Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-15-2013, 07:12 AM
TouchArcade Bot TouchArcade Bot is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 0
Default Wrestling Revolution HD



Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-15-2013, 07:14 AM
oooooomonkey oooooomonkey is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Forge World
Posts: 6,310
Default

Had to post this. Its like the normal version of wrestling revolution pro but with a zoomed out view specially for the ipad, I've put so many hours into the other version that I picked this up without even thinking.
Still the best wrestling game around.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-15-2013, 08:58 AM
Mr. Charley Mr. Charley is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,993
Default

If this had Game Center achievements added, would likely be the only game that I would double dip for.
Still the best wrestling game I've ever played.
If you like wrestling games, you owe it to yourself to try this one.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-15-2013, 09:41 AM
oooooomonkey oooooomonkey is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Forge World
Posts: 6,310
Default

I love the depth and (realism)? Maybe. But sometimes I deliberately lose a match early on if I know I have a title match after it so that I can be at full health for the important matches. And also the injuries that you might receive if you keep fighting with no health make me think its better to take a lose than be injured.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-23-2013, 04:32 AM
mrbiggles mrbiggles is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 3,689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
I love the depth and (realism)? Maybe. But sometimes I deliberately lose a match early on if I know I have a title match after it so that I can be at full health for the important matches. And also the injuries that you might receive if you keep fighting with no health make me think its better to take a lose than be injured.
any difference between the Pro at 2x vs HD version as for harder gameplay or extras?

is there any total moves list out there for hand gest or button moves?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-23-2013, 04:39 AM
oooooomonkey oooooomonkey is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Forge World
Posts: 6,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbiggles View Post
any difference between the Pro at 2x vs HD version as for harder gameplay or extras?

is there any total moves list out there for hand gest or button moves?
There's no difference between the normal and HD version other than the HD version has a zoomed out camera angle so you can see more of the action.

For total moves I'm not sure what you mean?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-23-2013, 04:49 AM
metalcasket's Avatar
metalcasket metalcasket is offline
Moderator
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Deepest Circle, Hell
Posts: 5,929
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbiggles View Post
any difference between the Pro at 2x vs HD version as for harder gameplay or extras?

is there any total moves list out there for hand gest or button moves?
(Pro) doesn't run at 2x. It runs natively at retina resolution on iPad. The "HD" version is exactly the same game except for the fact that you unlock "Pro" mode through IAP and of course, the zoomed out view.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-25-2013, 03:49 AM
mrbiggles mrbiggles is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 3,689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
(Pro) doesn't run at 2x. It runs natively at retina resolution on iPad. The "HD" version is exactly the same game except for the fact that you unlock "Pro" mode through IAP and of course, the zoomed out view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
There's no difference between the normal and HD version other than the HD version has a zoomed out camera angle so you can see more of the action.

For total moves I'm not sure what you mean?
thanks for the info, understand this is the light version called hd.

wondering how to do some of the wrestling moves? how you break pins, toss objects at opponent, pick up and toss opponent over the ropes(basic throw move), do all your ground attacks, and do all your custom standing grappling moves via swipes, what are all the top rope moves + hwo do you reverse moves etc.

would be nice to see a button + swipe wrestling move list + tips.

Last edited by mrbiggles; 01-25-2013 at 03:56 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-25-2013, 07:21 AM
oooooomonkey oooooomonkey is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Forge World
Posts: 6,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbiggles View Post
thanks for the info, understand this is the light version called hd.

wondering how to do some of the wrestling moves? how you break pins, toss objects at opponent, pick up and toss opponent over the ropes(basic throw move), do all your ground attacks, and do all your custom standing grappling moves via swipes, what are all the top rope moves + hwo do you reverse moves etc.

would be nice to see a button + swipe wrestling move list + tips.
Right to break a pin or do a reversal you can do anything, tap swipe pinch whatever any input has a chance to break or reverse.

Your normal moves from a grapple and your ground attacks are done with a swipe either up,down,left,right or up left, up right, down left, down right.

Jumping from the turnbuckle you just drag your finger from your guy to your target.

And for tossing an opponent out of the ring you need to do some kind of throw move toward the ropes while near them.
I have my moves set up so if I swipe up it does a stalled suplex, so when I'm near the ropes I grapple the opponent then swipe up and while you have them up in the air/vertical position you can tap either side of your character to choose which side to drop them, so tap the ropes side and you throw them over the ropes.
You could also knock them over the ropes with punches and kicks or any other throw move.

Not sure about throwing objects at your opponents as that's something I've never tried? I normally just pick something up and hit them with it then drop it. I'll have to try that one out as I've seen the AI do it before.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-25-2013, 09:34 PM
mrbiggles mrbiggles is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 3,689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Right to break a pin or do a reversal you can do anything, tap swipe pinch whatever any input has a chance to break or reverse.

Your normal moves from a grapple and your ground attacks are done with a swipe either up,down,left,right or up left, up right, down left, down right.

Jumping from the turnbuckle you just drag your finger from your guy to your target.

And for tossing an opponent out of the ring you need to do some kind of throw move toward the ropes while near them.
I have my moves set up so if I swipe up it does a stalled suplex, so when I'm near the ropes I grapple the opponent then swipe up and while you have them up in the air/vertical position you can tap either side of your character to choose which side to drop them, so tap the ropes side and you throw them over the ropes.
You could also knock them over the ropes with punches and kicks or any other throw move.

Not sure about throwing objects at your opponents as that's something I've never tried? I normally just pick something up and hit them with it then drop it. I'll have to try that one out as I've seen the AI do it before.
thanks again, helpful... yeah i'll check into throwing objects, tried swipes but didn't seem to work = to toss the bell, or dynamite etc at opponents.

i like they way u can rope break by tapping on the rope too.
I think to "Taunt" is just a swipe fingers apart (like pinning) when away from ur opponent. I read somewhere it gives you power back etc.

any idea on doing a finishing wrestling move? I know when your meter gets full it flashes, but unsure on that or if there are any other Celebration type taunt moves?

do you find the swipes or buttons easier?
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent