Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-14-2013, 10:50 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Default Critical Missions: SPACE (by Studio OnMars) [Universal]

Old 05-14-2013, 11:04 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Hmm, even if it's just a Ruskin if CM: S I still want to get it. Just ran out of iTunes credit, so I can't TOFTT...
Old 05-14-2013, 11:10 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Hmm...I've heard good things about this. UI looks pretty awful, though.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:15 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Hmm...I've heard good things about this. UI looks pretty awful, though.
Yeah.. was thinking of taking one for the team, but then i looked at the UI and said to meself, better not. :P
Old 05-14-2013, 11:23 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Gameplay-wise, Critical Missions is one of the best online FPS for iPhone and such, and the best CS-like game available, but yup, the UI sucks a lot.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:27 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 05-14-2013, 11:31 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Paid full price for the first Critical Missions and deleted it within 5 minutes of playing. It then went on sale a week or so later. Not bothering with this. No thanks.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:37 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Been playing this for a while now and it is a very good game.
Very stable server connection, never any problem at all connecting.

It is very old school and a very simplistic multiplayer shooter but it is done very well.
It is essentially Critical Missions SWAT set in space for the most part. So a reskin would be accurate to some extent but it wouldn't cover the tweaks and many changes that have gone on in the background.
Its a smoother more polished experience but the menu is essentially the same other than the fully customisable and resizable buttons.

There is a ton of maps, I don't actually know how many but it has the space ones and then it has an essentially unlimited (well, not quite, but a lot, many I haven't even got around to playing on yet) amount of fan and dev made ones that download when you select to play on that map. The download of those maps takes no amount of time and tiny space.

The maps vary a lot from a space station to a moon like planet to Homer Simpsons house.

Bear in mind it is very old school in a Counter Strike 1.6 way so it doesn't have the graphical quality of NOVA 3 but it is polished and the developer continuously bug fixes and updates.

And it is quite a lot of fun to jump in, frag away mad for a while with a fully stable connection. I haven't played the release one yet but the various beta's I've been playing are hugely addictive and a very smooth multiplayer experience.

On the user interface side of things, what you see in the screenshots is the default on both iPad and iPhone.
But every button can be repositioned and resized in any way that you like. Couldn't be easier to find a comfortable button layout and resizing so that they are not in the way.
My layout is essentially the same as the settings I use in any Gameloft shooter.

I'd easily recommend it, it is very enjoyable. Just be aware its not MC4 or NOVA 3 graphically. But the variety of the maps, complexity of some and simplicity of others I've played, easily make up for it with the fun factor.

Hit detection is good but also be aware its not a high hp type of game. If you get hit, you're going down. So if you like that (I do, it adds to the challenge), you should love it.

So basically the graphics are not NOVA 3 but the gameplay is absolutely top notch. It is very polished and very stable with a fully customisable interface.

Last edited by Rip73; 05-14-2013 at 11:50 AM..
Old 05-14-2013, 11:55 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
Been playing this for a while now and it is a very good game.
Very stable server connection, never any problem at all connecting.

It is very old school and a very simplistic multiplayer shooter but it is done very well.
It is essentially Critical Missions SWAT set in space for the most part. So a reskin would be accurate to some extent but it wouldn't cover the tweaks and many changes that have gone on in the background.
Its a smoother more polished experience but the menu is essentially the same other than the fully customisable and resizable buttons.

There is a ton of maps, I don't actually know how many but it has the space ones and then it has an essentially unlimited (well, not quite, but a lot, many I haven't even got around to playing on yet) amount of fan and dev made ones that download when you select to play on that map. The download of those maps takes no amount of time and tiny space.

The maps vary a lot from a space station to a moon like planet to Homer Simpsons house.

Bear in mind it is very old school in a Counter Strike 1.6 way so it doesn't have the graphical quality of NOVA 3 but it is polished and the developer continuously bug fixes and updates.

And it is quite a lot of fun to jump in, frag away mad for a while with a fully stable connection. I haven't played the release one yet but the various beta's I've been playing are hugely addictive and a very smooth multiplayer experience.

On the user interface side of things, what you see in the screenshots is the default on both iPad and iPhone.
But every button can be repositioned and resized in any way that you like. Couldn't be easier to find a comfortable button layout and resizing so that they are not in the way.
My layout is essentially the same as the settings I use in any Gameloft shooter.

I'd easily recommend it, it is very enjoyable. Just be aware its not MC4 or NOVA 3 graphically. But the variety of the maps, complexity of some and simplicity of others I've played, easily make up for it with the fun factor.

Hit detection is good but also be aware its not a high hp type of game. If you get hit, you're going down. So if you like that (I do, it adds to the challenge), you should love it.

So basically the graphics are not NOVA 3 but the gameplay is absolutely top notch. It is very polished and very stable with a fully customisable interface.
Thanks for the impressions I guess I will check it out at some point.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:58 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Probably my biggest concern would be the advantage PC players have over mobile.