★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iMaschine $4.99---->.99 cents

11-23-2012, 12:58 AM
iMaschine $4.99---->.99 cents

Sorry, posting this from my phone and sorry if its already been posted already. Native Instruments' iMaschine is now .99 cents for Thanksgiving. I love this app and anybody in to production should jump on this. Its great for getting ideas down outside of the studio. My buddy and I use it for one shots in dj sets on the iPad. Its a pretty serious sound tool! Know there are some music lovers on the forums. Happy thanksgiving to all btw!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imaschine/id400432594?mt=8
11-23-2012, 01:38 AM
It's awesome, especially at this price but no audio copy lets it down.

Favourite games: Shadowgun, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Asphalt 7, Dead Space, The Dark Knight Rises, N.O.V.A. 3, Deus Ex: The Fall, Call Of Duty: Strike Team, Gangstar, Bejeweled, Fairway Solitaire.

11-23-2012, 02:56 AM
Yeah its a little strange that a company like native instruments would leave that feature out. Never been a problem for me since I mainly use it for basic idea sketching. Never got in to using apps like nanostudio or anything. Always just liked using my desktop and sampling ideas in live 8. If you DO use nanostudio, you can grab the .wav files you exported from iMaschine to iTunes in to nanostudio using nanosync. Kind of a hassle, I know :/
11-23-2012, 10:56 AM
It is cool. I replaced the metronome with a silent wav and it's even better!

Favourite games: Shadowgun, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Asphalt 7, Dead Space, The Dark Knight Rises, N.O.V.A. 3, Deus Ex: The Fall, Call Of Duty: Strike Team, Gangstar, Bejeweled, Fairway Solitaire.
11-23-2012, 11:49 AM
On the fence about grabbing this one... Should I get it?
11-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
On the fence about grabbing this one... Should I get it?
Ummm difficult to say. I'd imagine the only people who'll really dig it already knew about it and like all that Native Instruments, Ableton stuff anyway. If that's your thing I'd get it. If you're not really into drum machines and synths I'd pass.

11-23-2012, 02:00 PM
Does it work well with FL Studio? Some say it works well with Ableton, but not sure of FL. This is really cool though, I always wanted Maschine or at least Mikro, but this would be nice too if it will work

Btw, NI is just awesome. FM8 & Massive <3

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
11-23-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Does it work well with FL Studio? Some say it works well with Ableton, but not sure of FL. This is really cool though, I always wanted Maschine or at least Mikro, but this would be nice too if it will work
If you want to make loops for FL Studio while you're out and about or sat on the sofa then yeah you'll love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Btw, NI is just awesome. FM8 & Massive <3
Yeah man. Traktor's the bomb

11-23-2012, 04:30 PM
As callmericardo said, it is great for making sounds that you can then sample in FL studio. It isn't a controller like its big brother the Maschine.
11-23-2012, 05:13 PM
Hmm... Saw some videos for this on YouTube, I think I'm gonna bite the bullet! I'm gonna take the plunge!

EDIT: Ah, and now I'm undecided again. I read in the description it required iOS 5?

Last edited by ninjackid; 11-23-2012 at 05:21 PM.