Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 11-24-2012, 12:23 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSilock View Post
I know theres the DS and the PS vita, but do any of you see your 'i' device as a decent alternative or do you feel it doesn't match up to some of these dedicated machines yet?
Yes. My iPod (and now my iPad) have been my portable gaming platforms of choice since getting my first 2nd gen touch. But I should probably add that I was out of gaming for about 10+ years (the last major console I owned before getting my 2nd gen touch was an N64) - I do have a couple of GameBoy Advance SP's, an original GameBoy, and now a PS 2 and Wii in the living room (though I don't use those, they're mainly used by the kids) - and also an NES, Dreamcast, SNES and SEGA, but those are under my bed and I rarely take them out.

Also, my daughter has a Nintendo DSi and my nephew (who lives a couple houses up the street) has a Vita and Windows Phone, and though I occasionally will check out games when they want me to, I'm never really that interested in them.

Over the last year I've had a couple of chances to buy used XBOX 360's and PS3's from friends and co-workers, but have passed on it. Mainly because there's not many console games I want to play now-a-days, and if there are, they're usually released for the PC as well (the last big name games I played were Borderlands 2, Dead Space 2 and FEAR 3) - so I don't really see the point in getting a console.

I should also say that I've become VERY spoiled with the AppStore's games and prices, and with so many great games available so insanely cheap, it's hard to convince myself that getting a Vita, 3DS or even a big console would be worth it when even at used game pricing, I could pick up 10 times the games for the same price in the AppStore.

Anyway... sorry for the lengthy response. But yes... I know there aren't many of us, but my iPod/iPad is my main portable gaming device, as well as my main ALL-AROUND gaming device, and I have no intentions of that changing any time soon. =oP
Old 11-24-2012, 12:45 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Yup, same here. My iPod touch solves all my portable gaming needs. Heck, I hardly even play console games any more thanks to my iPod touch. Like others said above me, so many great games on the App Store for such great prices, there's nothing else I could need!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:51 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Definitely. Other than Mortal Kombat, Catherine and just recently WWE 13 and Batman: Arkham City, my PS3 has done nothing but sit packed away nicely in my closet for just about a year since I last had played with it. That said...iOS gaming may or may not have made me appreciate console gaming more, because I'm having a blast playing the 2 aforementioned games a hell of a lot more than I have most recent iOS games.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:57 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to Pman

I play a lot of Xbox live. I love to play AC3, Halo 4, and Black Ops 2. You see I love playing multiplayer online games, they just excite me, so that's why my iPhone is not my number 1 playing device, but most definitely my number 2.

And someone in this thread I forgot who mentioned that his iPhone was his favorite because it actually is 'portable' and is always with you. I think that is a good thing to point out.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:23 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to dariusjr98

Before I had my beloved iPhone 4 8GB, I had a PSP. I still do, I I loved it SO much. I really felt special to me because I bought it on my own with my hard-earned money. I bought a lot of games for it on my own as well, and I would play them ALL the time. Then, for my 14th birthday, I got my iPhone 4. I had NO idea hat I was missing out on befor I got it, and I now use it for everything. Now, I very rarely play my PSP. I still plan on getting a Vita, and I hope I can get a 4S 64GB, because 8GB is not enough for all the games I've bought and downloaded over the year.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:34 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

It always has been and always will be.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:28 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

@the guy who made the thread: you are asking this on the wrong forum lol. The answer is quite expected.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:29 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I love my new ipad and iphone 4. They have made me happier than any console or portable that I have had in the past. I wouldn't trade them for a ps3, xbox 360, or playstation vita.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:46 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

It's Become my gaming device of choice. Not just portable. I don't even play any of my old systems anymore.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:58 AM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

It's become an alternative, but not my handheld of choice. Not even close.