★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pinball: Revenge of the Rob-O-Bot [Universal] [$2.99 → $0.99]

11-23-2012, 01:29 AM
Pinball: Revenge of the Rob-O-Bot [Universal] [$2.99 → $0.99]

Revenge of the Rob-O-Bot, one of the very best pinball tables in the App Store, has just been discounted to $0.99. It was a steal at $2.99. At this price itís a no-brainer.

See the forum threads at TouchArcade and at Pinball Arcade Fans to see what Iím talking about. Itís getting universal acclaim. Or check out the gameís website. You might not know Color Monkey yet, but youíre probably familiar with developer Andersí old company: Illusion Labs. His work here is just as good, and this table is better than a lot of the tables that are coming out of Zen and Farsight. So do yourself a favor and check it out. This app deserves to succeed. We need more tables from these guys.

Teaser Trailer

Launch Trailer

Gameplay Video

Last edited by HerbertKornfeld; 11-23-2012 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Added gameplay video
11-23-2012, 03:14 AM
Damn, it's always sad seeing a fantastic app goes on sale so soon. The App Store can be brutal sometimes. :/ I was pretty much on the fence about getting this a couple of days ago because I'm not too "in sync" with realistic pinball games, but I guess there's absolutely no reason for me not to support the developers now. Really looking forward to it.

EDIT: Alright, the second you start playing, you start to understand why the folk in the main game thread are gushing all over Rob-O-Bot. It's fantastic. I may still have the faintest clue about pinball in general, or how to complete missions, etc...but this makes me want to know more. It's gorgeous, feels great and is just such a well-rounded off package. This is legitimately theft at this price. Oh...and how is awesome is that icon?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 11-23-2012 at 04:15 AM.

11-23-2012, 04:07 AM
I missed this totally, it's been very well done. Nicely designed, beautifully rendered, will support next table app for sure.
11-23-2012, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Damn, it's always sad seeing a fantastic app goes on sale so soon. The App Store can be brutal sometimes. :/ I was pretty much on the fence about getting this a couple of days ago because I'm not too "in sync" with realistic pinball games, but I guess there's absolutely no reason for me to support the developers now. Really looking forward to it.
I bought it yesterday at full price and this is one of the rare moments i'm totally fine with a price drop so soon. At this moment i only see 139 players in GC and ofcourse i don't know how much people are actually playing but that can't be very good. This is one of the best pinball tables in the app store,if not the best and it would be a real shame if bad sales would prevent them from giving us more tables. Go download,it's awesome!

Some beavers are hiding, some beavers are invisible, some are moving and some are just plain elusive and then there are the 'Beavers in Disguise'.
11-23-2012, 04:35 AM
Almost shockingly good. An absolute must-get for anyone who even slightly likes pinball, and just a great iOS game app.
11-23-2012, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krautboy View Post
I bought it yesterday at full price and this is one of the rare moments i'm totally fine with a price drop so soon. At this moment i only see 139 players in GC and ofcourse i don't know how much people are actually playing but that can't be very good. This is one of the best pinball tables in the app store,if not the best and it would be a real shame if bad sales would prevent them from giving us more tables. Go download,it's awesome!
I see you quoted me before I managed to fix my silly typo about not supporting the developers (should have been "no reason not to support the developers"), but yeah...this is also one of those rare moments I legitimately wish I bought this earlier at $2.99.

The game's just a pleasure to play and I'm "getting it" (finally)...it's definitely hard, but it's also really hard to put down. Safe to say I hope they keep making more tables, because I'll be buying every single one from here on out.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
11-23-2012, 08:40 AM
Damn I never knew this came out, I really like NI's tables, the physics are always top notch. Im getting this but it sad that a surely fine pinball table as gone unnoticed till now.

Ill post impressions when I have a chance to play but at a buck and having played all of their other tables I can safely say that every ios pinball fan should just trust NI quality and throw their bucks at them.

edit: played a couple of games and liked it, it has more polish than their other tables but one thing is lacking is camera options. i play pinball on my ipad always and prefer a static camera view but NI tables dont give this option so you have to play with the dynamic camera which isnt really my cup of tea.

Its not a deal breaker by any means but as a personal preference its something that would greatly increase my enojyment from all their tables.

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion

Last edited by MeanTuna; 11-23-2012 at 08:52 AM.
11-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Excellent game. I'm not a big pinball person, and I tend to prefer video game like pinball games to realistic ones...but I'm really liking this game so far.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
11-24-2012, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
Excellent game. I'm not a big pinball person, and I tend to prefer video game like pinball games to realistic ones...but I'm really liking this game so far.
Same here. I couldn't help downloading when I found out that Anders worked on it.
Really great fun and it just feels right. Highly recommended.

GameCenter : amusingGrace
Feel free to add me

Last edited by amusing Grace; 11-24-2012 at 03:41 PM.
11-24-2012, 05:30 PM
Ok...OKAY! I get it. I'm buying it now. LOVE virtual pinball, never so much real pinball (always lost my balls fairly quickly, not to mention pinball, at my age, usually cost more to play than arcade machines). I do love real pinball machine simulations (as well as fantasy tables).

I think the last table I lasted more than 2 minutes at in real life was Elvira.