★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: New Title - touchCopter

06-24-2009, 04:00 PM
New Title - touchCopter

new game release, touchCopter. Just came out.

It's a remake of those classic cave helicopter type things, but it's done right. Nice graphics, a couple different helicopter types to choose from and unlockable content / game modes. I'm still trying to get Gold Rush unlocked..

ScreenShot Here:
http://i44.tinypic.com/110hulw.png
06-24-2009, 04:18 PM
are you the dev?

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*

06-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
are you the dev?
I would doubt it as he didn't even include a link and if the dev I'd certainly hope he'd unlocked all modes by now...unless he's trying to PRETEND he's some average user.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
06-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I would doubt it as he didn't even include a link and if the dev I'd certainly hope he'd unlocked all modes by now...unless he's trying to PRETEND he's some average user.
seems like an odd first post, also I don't know how anyone could think it has good graphics.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
06-24-2009, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
seems like an odd first post, also I don't know how anyone could think it has good graphics.
Yeah, touche, could be a little sad viral marketing.

I say power to devs coming on to introduce a new game of theirs but DO NOT try to tease the animals behind the cage if you want to keep all of your fingers.

My iTunes Reviews
06-24-2009, 06:25 PM
yes I'm the dev.
I loved playing the classic versions of this game type, and would always be sending screen shots around the office like an interoffice leader board every time a new best distance was achieved. Anyway, that's why I made this game, and added a better feature set and graphics.

I didn't think to include the AppStore link. I just wanted to get word out about the game. but it makes sense to include it:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=319473595&mt=8
More screen shots available there as well.

Hope you guys will check it out.
06-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Ohh, and yes as the Dev I definitely have played the Gold Rush mode. But, I also bought my own game day one, and haven't unlocked all the modes yet.

haha, do I get to keep my fingers?
06-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJamesIII View Post
Ohh, and yes as the Dev I definitely have played the Gold Rush mode. But, I also bought my own game day one, and haven't unlocked all the modes yet.

haha, do I get to keep my fingers?
Okay, thanks for being more honest. I think it's cool when a dev joins TA and announces his new game but pretending to be average consumer who just found this great game really can ruffle feathers here.

So are there any sort of powerups? Do the helicopters handle significantly differently? Am I right in assuming this is the "touch for a little burst of lift while continuously falling" like game?

My iTunes Reviews
06-24-2009, 07:53 PM
@LordGek - Ya thats bang on. It's touch to climb, and release to fall.
The helicopters do handle significantly different. I spent allot of time adjusting the performance of the choppers to get the gameplay right. It's also not just a performance increase. The choppers get significantly better, but with that power comes different handling so strategy is required to fly say the Yellow chopper.
06-24-2009, 09:16 PM
i played Chopper yestoday, its interesting, but just an commen thing. i do desire for some new things to cheer up myself. wonder how about this one? any thing innovative? appreciate your exp.