Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-08-2008, 01:06 PM

Default Spore: Origins (now $0.99)

Here's the direct link to it:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=290183295&mt=8

As expected, it is $9.99. It just finished downloading on my iPhone, so here's hoping it's fun.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:14 PM

Not in the UK though. EA, you've just lost another customer.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:05 PM

looking forward to your impressions Matt! I'll probably give this one a whirl after work

Edit: I see it in Itunes but It's still not in my phone's app store. Don't underestimate my laziness EA
I sit on a computer for 9 hours a day. I don't want to fiddle with another one when I get home later...

Edit #2: If you’re having problems finding this on the apps store, try searching for Electronic Arts, not Spore. Thanks to Max for the tip

Edit #3: I think it's pretty fun! last night I played it until my battery died

Last edited by BATTLE BORN; 09-09-2008 at 12:27 PM..
Old 09-08-2008, 04:17 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

ugh, seems like I'm going to have to get it later this week.

I had a friend bring over Spore so I can try it on my macbook... and it doesn't work. Turns out that Spore won't work with any macbook made before late 07!! Something about the drivers for the GMA 950 in osx. It works fine if you run it in bootcamp but who wants to do that?

seems like this is the only way to get my spore fix until I can get a macbook pro
Old 09-08-2008, 07:41 PM

first impression: Meh
second impression: 10 bucks? hopefully it will build more value as i play it more and advance past level 10/30

trick is, kill early and often, to gain much needed evolutionary points, cause the creatures get nasty the further you advance whether you evolved or not

third impression: its growing on me
Old 09-08-2008, 09:09 PM

It's a good game, but nowhere near as good as it is on the PC in terms of customization of your little dude. If they would have had the customization like the PC version it would be pretty flawless.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchart View Post
It's a good game, but nowhere near as good as it is on the PC in terms of customization of your little dude. If they would have had the customization like the PC version it would be pretty flawless.
Yeah, but then it wouldn't be $9.99
Of course, at the same time, if it had all the same features, it would be worth the same price as the PC version
What I'm really curious about is how long is this version? Seems like everyone is progressing levels rather quickly (and there are only 30 levels)
Old 09-09-2008, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by different View Post
Not in the UK though. EA, you've just lost another customer.
So get a US iTMS account - it's not that hard to do. Surely this can't be the first time you've had difficulty getting launch day titles (games, music, movies, software, whatever) ... ? Given how hard it has been at times for me to import stuff like that from the States, and knowing how the US generally gets stuff first (not surprising considering companies like EA are US companies!) I set up a US iTMS account as soon as I bought my iPhone 3G. You don't need a US credit card, you don't have to live there - all you need is Google.

And then, you can get the games and apps you want without having to wait. Or, you can just keep whining ... your choice.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:00 PM

Spore is now available in the UK. Mind you, I just bought the full version today for the iMac, so I'll wait at least a little while.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:36 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Wow, never thought you'd see this thread again, huh? I had to do a lot of searching to find it! Anyway, this just dropped to $.99 today, and even though it hasn't had universal acclaim by any means, for a buck you can't go wrong. It's not a very deep game, and if you love console versions you're sure to see it as just a small part of the whole that you get there, but again, if you don't have it, have some interest, and have a buck...have at it.