Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games > Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals

Old 11-21-2012, 11:38 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by repapermunky View Post
I'm not referring to the fact that they went free for thanksgiving. I'm flat out saying that they needed to go free anyway, and thanksgiving was the perfect excuse to do so. That's not saying it's a bad game (still haven't played), but I do know that it definitely didn't get the big response expected.
Yeah, I gotcha. I was about to buy the game at a buck on sale, but all the other thanksgiving day sales and getting sonic ep 2 on sale, distracted me enough that when I came back here, it was free.

I bought zaxxon escape knowing that it too would probably go free soon too cause I like motion games.

But yeah, two apps that I bought last week on release went free this week, so kind of glad i got this app for free instead of getting burned 3 times in one week as an early adopter.

Anyway, on to the game, be back with my impressions!
Old 11-22-2012, 12:28 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Well, not surprised at all that it went free based on the main thread. What I am surprised at is that I actually like the game! Yes, it definitely screams freemium with the sloooooow pace of getting coins/upgrades. But it's kind of fun and not as annoying as I expected as far as the camera/controls.

No, I don't give my blessing as far as the way the whole pushy IAP, cash-in on Stan Lee vibe thing goes (frankly, I'm not someone who thinks Stan Lee is God and must own anything he puts his name to).

I haven't played it enough to see how wearing it gets as far as the "grind" goes. But I may actually decide to spring for the coin doubler if I continue to like it. And I'm not cheap waiting for this to go "free". But that's the way the game seems like it should have been to begin with -- freemium.

Worth a download if nothing else.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:34 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Glad I resisted, not because its free but because it really is pretty terrible. I just played 2 games. First one had me dead while still in the clouds. I used the free 2000G to upgrade health&armor. Second game I made it through the core and saved the earth. That would be good then the repeat began to play through it again but slightly harder. It was stacked Against me. The character is just too much in the way to see what is coming and the controls aren't great for quick moves.

The kick in the nuts part came after the game. I saved the earth but I only earned about 250G. The payout is way too low and the game is way too short before the repeat. The last driver and subway surfers blow this game way out of the water.

Still it's free, judge for yourself. For me, it just isn't a game I can see putting any serious time in with.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:52 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

It's alright. The graphics were a little disappointing, but the game controls really well and has a good sense of motion. Plays more like sky gnomes more than ahhhhhhhh! due to the joystick throttle like controls. Definitely worth downloading. Recommended!
Old 11-22-2012, 01:06 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Almost bought this, but glad I waited after reading the impressions. Gonna check it out now!
Old 11-22-2012, 01:16 AM

Downloaded, played, deleted.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:06 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
It's alright. The graphics were a little disappointing, but the game controls really well and has a good sense of motion. Plays more like sky gnomes more than ahhhhhhhh! due to the joystick throttle like controls. Definitely worth downloading. Recommended!
Yup the controls are fantastic, but it doesnt have the most detailed graphics.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:40 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

It's ok, but it's a bit of a rip off of sky gnomes tho.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:50 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramon31 View Post
It's ok, but it's a bit of a rip off of sky gnomes tho.
Nowadays, everything's a ripoff of something.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:52 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

For me I wish this had tilt controls just like Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa then it would be a cool game because I don't like current virtual stick.