★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Galactic Gunner by Ezone is OUT (0.99)

06-23-2009, 11:24 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Galactic Gunner by Ezone is OUT (0.99)

Listen up Cadet! This is your Captain speaking. You are the Gunner - leave the flying to me!

Galactic Gunner is a new space shooter from Ezone.com - developed by the Edis brothers Jamie and Simon from Australia. They decided to make the space game they’ve always wanted to play: no difficult flying controls, no gettting lost in space, no hits from behind, no complex instructions to wade through — just eye-popping 3D action from the get go!

In Galactic Gunner you shoot down targets by touching the screen. Your pilot is a seasoned veteran who handles the steering (and audio commentary) so you can concentrate on the fun part: destroying any targets that cross your path!

Galactic Gunner has something for all ages and skill levels, with intuitive but challenging game-play. Your skill and accuracy (not just trigger/tap-happy luck) will earn you one of 15 different medals — do you have what it takes to earn the 'SuperNova Supreme'?

And if you are looking for a great way to show off your iPhone, then look no further! The dynamic lighting, real-time 3D graphics and effects of Galactic Gunner will amaze you and blow your friends away!

- Eye-popping real-time 3D graphics
- Something for all ages and skill levels
- Cinematic camera angles and cut-scenes
- 7 challenging missions to unlock
- 15 different medals to earn
- Humorous salute to classic sci-fi movies and games
- Full dramatic soundtrack
- Over 200 lines of entertaining audio dialog
- Touch controls
- 3D menu system
- Dynamic 3D lighting and effects
- 3 game save slots
- Vibration feedback (iPhone only)

TouchArcade.com describes Galactic Gunner as: "an exciting flight through asteroid fields, battling the menacing Trepidoids, flying inside of a colossal space station, and other scenes reminiscent of classic science fiction movies."

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

Last edited by eggzbacon; 06-30-2009 at 10:52 AM.
06-23-2009, 11:27 PM
Only $.99...tempting, but I'm not sure about their on-rails gameplay approach

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein

06-23-2009, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
It's actually pretty fun and can be challenging.
Downloading now.

06-23-2009, 11:29 PM
What?!? Isn't it early?

06-23-2009, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Their pitch-shifted narrator isn't helping matters either.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
i dont like the creepy voice on the video >_<

but might pick the game up

yslandia- bruce lee. plus+/openfeint-sundance kid. gamecenter-hitmonleeurface
currently playing: yslandia, mega worm,bit trip beat,meow meow happy fight, zombie highway,monster dash,eboy fixpix,land air sea warfare.
Originally Posted by The Bat Outta Hell View Post
What?!? Isn't it early?
Enough images were posted to get it released :P
06-23-2009, 11:32 PM
Maybe they couldn't take anymore negative publicity =P

06-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Galactic Gunner Review by Skamando

Touchshooter: Galactic Gunner - Ezone
Price: $.99
Lite: NA
Played On: iPhone 3G
Rating: 8.5/10
Discussion Thread Most Legitimate Discussion Thread ATM

Due to the very exciting pre-release promo code hunt here at TA, I was rewarded a promo code before Ezone's Galactic Gunner release. Here is a a brief review for those who are interested.

Galactic Gunner is a touch-to-shoot Sci-Fi action game. You play the role of a rookie gunner on a space fighter defending the galaxy from the evil invasion of the Trepidoids. The game plays out very cinematically. You have no control over your ships direction, only when and where your ship fires. You merely touch the screen to fire your lasers. This may sound boring to some, but, I find it exhilarating. The game is very action packed, and your ship zooming around and veering left and right makes the game very engaging. To me, it feels like a little simplified version of Star Fox, and just as fun. A thing that may remind me of Star Fox is your wingmen's constant interference and intrusion on screen, so you will have to watch your fire, or assist them.

The graphics are very nice. Detailed and smooth, my iPhone 3G runs them great without any lag or skipping. The presentation is clean and responsive. The break down of each battle is perfectly in-depth, and contain's icons that looks suspiciously similar to the stars in Crazy Snowboard.

There is a ranking system, which is based on your performance in game. There is also a points system based on target completion, and accuracy, so you can't just go tapping away willy-nilly. This adds a level of challenge, as having 100% accuracy is difficult and shooting a few too many times can make you unable to move on to the next level, because you need a certain amount of points to reach each level.

There is a good level of humor in this game. It keeps it from being too serious, which is nice. It feels like it's poking fun at itself and games of a similar style. There are many lines of over-the-top cheesy dialogue, which I found myself chuckling inwardly at as i blasted the Trepidoids who spouted them. This attitude is always something I admire, and so, I liked this game just a little bit more.

The funny thing is, as Ezone is an Australian developer, all of the MANY lines of voice acting have Australian accents, and there are many Australian colloquialisms mixed in to the menus and dialogue. Your ranks, which you attain through excellent performance, are even named after Australian terms. I find this particularly amusing, as I am good friends with an Australian and happen to know all of the slang.

The game's length, is however, irritating. The game is extremely engaging over the six major levels, however that really is all there is. There certainly is a fine amount of replay value for score improvement, but I don't think that's enough. There is a bonus level designed to keep you coming back, but I found it to be too predesigned to have much replay value. I would have been happier with a randomized series of attacks from Trepidoids than the "wormhole" level provided.

Overall, I give this game a 8.5 out of 10.

It has a good bit of fun and humor, and it looks great, feels good, and has a pleasing level of challenge. however it is rather short. If you like arcade shooters and are into cheesy Sci-Fi, I'm sure you will love this. And, at only $.99 (on its release), I would suggest it to anyone.

The Trepidoid's Will Rule The Universe!

Things that should be included in an update:
- Online Scoring system.
- More levels.
06-23-2009, 11:39 PM
As one of the winners of the pre-release codes, I recommend this game whole-heartedly. Sure, it's short, but quality over quantity.