★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Fish Heroes by Craneball Studios $0.99 -> FREE

11-24-2012, 03:14 AM
Fish Heroes by Craneball Studios $0.99 -> FREE

Game Center: sink_or_swim
11-24-2012, 08:44 AM
At first it was good, but then it stared getting really tedious, and with so much "Like in Facebook to unlock levels" I ended up deleting it... but free it doesn't hurt to try, see for yourself

11-24-2012, 09:36 AM
great

It's great that Fish Heroes is FREE, game is really awesome and funny.
11-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
At first it was good, but then it stared getting really tedious, and with so much "Like in Facebook to unlock levels" I ended up deleting it... but free it doesn't hurt to try, see for yourself
Omg.. But "Like on Facebook" isnīt conditions for playing! It is only for more(3 levels) levels. Basic level packs with 130 stages is free without any conditions.
11-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anims View Post
Omg.. But "Like on Facebook" isnīt conditions for playing! It is only for more(3 levels) levels. Basic level packs with 130 stages is free without any conditions.
For some folks it's unexceptable to put level in that can only be unlocked through Facebook or twitter or whatever. I'd be one of those folks that frown on it as well simply because it penalizes me for choosing not to be on those sites.
11-24-2012, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
For some folks it's unexceptable to put level in that can only be unlocked through Facebook or twitter or whatever. I'd be one of those folks that frown on it as well simply because it penalizes me for choosing not to be on those sites.
^This^

Whether it's 1 or 100 levels, that kind of tactic is basically a guaranteed "not even bothering to try it for free" for me...

DBC

I could never give up.
11-25-2012, 12:56 AM
^^ Another likewise. It's a lame hook and I'm not signing up for Facebook.
11-25-2012, 03:48 AM
Can't you just ignore them?
Look around, all free game have something like this!(and much worse) This is another way how developer can communicate to you. And if you donīt want to use, you lost only 6% of all levels in game. Another way is fake account if you want this.
11-25-2012, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
It's either a bonus or a penalty, it can't be both. Getting something as a bonus doesn't mean you're being penalized if you don't get it, it means you're getting the regular experience. Requiring Facbook to unlock the core game would be a penalty, but if you ask me, this is additional content.

Groove Coaster Zero awards you extra tracks if you bought the original game. Does this mean everyone else is being penalized for not buying it? Ubisoft titles award unlockable extras for participating in uPlay, coffee stores offer discounts for being a member, grocery stores offer deals on certain combinations of items, parking in certain areas is only free between specific times, sporting events might only be available to people with specific TV packages.

Once you start speaking out against deals and incentives, you're pretty much attacking everything, so good luck with that. It's a lot faster to set up a fake Facebook account with no personal details on it and just use it for posting garbage from within games. You won't have "sold out" to "the man", you'll be as normal as everyone else on the planet.
11-25-2012, 08:57 AM
I'm not a fan of facebook, though I have done things to get some rewards. I just un"like" or delete my shares or whatever afterward.