★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Egg-laying, duck-billed, beaver-tailed, otter footed mammals... And venomous! Yes, platypus are already odd by nature. What would happen if mutations started happening to them? Find out in Platypus Evolution!

From the minds that brought you Cow Evolution and forever changed the way you see bovines, comes a new game that somehow manages to be even crazier and more nonsensical.

Thats one dam awesome game! - Beaver Bill
There once was a beaver, who fell in love with a duck. From this forbidden love the platypus was born. - Platystoteles

We can all agree that platypus are unique creatures. They swim. They lay eggs. They have beaks. They are mammals. They have venom. I mean, theyre just plain bizarre already. What the heck would happen if some of them go through hardcore mutations?

Play God and turn already weird creatures into even weirder ones! Mix, match, combine and evolve regular platypus to God-knows-what new species of platypus and take over the world and BEYOND!

HOW TO PLAY
Drag and drop similar platypus to create new mysterious creatures
Use platypus poop coins to buy new creatures and make even more money
Alternatively, fiercely tap a platypus to make coins pop when platypus poop

HIGHLIGHTS
4 different stages and many platypus species to discover
A mind-blowing story yet untold
The unexpected mix of alpaca-like evolution, 2048 and incremental clicker games
Doodle-like illustrations
Five possible endings: find your destiny
No platypus were harmed in the making of this game, only developers

Play with mutations with a head start. Download now and have fun in Platypus Evolution!

Disclaimer: While this App is completely free to play, some additional content can be purchased for real money in-game. If you do not want to use this feature, please turn off in-app purchases in your device's settings.

Like our page on Facebook and be the first to know about our upcoming games and updates! http://fb.com/tappshq

felipewatanabe's comments:
Hello! Following Cow Evolution, we've just released for iOS a sequel called Platypus Evolution. We realized that if we're talking about mutations, platypus were definitely the way to go. lol.

We made some improvements over Cow Evolution and I think the artwork is even funnier in this one. What's not to love about platypus? Crazy beings..

Well, let me know what you think! Any feedback is welcome, as always!

12-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Seems like a cute game. My GF has a liking for platypusses thanks to that Phineas & Ferb cartoon.
Are you guys coming to Android?

Edit: Whoops, 2 minutes later I answer myself: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...typusevolution

12-11-2014, 01:49 PM
What a bizarre, fun little game!
12-16-2014, 12:55 PM
Thanks! Glad you like it!

If you're into clickers, we're about to release a new one for iOS.
It's already out for Android, called "Money Tree". Funny game!

http://tappsgames.com/app/money-tree/

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobaferret View Post
What a bizarre, fun little game!
01-19-2015, 01:20 AM
Very much fun. Quite like the humour in the news headlines. Bought the IAP to remove the ads as you provided me with many hours of mindless, but enjoyable tapping. Enjoyed the different mutations, and background music.

Thanks for creating such a quirky and fun time waster!

BTW, after you've revealed all of the Platypedia entries, is there anything else left to discover?
01-19-2015, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the support, much appreciated! Have you recreated the universe? You can find new platypi gods if you start over, you also get some perks!

Actually, we're just finishing its new update with some really cool stuff. I believe it should be up on the App Store by the end of this month.

You can also play Cow Evolution! It's like Platypus, but we're developing them apart with exclusive features for each one. Cow will have an update released by the end of this week, it will have an even deeper gameplay. And a surprise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepVsGravity View Post
Very much fun. Quite like the humour in the news headlines. Bought the IAP to remove the ads as you provided me with many hours of mindless, but enjoyable tapping. Enjoyed the different mutations, and background music.

Thanks for creating such a quirky and fun time waster!

BTW, after you've revealed all of the Platypedia entries, is there anything else left to discover?
03-15-2015, 11:13 AM
Very fun. Better than cow but not saying cow was bad, it was fun to