★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Perplexed a must have game for fans of puzzles and brain teasers is now live!!

06-24-2009, 08:05 AM
Perplexed a must have game for fans of puzzles and brain teasers is now live!! PCODES

Hello all!

Perplexed is now available on the Apple App Store.

Please give it a try and check it out here:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=319290337&mt=8

Perplexed is a an always exciting, amazing and sometimes frustrating
game of matching! Are you up to the challenge?

The main goal of Perplexed is to use the objects\pieces on either side of the screen and to make a matching shape.
Sounds easy enough?

Fans of games puzzle games and brain teasers will love it!
If you like Tetris, Bejeweled, Peggle, StoneLoops!, Unblock Me and more...
You will def enjoy Perplexed!

Please show some love and:

-Download It!
-Play It!
-Rate It! (Only 5 stars please!
-Tell your friends about it!
and any other awesome things you can do with it..

To those with the new 3GS iPhones, I would be curious to see the game play on it.

Thanks a bunch,

Frank

Last edited by fi5thstreet; 06-24-2009 at 04:08 PM. Reason: added promo codes to title :)
06-24-2009, 09:45 AM
06-24-2009, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_10 View Post
Perhaps, but I like to shun developers who leave themselves 5-star reviews on itunes, so I think I will pass.
06-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkaufman View Post
Perhaps, but I like to shun developers who leave themselves 5-star reviews on itunes, so I think I will pass.
Well, firstly, one never has any concrete proof of who left the review.
Secondly, I've got no problem with one- or two-man indie devs doing this, as the App Store is a fierce marketplace in which to compete, and if you think any less than 99% of indie devs are doing this, then you're probably mistaken.
In fact, why WOULDN'T they do this? If they don't do it, then you may call them honest, but I'd call them bad entrepreneurs.
Meh... Who cares who leaves what reviews if there's just a couple. That few is not gonna upset the cart any.
Make your own opinions on whether to purchase or not based on the gameplay description, the screenshots, and if applicable, the video.
One person saying "OMGZ this iz the best app EVA!!!" or suchlike is not going to sway me, either positively or negatively.
06-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by farley View Post
Well, firstly, one never has any concrete proof of who left the review.
When a reviewer has only left 4 reviews, and three of them are five star reviews for all the apps from one developer, I get suspicious.

Quote:
In fact, why WOULDN'T they do this? If they don't do it, then you may call them honest, but I'd call them bad entrepreneurs.
By not buying their app, I am doing my share to change the definition of what is a good entrepreneur. If people start avoiding apps where developers have left their own reviews, developers will stop doing it.

Quote:
One person saying "OMGZ this iz the best app EVA!!!" or suchlike is not going to sway me, either positively or negatively.
You are contradicting yourself. Is he a good entrepreneur because he left a phony review and convinced people to buy his app, or is he just a liar because people ignore that one over the top review?

I don't like being lied to, and frankly, if the developer has so little confidence in their app, it generally isn't a good sign of the quality of the app.

In any case, I am not keeping anyone else from buying it, I am just stating my opinion.

Michael

Last edited by mlkaufman; 06-24-2009 at 10:56 AM.
06-24-2009, 11:51 AM
Quote:
You are contradicting yourself. Is he a good entrepreneur because he left a phony review and convinced people to buy his app, or is he just a liar because people ignore that one over the top review?
I'm not contradicting myself... If the dev has convinced anyone to buy his app, then that's good business - phoney reviews or not.
With regards to your "people ignore that one over the top review" comment, what I meant earlier when I said that the review "is not going to sway me, either positively or negatively", I meant it's not gonna sway *ME*.
If it sways *OTHER* people, and it convinces just one person to buy the app, then the dev has succeeded.

There may be smart and savvy people on forums who pick up on these fake reviews (such as yourself), but for the vast majority of the buying public, they're not gonna band together and keep notes on which dev is leaving which reviews, etc. They're just gonna buy based on what they see (and read) right there and then.

Quote:
if the developer has so little confidence in their app, it generally isn't a good sign of the quality of the app.
I'd disagree. Even if you have the best app in the world, with so many other apps in the App Store, no-one's ever gonna see it without a little exposure.

Quote:
In any case, I am not keeping anyone else from buying it, I am just stating my opinion.
Sure, of course. As am I. Peace.
I don't wanna make a big deal out of it. But that's kinda my whole point: So the dev has a few fake reviews... big deal... who cares... Well, some people apparently, but not me... I've got bigger issues.

Anyway, even if I were to despise the dev for lying to me and for leaving fake reviews, if I end up not buying a good game because of my own morals, then it's *ME* who loses out, because I'll be preventing myself from playing what could be a great game.
I'll buy the game if I like the game. I won't buy the game if I don't like the game. Simples.
06-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Michael,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful opinions and assumptions.
They are appreciated.
As part of a 2 man dev team, we need all the press we can get.
Good and Bad.

So far I have recieved some great emails regarding perplexed, as people really enjoy the game. Thank You.

Surely like most small dev teams (and all teams for that matter), one has family and friends who will purchase their application\game (no matter if they ever touch it) and leave a positive review.

Either way, the game is fun and challenging and def worth checking out.
I myself have purchased a ton of games, and I am rarely if ever swayed by user reviews.

If it looks fun, then it's worth the small amount of change to me.

And I do totally agree with Farley...
It is your job as an entrepreneur to market your product.
If you look at most voting\rating systems in general, if you are a member, your vote counts.

Thank you for your interest, and I am sure you will enjoy Perplexed!

Frank

Quote:
When a reviewer has only left 4 reviews, and three of them are five star reviews for all the apps from one developer, I get suspicious.

By not buying their app, I am doing my share to change the definition of what is a good entrepreneur. If people start avoiding apps where developers have left their own reviews, developers will stop doing it.

I don't like being lied to, and frankly, if the developer has so little confidence in their app, it generally isn't a good sign of the quality of the app.

Michael
06-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fi5thstreet View Post
Surely like most small dev teams (and all teams for that matter), one has family and friends who will purchase their application\game (no matter if they ever touch it) and leave a positive review.
I agree. Every owner of an app can rate the app. Including family and friends of the developer. It is the reason Apple created Promo Codes. So indy developers could get some buzz and ratings for their apps. Goodluck with your game.
06-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMc99 View Post
I agree. Every owner of an app can rate the app. .
I don't have a problem with that. My problem is when they pretend to be someone else.