★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Well its out. Wish there was a lite version
11-25-2012, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post
BOUGHT! After playing through Hunters, Tactical Soldier, Lost Star Tactics, Crimson Steam Pirates (which all came out ages ago) I need some new tactical game on my phone.
Then Ravenmark and Final Fantasy Tactics, to my mind the two premium turn-based tactical games for iOS, should probably be yer first stop Both games really are leagues and bounds more intricate and sophisticated in both mechanics and narrative than Hunters 1/2, Tactical Soldiers and Lost Star Tactics.

(And once yer done, Time of Heroes and The War of Eustrath are some of the next best TBS games for the platform. For the asynchronous multiplayer equivalent, UniWar and RAD Soldiers, and perhaps even Outwitters and Hero Academy, might provide a well-needed social TBS fix.)

All that said, Solarian Tactics looks interesting (albeit perhaps a little lightweight, but I hope that's just my preconception). I might just have space for yet another TBS on my iPhone...

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona

11-26-2012, 01:37 AM
I think AvH:Onslaught is a much better game for much the same price:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=114263

You need it to add it to your list!
11-26-2012, 02:16 AM
Looks good! I like the art style. Is a universal update in sight?
11-26-2012, 02:49 AM
It looks a bit limited, tiny square maps with what looks like the odd bit of office furniture here and there. Does it get more complex in latter levels? There are some brilliant tbs games on iOS now, I think this may struggle.

Games that will never leave my iPad : Great Big Wargame, Battle Academy, Battle of the Bulge, Ravenmark and Hunters 2.
11-26-2012, 02:52 AM
@Ayjona
I've played most tactical games on iOS the ones I mentioned were just some that came to mind.

I played Ravenmark but its a full blown TBS not a small scale tactics game. So it doesn't really compare.

I HATE the Final Fantasy series and JRPGs in general so I won't be playing FF Tactics or War of Eustrath any time soon.

Time of Heroes was VERY mediocre didn't like it at all, it was laggy too.

UniWar was a good game and I played the hell out of it but its not really a tactics game more a full scale tbs wouldn't you agree?

RAD Soldiers was delayed and by the time it came out I had lost interest and the fact that is was "free" and not very good didn't help.

Outwitters and Hero Academy are MP only so not really my cup of tea. MP is nice but not enough.

@Virag0: I bought AvH because it looked like XCOM on ioS but have you even played that game on an iPhone? It just doesn't work! You gotta have an iPad but even then I'm not sure. Also the graphics are beyond shitty, they give me eyecancer.

Oh well back to playing Solarian Tactics.
11-26-2012, 03:21 AM
Onslaught works great on the iPad. The game is probably one of the deepest strategy games on iOS.
The game intentionally looks like Xcom, although they are actually all custom designs,
if you look carefully. It is also truly multi level as you can go inside all the buildings
and go up to the roof etc. I like the graphics, myself. If you go through the game on the Ipad, there is a lot going on. I think it was probably a brave move to produce a game like this and target ipods or phones, but if they didn't, people would moan, so they moan anyway. If you are a deep strategy fan, this game will keep you going a long time!
11-26-2012, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virag0 View Post
Onslaught works great on the iPad. The game is probably one of the deepest strategy games on iOS.
The game intentionally looks like Xcom, although they are actually all custom designs,
if you look carefully. It is also truly multi level as you can go inside all the buildings
and go up to the roof etc. I like the graphics, myself. If you go through the game on the Ipad, there is a lot going on. I think it was probably a brave move to produce a game like this and target ipods or phones, but if they didn't, people would moan, so they moan anyway. If you are a deep strategy fan, this game will keep you going a long time!
Onslaught does not look like Xcom
11-26-2012, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Onslaught does not look like Xcom
Spot the differences

vs

or

vs

or

vs

I rest virag0's case,sorry for the OT.