• Publisher: Sean Noonan
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 45.5 MB
  • Version: 3.0.0.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Jump in the shoes of Jack B. Nimble and master the whip in this Game Boy styled auto runner.

Leap and dash across spooky hilltops, whipping candles as you go. Use tall grass to slow down and stay in control of the action, but remember to watch out for trees! With a score system based on player accuracy and distance travelled, timing and skill are key to achieving a position atop the scoreboard.

Features:

- A high speed side-scrolling endless runner
- Retro 8-bit / Game Boy visuals
- Single input control scheme - jump and whip!
- Thumping chip tune soundtrack by Barry "Epoch" Topping
- Multiple characters and levels
- Game Center enabled leaderboards

Coming soon:

- More levels
- More characters
- Game Center achievements
- Unlockable colour palettes
10-01-2014, 10:14 AM
How in the bloody hell hasn't this thread blown up? Holy crap...if any game deserves attention, it's this! I'm talking the same calibur as Canabalt here. This is like a delicious mix between Canabalt (simple yet perfect auto-runner with no frickin' ads or IAPs), Expander (risk vs. reward system) and Castlevania (whipping candles, incredible soundtrack) dipped in some gorgeous Game Boy visuals. Come on people!!!

Oh, and even this came out yesterday, I'm leaving the NZ tag on the thread so it grabs your attention.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

10-01-2014, 11:05 AM
I had my eyes on this one but I'm confused about the screenshots. Is there some kind of multiplier? And how does it affect your score? I just see the distance on the screenshots.
And is GC already integrated? The description says "coming soon"

Game Center: sink_or_swim
10-01-2014, 11:09 AM
Looks great, but feels like a waste. I mean, it's only one more runner in the end.
10-01-2014, 11:10 AM
This does look cool. The only thing that was keeping me from picking it up was the lack of any kind upgrading. (Just from reading the description.) It seems like mainly a high score chaser with nothing to collect or upgrade. I could be wrong though.
10-01-2014, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
I had my eyes on this one but I'm confused about the screenshots. Is there some kind of multiplier? And how does it affect your score? I just see the distance on the screenshots.
And is GC already integrated? The description says "coming soon"
Every candle you hit increases your multiplier, yes. Your score is calculated by multiplying your distance, multiplier and accuracy (of successful candle whips). Oh, and yeah... It looks like the GC support is. not yet in, even though the logo is already listed in the app description

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
10-01-2014, 11:15 AM
LOVE the Gameboy look and feel and music. But are there levels or is it just one constant 'same-ish' background all the time ?
10-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipipitchu View Post
Looks great, but feels like a waste. I mean, it's only one more runner in the end.
Well, you have to take into consideration the direction endless runners have taken recently. This is plain and simply back to basics. No rubbish consumable power-ups, no pay to win elements...nothing but a pure arcade experience. One I'm pretty sure the now-lurking Gabrien would be proud of and recommend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEN View Post
This does look cool. The only thing that was keeping me from picking it up was the lack of any kind upgrading. (Just from reading the description.) It seems like mainly a high score chaser with nothing to collect or upgrade. I could be wrong though.
Nah, you're not wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
LOVE the Gameboy look and feel and music. But are there levels or is it just one constant 'same-ish' background all the time ?
Seems like it's the one background. Who knows if that'll change in the future.

10-01-2014, 11:39 AM
That music is like a drug!!!

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
10-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Simplistic Gameboy-Style Autorunner ... I am totally on board!