Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-14-2012, 08:51 AM

Default Pocket Festival - (by Chillingo Ltd)[Universal]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 11-14-2012 at 02:01 PM..
Old 11-14-2012, 02:20 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

It ran fine on my 5G touch, but for something I am a nut about (live music), I didn't much feel the game. Maybe I should give it another try but it was a freemium builder that I deleted in short order after seeing nothing but the usual mechanics.

So, points to the game for an original setting for a freemium builder, good animations, but nothing but raspberries for run of the mill brain dead design.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:45 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

I have to say I am quite enjoying this, although I only bought it this morning, the fifth band has just taken to the stage, I have enough tents for 240 people, and I have just bought the drinks stand.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:58 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesfish30 View Post
I have to say I am quite enjoying this, although I only bought it this morning, the fifth band has just taken to the stage, I have enough tents for 240 people, and I have just bought the drinks stand.
Yeah, if it works for you, it is a nicely original setting with a good deal of care into the art and animations. Mechanically, however, it's so simplistic and "been there, done that". I even reinstalled it and stuck with it past the point I deleted it the first time and... deleted it again. It's purely a matter of queuing up "farm plots" (either band bookings or stand supplies), unlocking more "farm plots" (more services and bands), and building "storage" structures for the current size of your "farm" (see what I'm getting at here). And even though you can queue up bands out the yin yang, you've got to actually check in while they're on stage to reap the XP bonus from booking them.

There's no meaningful choices, and the one teensy bit of risk in the game is strictly to push IAP*, so unless you find yourself attached to the setting, there's twenty or more equally competent freemium builders on the app store with nothing at all differentiating gameplay.

* The "play your own music through the app's music player to earn amps (the premium currency) was a good idea on paper. Unfortunately, in practice, it was poorly done. Notably, you can't leave the app and still have the music playing, so it winds up something you have to baby sit (and, no, clicking on floating stars endlessly is NOT gameplay enough to make baby sitting this game fun) to utilize.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:40 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

How do you buy more land and expand your festival? Can't figure it out :/