Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-19-2012, 04:02 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Space arcade game: Odyssey

We would like to ask you to check out new update of our game "Odyssey: Alone against the whole space".

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

It’s a 2D arcade game. The player controls a space ship flying through different worlds of the Universe and shoots everything in its path. Now with the support of iPhone 5. No black stripes on the edges. The game is full-screen.

A classic cosmic 2D arcade game, in which you control a space ship flying through space and shoots down everything in its path.

What makes this game different from other games of this genre? Made in the best of traditions it uses all the possibilities of a modern vessel.

“Awesome! I played until my fingers went numb. I’d recommend it to anybody!” “Powerful, cool, explosive,”—said beta-testers about the game.

Realistic graphics, sound, and music allow you to immerse your head into the game and completely set yourself on the task of ridding outer space of all evil.

Every time the game is a new exciting adventure.

Classical drama - Sent to patrol the far, dangerous expanses of space, the Odyssey ends up on the path of a whole horde of invaders, an uneven battle with which it gets sent to the edge of the galaxy. Angry after such a turn of events and all the cosmic evil, the Odyssey begins a difficult journey home through mismatching cosmic worlds.

In this game, you’ll be able to:

Explore quite different corners of the galaxy. The game contains several worlds and even more in the updates.

Become acquainted with its unfriendly inhabitants and show what test creates tough guys from planet Earth.

Master outer space defeating cosmic monsters. Try new weapons in action. Keep yourself together while jolting toward your home planet.

The application has an advertisement, but it can be switched off. An augmenting purchase of additional equipment, an upgrade of the current ship is possible. Several types of ships are available to the player—each with its own unique set of weapons.

Cosmic contrabandists are always at your service offering deal prices for all your consumer needs—strength shields, engines, machine guns, plasma and laser cannons, and of course missles—you gotta have them.

Ruthlessly destroy evil in outer space and collect rare iridium material. That’s how people pay their way in space “supermarkets”.

Stock up on ammo and courageously set out on a dangerous journey. Don’t let anyone by. Save your strength for bosses coming your way. The farther you plunge into the depths of space, the more chances there are that you’ll run into them.

The application is compatible with iPhone 3GS, 4, and 4S. iOS version 4.3 or higher is required.

MAIN FEATURES:

-World famous game plot—a non-stop journey through the galaxy;
-Several game worlds with their own individual characteristics;
-Possibility of purchasing new weapons right at the time of battle in the game;
-Different types of weaponry and equipment.

Now with the support of iPhone 5. No black stripes on the edges. The game is full-screen.

What’s new in the updates?

We’ve added a new game world populated by our own unique inhabitants. Including a supermonster, which still remains to be reached.

We’ve also thrown out some of the obstacles – since nobody flies all the way up to the boss despite our attemps to simplify it. Whoever gets to them first, let us know in the comments.

We redid touch control and dragged the ad from below the control stick.

Here is the info page:
(with video and screenshots)
dev.anixapps.com/en/promo/application/odyssey__alone_against_the_whole_space/

iTunes link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/oddysey-alone-against-whole/id527538428

Last edited by Echoseven; 11-25-2012 at 11:51 PM..
Old 11-19-2012, 04:16 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Wow, long app description. Kind of reminds me of one of my long posts. Gonna try this, it looks kind of cool.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:58 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

As far as I can tell, this is an iPhone-only game, so I think it's in the wrong section.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:02 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:18 AM

not bad ,my son like it
Old 11-24-2012, 08:58 AM

I really wish there was an option for relative touch controls.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:44 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Looks good! Anyone playing it?

And the big question... why is it free? o_

DBC
Old 11-24-2012, 09:51 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Looks good! Anyone playing it?

And the big question... why is it free? o_

DBC
It's free because they know we are all suckers for the word although we're wising up fast
Old 11-25-2012, 11:55 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

First Sector Strike and now this? Two free shmups with widescreen support? We're being spoiled here! Gonna give this a try and if its any good I'll buy some IAP.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:11 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

This game has potential but the controls are shit! Really horrible, unplayable almost. This is the same mistake Sector Strike did.
If you make a Shmup logic dictates you implement relative touch controls.
Is this really so hard to get right?