Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-26-2012, 02:52 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

@Ayjona
I've played most tactical games on iOS the ones I mentioned were just some that came to mind.

I played Ravenmark but its a full blown TBS not a small scale tactics game. So it doesn't really compare.

I HATE the Final Fantasy series and JRPGs in general so I won't be playing FF Tactics or War of Eustrath any time soon.

Time of Heroes was VERY mediocre didn't like it at all, it was laggy too.

UniWar was a good game and I played the hell out of it but its not really a tactics game more a full scale tbs wouldn't you agree?

RAD Soldiers was delayed and by the time it came out I had lost interest and the fact that is was "free" and not very good didn't help.

Outwitters and Hero Academy are MP only so not really my cup of tea. MP is nice but not enough.

@Virag0: I bought AvH because it looked like XCOM on ioS but have you even played that game on an iPhone? It just doesn't work! You gotta have an iPad but even then I'm not sure. Also the graphics are beyond shitty, they give me eyecancer.

Oh well back to playing Solarian Tactics.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:21 AM
iPad, iOS 7.x

Onslaught works great on the iPad. The game is probably one of the deepest strategy games on iOS.
The game intentionally looks like Xcom, although they are actually all custom designs,
if you look carefully. It is also truly multi level as you can go inside all the buildings
and go up to the roof etc. I like the graphics, myself. If you go through the game on the Ipad, there is a lot going on. I think it was probably a brave move to produce a game like this and target ipods or phones, but if they didn't, people would moan, so they moan anyway. If you are a deep strategy fan, this game will keep you going a long time!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Onslaught does not look like Xcom
Spot the differences

vs

or

vs

or

vs

I rest virag0's case,sorry for the OT.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:34 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

So far not very impressive. No widescreen support for some reason. No way to acces the menu when on a mission. That means you can't exit or restart a mission manually you have to either win or lose. Very annoying! No one could've thought that was s good idea.
Gameplay wise its lackluster. The game has "tactics" in its name but there are little to no tactics involved.
The whole battlefield is just one screen. Not much room for strategy.
I'll keep playing maybe it gets better.

No IAP though for those who care.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:33 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I might grab this but HEROES OF THE SHADOW just finished there full translation for Fire Emblem 12 on the NDS ....

And man it's good....
Old 11-26-2012, 09:54 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Some might call it unfinished or unpolished but in my Eyes Solarian Tactics play`s like an Mod of Hero Academy and it`s not as bad as it first might look like. Sure the customizability during the Missions or afterwards are not as good as they could have been and I definitly miss the AvH:Onslaught Base where you could return after you had finished an Mission to restock your Soldiers and/or research some other frazy Shit but besides that I don`t regret so far getting the Game and definitly will play through it in the upcoming Days to see how well it does work out in the End...
Old 11-26-2012, 11:32 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Game Impressions

Just finished the game and while I don't feel ripped off or anything I can't really recommend it. While it may appeal to "casual" strategy players those who want in depth tactics and strategy better keep looking 'cause this sure isn't it.

There is no strategy involved whatsoever. Up until the last few missions the game is very easy so as long as you upgrade your soldiers you can breeze through every level without any tactics. The upgrade system is rudimentary and while some upgrades are quite overpowered others are useless.

The game is just so unpolished. Like I mentioned above the lack of a menu button is just mind boggling! Who the hell thought that was a good design choice? The whole UI in general could be better. Its very easy to tap where you didn't want to and waste a turn. There really should be an "undo" button. Also some option to see your range BEFORE you move would help.

OT: If you have an iPhone stay the hell away from AvH yeah its a universal app but what they don't tell you is that it is not playable at all on the small screen.

Last edited by Chiller ONE; 11-26-2012 at 11:49 AM..
Old 11-26-2012, 04:06 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

What's that about fire emblem 12? That's on Nintendo ds? How do I get that game? Download from the nds? I played fe years ago by accident and i loved it! Now I buy any tbs game that looks decent. I own all of the iOS turn based games.. I'm a sucker lol. But I really like fire emblem best. Please let me know how I can play that game! Thanks for the help everyone!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:04 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I think I will wait on a price drop from Solarian Tactics; it's disappointing to her such lukewarm reviews because there have been some good iOS turn based strategy games. I just picked up Partia: The Broken Lineage and am hopeful that will scratch the itch (despite it's non-retina graphics).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post
OT: If you have an iPhone stay the hell away from AvH yeah its a universal app but what they don't tell you is that it is not playable at all on the small screen.
I didn't find Alien Versus Humans that unplayable on small screen so that opinion may vary.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:01 PM

Hey everyone, developer/founder of Solarian Tactics here. Thanks for the feedback, and just wanted to let you know I'm trying to do the best I can with my resources (I'm actually a full time business school student who learned to develop and worked on this over the summer, so you could argue I'm in over my head . A couple of things:

1) We're going to add the menu button, obviously an oversight that we had to cut out at the last minute.
2) We can definitely release more content / minigames depending on how well the game goes.
3) The difficulty may be on the easy side for experienced tactical gamers. I made the tradeoff here because I didn't want to force players to grind unnecessarily.

If you have any other feedback let me know here!