★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Most in-depth/immersive games?

06-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Most in-depth/immersive games?

Hi all,

Relatively new to iphone gaming, so I'd like to have some recommendations from you experts! I'm going to be doing a lot of traveling soon, so I'd like to get some games with some meat to them. I tend to prefer strategy-type games (I have UniWars) already, but will gladly appreciate any suggestions for in-depth, long-play games. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!
06-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Welcome the forum.

A few come to mind from various genres...

Defender Chronicles
Besiegement
ElementalMonstersTD
Zenonia
Quantum Collapse
PuzzleQuest
Real Racing
Baseball Slugger (trust me, this one surprised me)

06-23-2009, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albie View Post
Welcome the forum.

A few come to mind from various genres...

Defender Chronicles
Besiegement
ElementalMonstersTD
Zenonia
Quantum Collapse
PuzzleQuest
Real Racing
Baseball Slugger (trust me, this one surprised me)
Real Racing and Vector Tanks I think are the two Ipod games which "fully immerse" me! I literally hold the screen as close as I can to my face to further the immersion, and with said titles I can only say...WOW!!

My friend said to me, "I think the weather's trippy." I said, "No, man, it's not the weather that's trippy, perhaps it is the way that we perceive it that is indeed trippy." Then I thought, "Man, I should've just said, 'Yeah."CS.one R3DC3ll Faction-Join us or die...proud member of TheBeastlyNinja Epic-uber elite comedy crew
06-23-2009, 03:43 PM
RPG/RTS/Sim:
Warfare Inc. (Good RTS)
Zenonia (Best Selling RPG)
SimCity

Action Adventure:
Assassins Creed
Hero of Sparta (A favorite, Great Graphics)
Rolando

Racing:
Real Racing (NextGen iPhone Game - Everyone will agree, must buy)
Need For Speed
SlotZ

Sports:
Let's Golf
Real Soccer 09

Tower Defense:
Star Defense
Fieldrunners

Board Games:
Scrabble
Monopoly

--------------------------------------------------------------
Touch Arcade Developer's Group Coordinator
Follow me on Twitter

Guidelines To Offering & Receiving Services
06-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Tradewinds 2 is addicting, was up late into the night not able to put it down. Also from what I hear, Chocolatier. Might pick that one up later.

RogueTouch is a great game, along with Defender Chronicles.

No Sig
06-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutmike View Post
Tradewinds 2 is addicting, was up late into the night not able to put it down. Also from what I hear, Chocolatier. Might pick that one up later.

RogueTouch is a great game, along with Defender Chronicles.
Tradewinds 2 and Chocolatier are great time and resource management strategy games. Both are very addicting and should keep you busy for a while.
06-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Two games have sucked away hours of my life above all others, and start simple enough but have a lot of complexity to explore:

1. Defender Chronicles (ElementalMonster TD and 7 Cities are runners up--all three have some kind of RPG element)

2. Fantastic Contraption

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: “Adams Immersive”)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Organize with shapes and colors instead: DotSpace (Forum thread)
06-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Good lengthy games i recommend are:

- PuzzleQuest (where puzzle meets a very very in-depth RPG. very long and fun game with high replayability and so much you can do.)
- Real Racing (the best racing sim you can get...Beautiful graphics, High replayability and very lengthy gameplay)
- Star Defense (Great graphics and a very eye catching 3-D Tower Defense. pretty lengthy and good replayability)
- Baseball Superstars (Recommend even if your not a fan of baseball...Comical graphics, several game modes, a lot of unlockables, and a ton of replayability)
- Brothers in Arms (This game is solid. Military game like call of duty. My favorite 3rd person shooter to date on touch.)
- Peggle (Extremely addicting game)

All of these games have great replayability and are good diverse choices to start out with.

Last edited by GodSon; 06-23-2009 at 04:27 PM.
06-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Depth? Something like Zenonia or PuzzleQuest I'm sure.

Immersive? DinoSmash online - hands down. I get completely lost in that game. Hours pass by, my phone dies... it's fantastic.
06-23-2009, 04:54 PM
I'd recommend Slay, it has a lite version too.

Its a really good strategy game, and runs great on iDevices.

Rogue Touch is a great RPG and I recommend this one also !

Rixx