Support our Sponsors:

Old 10-18-2012, 05:54 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Default Duo Gamer (controller)

When I was unable to find one of these, Discovery Bay sent me one. I wanted a Duo Gamer because I have all of the supported GameLoft games and have struggled with the touch screen controls on all FPS.

The controller is actually pretty awesome, well built and works flawlessly with the supported games. My skills jumped way up in Nova 3 for example simpy because I am use to controllers for FPS.

The stand is sturdy and really ties the package together nicely.

Whether it is worth $80 or not is up to the user, I would have gladly paid that price if I could have found one.

As new Gameloft games come out, I hope they will support the Duo. If anyone has questions, I would be happy to answer.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:04 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

What do you mean sent it? For free? Just like that? How? Why? Where?
Old 10-18-2012, 07:18 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Does it work with iPhone?
Old 10-18-2012, 09:36 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
What do you mean sent it? For free? Just like that? How? Why? Where?
I was looking for one and I posted on their FaceBook page that I was having trouble locating one. They sent me a free controller, received it today and have been having a lot of fun with it.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:09 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

So jealous! I've actually been looking for one as well and haven't found one.

Does it pair up wit the idevice as easily as the icade does? How are the analog sticks/triggers? Does it work with iPhones/iPods?

Also, when you play with the controller, do the on screen controls still show up or do they disappear?

Sorry for all of the questions, I was actually interested in this controller as I actually enjoy Gameloft games and the controller would be great.

Last edited by MicroByte; 10-18-2012 at 10:12 PM..
Old 10-18-2012, 10:36 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroByte View Post
So jealous! I've actually been looking for one as well and haven't found one.

Does it pair up wit the idevice as easily as the icade does? How are the analog sticks/triggers? Does it work with iPhones/iPods?

Also, when you play with the controller, do the on screen controls still show up or do they disappear?

Sorry for all of the questions, I was actually interested in this controller as I actually enjoy Gameloft games and the controller would be great.

Works with iPhone, touch or iPad. I have only tried it on the iPad but it is pretty nice. Yes, this connects really easy just like icade. The supported games recognize the controller and it works great. Order and Chaos is probably the least impressive but it still works, this controller is really perfect for FPS.

Seems like the on screen controls are still there but I would have to check.

The controller itself is awesome, really nice weight to it, all of the buttons are super responsive. The only odd part of the controller is the bottom edges, seems like they could have been rounded a little more for comfort.

I got all of the supported Gameloft games at .99, that is why I didn't mind that is was going to be $80. However, i think it would be a smart move on their part to include codes for all five games at that price point.

If Gameloft keeps supporting the controller, especially for FPS, I will be very happy. I am just way better with a controller and it makes the experience much more fun. The stand is surprisingly cool as well, kind of makes the iPad like a portable monitor.

Target and Best Buy were suppose to already be carrying these, I went in to the stores by me several times and they thought I was crazy.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:14 AM

Why didn't you order it from amazon or apple?
Old 10-19-2012, 12:10 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Thanks for answering my questions Bazooka. Still keeping an eye out for it so hopefully I find it someday.

One thing I thought would be kinda cool is if it had some type of mount so that you could mount the iPhone/iPod touch to the controller so it was right in front and actually mounted to the controller.

Might have to hack something together to make this happen...
Old 10-19-2012, 01:18 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by handintoaster View Post
Why didn't you order it from amazon or apple?

When I was looking for it, there we no links yet for the product online. The company had mentioned they had seen them on Target shelves and that Best Buy was also carrying them, so I figured it was just a matter of walking in and picking one up.

Amazon has shown out of stock (this could have changed recently) since release.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:22 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Just to clarify because I don't think I did a very good job in my first post. Supported games are two things right now. Nova 3, Asphalt 7 and Order are working, The other two games are waiting for their updates. The box lists all five, so that is a little misleading. I knew only three worked because I had watched a bunch of reviews, a lot of people will more than likely not know this.