★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Finally a game with Attitude and Ball...

Enter the world of Balbarian a yesteryear hero with the body of a sphere and the mind of a Barbarian.

Join him on his epic journey to reclaim what is rightfully his a treasured beer mug (Stein), as he squashes, smashes and crashes through;

27 engaging levels!
In 4 Epic environments!

All rolled into one mother of a journey with lots of challenges and fun to be had along the way.

Great environment interaction and adventure!
Lots of puzzles and deadly traps
4 huge and hilarious bosses
The hero is Balbarian and he is the weapon of choice...well the only weapon you'll need with his amazing RAGE ability
Use Balbarian's face to smash through walls, villages and his body to squash those who stand in his way
Collectible objects hidden throughout the levels
Simple swipe controls
Great fun for all ages 12 and up
With hours of classic, old fashioned game play this is a game you can't finish in an hour or buy your way to victory
Original game play mechanics
Adjustable graphics
Great on iPad 2 & 3
Oh did we mention...

If you want a classic game which will put hair on your chest and will put your fingers to the ultimate test then Balbarian is for you!

If you like puzzle, action, adventure and traditional story driven game play with a modern twist then this 'made for mobile' game is for you!

This entire game has been a labour of love for its two developers Federico and James who teamed up in March 2011 to create their first App. The Balbarian is the end result but the game is only the beginning of a life long journey in developing games. Find out more about the game and it two creators on the Balbarians Facebook Page.

Published by Bow Art Pty Ltd

With your support we aim to keep improving and refining the Balbarian into the best game it can be. We want as much feed back as possible and would love to hear your suggestions and ideas.

10-27-2012, 12:19 AM
Looks pretty fun. I'll be interested to read anyone's impressions if they get this.

10-27-2012, 05:11 AM
Looks fun Kinda like Crazy Hedgy, but I have like close to 5$ left so I'll wait for impressions... I really hope Sanuku sees this thread xD

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
10-27-2012, 08:37 AM
It's a good, earnest effort. Not really like Crazy Hedgy; more like Gears with a fixed perspective and a combat mechanic. The controls (swipe-based) could be tighter, but otherwise the gameplay is decent. Level design is pretty good, too, with well-placed checkpoints and a varied obstacles.

I'm not saying "wow," but considering that it's the work of a small team (and that it has no IAP) I feel good about supporting the game.

NOTE: I should add that there is a bit of Zelda in the game, too, especially with the environmental puzzles and even the combat. I'm actually enjoying it more as I make my way past the first few levels.

Last edited by squarezero; 10-27-2012 at 08:52 AM.
10-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the impressions. still not sure about this
10-27-2012, 10:50 PM
It's not quite what I expected, but it does sound very solid. Thanks for your thoughts about it, SZ.
11-22-2012, 11:23 PM
Balbarian price drop

Hey the price for the Balbarian has dropped to .99