Too bad he didn't reach out to the devs directly.

At any rate, a great app!

Rich