Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-04-2013, 05:47 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Default PresentPlunder - (Free and Ridiciously Addictive!)

Hi everyone
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/presentplunder/id743295890?ls=1&mt=8

PresentPlunder just got released today, and it would be great if you guys could play it and give me some feedback!
From what i have heard it is strangley addictive

Cheers!!!

Last edited by jokerseven; 12-04-2013 at 05:50 PM..
Old 12-09-2013, 03:14 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Default Could use a bit of feedback on my game! :) (Highly addictive and free!)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/presentplunder/id743295890?mt=8

Includes:
Highly addictive gameplay
Leaderboards
Inapp purchases
Upgrades and Power ups
Social media functionality
Plenty of future updates

Currently released a few days ago, only has THREE downloads, and i dont think its terrible, so it must be buried deep

Thanks everyone!
Old 12-10-2013, 12:08 AM

Last edited by shaymon; 02-25-2014 at 01:54 PM..
Old 12-10-2013, 12:10 AM

You should add the game name somewhere in your post too.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:14 AM

Awesome game, but educational game is really the best, I hope create or post here also.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:19 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaymon View Post
Ok...1-2 hours later I finally pulled myself away to come back here and comment. At first I was skeptical as it looks like a very plain game. Screenshots don't do it justice. I felt compelled to download it due to the 3 download comment ;(. What finally pushed me over the edge is recalling a cookie game my kids recently found on the computer where they click the cookie and gain currency(cookies) to buy power ups which in turn increase cookies per second.

So I installed the game and started clicking presents. I got enough to buy a power up...then another...then another. Pretty soon I was raking in the presents per second. The ads got distracting and I had played enough that I felt a dollar was well spent. I now had full real estate. My goal was 100,000 but soon it was 250,000. Then my goal was to hit the 2048 combo mark..well I missed that but eventually hit the 1,000,000 mark and decided it was time to come here before my eyes o cross eyed...

So yeah the game is addicting. If you like a good casual game where you build up points, download this. I'm not sure of the lasting appeal but with some improvements it could be.

Some things I like..
- I like the sound effects. Simple but good.
- I love the floating presents..whenever I see that pause I start tapping like crazy!
- I like the circular present flood and the line. I'd like to see more of those things added.
- I like the combo meter. It really keeps you pushing for more.

Things I dislike ..
- the numbers up top seem to take up too much room. Maybe remove the white background and make the font smaller. Or incorporate the combo into the gingerbread house? Also when you remove the ads, this should all move up IMO.
- I wish it fit on my ipad. Seems to be made just for iPhone. I'd love to see a HD version.
- when purchasing buildings, you have to scroll horizontal to get the items to move vertical. This is really unorthodox. Maybe clean the section up and fit everything on one page? Then have page scroll buttons.

Additional thoughts.
It is Christmas so the theme fits. But what happens after Christmas? I think it may hurt the game if it stays Christmassy..changing theme would be nice. Maybe too much work, but I think having an area to showcase your buildings would be cool.

Candy canes are the premium currency. After you pay to unlock adds, I think random candy canes coming out of the gingerbread house would be cool. It could be after the 2048 combo mark. You have to bust them out of a shell by clicking on them like you do with the big present.

Add changeable backgrounds that cost candy canes. I'd be more apt to buy those vs what is available now. Unless I got really hooked and played a lot. Still need random candy cane spawns though.

Gamecenter achievements would serve this game well. You could add a many...

Power ups would be cool like little elves you can buy with candy canes or presents. Set them up to catch presents for a small amount of time.

Clean up the icons on the bottom. Instead of three buttons for buy/leaderboards/sound just have one. Or two. Menu and sound.

Due to the nature of this game, I don't know if it would ever get a steady high star review as people will love it or hate it but I think with some additions and ipad support, it could have potential. I'd rate it a four star as it is now.

I better hit the hay. I hope this information helps you.
Thanks so much!
I have an update coming out in a few days with fixes for some of the stuff you mentioned But now i have a good idea of what to do for v 1.3!
Old 12-10-2013, 12:20 AM

Deleted this as I think the post was merged here and no sense having the same post twice in one thread

Last edited by shaymon; 12-10-2013 at 09:34 AM..
Old 12-10-2013, 12:35 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Shaymon i will give you a shoutout at the millionth download!!! <3
Old 12-10-2013, 12:56 AM

Well to celebrate 2,000,000 presents, I thought of some more things. I really need to get to bed...

The sound effects for me anyways, are satisfying. When you hit that line of presents the sound makes me want more. I think adding additional sound effects for like when you grab every present when they come out in a circle would be nice. Like a pop confetti explosion. When you hit coal, the click is stale. I'd like to hear a sound that I know I screwed up nothing over the top but more than a click.

Not sure if there are more varieties after 2048 combo but I think a medium size present that when you click it, it busts into 3 more presents would be cool.

A cool power up purchased with candy canes or presents would be a zone you place on the screen if you click a present when it is in the zone, you get 10 times the value. This spot is predetermined so people can't place it right next to the house. The zone could last until you hit coal.

A random present idea would be to have presents stack on a side. They keep growing until you swipe them. Each present added gives double the value of the first. So the first present starts at 64 then 128, 256, 512, 1024 randomly they will explode or disappear so you are gambling at letting them add up. Plus it takes focus off your regular present grabbing adding more difficulty.

These are just my crazy ideas. Some may think what is he thinking so be careful what you add I don't want to mess your game up!

K I really need to get to bed. It is already 1 am...
Old 12-10-2013, 01:02 AM

What does the power up reduce limit by 1 do? Let you miss one present? That might need a better clarification.